It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK teacher calls 8th-grader 'despicable' for saying people can't identify as cats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A UK teacher got into a heated argument with two eighth grade students for their views about gender ideology, according to a secret audio recording of the incident.

"How dare you, you just really upset someone," said a teacher at Rye College, a coeducational secondary school in East Sussex, according to a Sunday report from the Telegraph. "Saying things like ‘Should be in an insane asylum.’"

The student responded, "I haven't said that. I was just saying if they want to identify like a cat or something then they're like genuinely unwell."

So now, you cannot state the truth, the facts, the reality. I'd say this is the apex of the pendulum. For a child to show so much more intelligence than that child's teacher should be a wake up call. To discuss the actual topic "can normal healthy people identify as cats and not be considered nucking futs" is pointless as the answer changes depending on whom you ask. And yes, it's totally political.

So knowing politics plays a huge role in this, let's remember who it is that pushes all this. Progressive Democrats in the US, I don't know what they are called in the UK, but they would be the progressive "whatevers" over there. And you cannot speak out about it, or you will be shut down. that is until the majority speaks up all at once. This ideology must be smashed, but I think before that happens, we need to get all those who support this on record, so later in life, when someone starts down the road to idiocy, we can pull this one little gem out, and remind them what happens when a political party goes full retard. (never go full retard)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ah but, if you care to look at Japan there are people that identify with animals. They call themselves "Furries".

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Ah but, if you care to look at Japan there are people that identify with animals. They call themselves "Furries".

That's nice, but is there a movement in Japanese government and industry to make every citizen bend towards being "furry"? Do they ridicule people who don't want to play?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As someone who identifies as a dog, I say this is barking mad.

In all seriousness, it's all a bit ridiculous and hopefully the teacher will be spoken to and asked to change his/her/their/vix/etc behaviour and get back to teaching. Bullying children is not a good look.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i'd have to say if i identified as a cat, it would have to be fat freddy's. cause i'm mean and tuff and take no guff.

warning language.

Fat Freddy's Cat

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

And they're genuinely unwell

We used to call them crazy people, and if they couldn't sort themselves out we would put them in an asylum so society could move forward

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Last fall someone requested cat boxes in the local school and it got really crazy and the school was about to cave when the cleaning crew told them the would not be cleaning anything of the sort and there was no discussion to be made on it further. The request was the parents of said furries could handle it like they would at home. Was a health and safety issue and no negotiations would be possible. Co boxes for the furries so no furries.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Yes, and "furries" are crazy people who identify as animals. Putting these folks in the asylum would weed out the nutters and those who were just in this for the attention would likely go back to be the unpopular person they were before they chose to scream for attention.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

What do you mean "IF"? LOL

Gato.

As far as this teacher, fire them.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The student responded, "I haven't said that. I was just saying if they want to identify like a cat or something then they're like genuinely unwell."

How dare he speak the truth to BS. He's a revolutionary. Arrest him now, or their will be more like him.

(post by Terpene removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
As someone who identifies as a dog, I say this is barking mad.

In all seriousness, it's all a bit ridiculous and hopefully the teacher will be spoken to and asked to change his/her/their/vix/etc behaviour and get back to teaching. Bullying children is not a good look.

Agreed - It's certainly not in the curriculum and her teaching about four sexes violates the biology curriculum and safeguarding if they've failed to report a student who identifies that way to the local authority and mental health services for review.

Pupils are allowed opinions as long as it's not bullying someone - the teacher shouldn't bully and censor students and instead teach them why their opinion is incorrect (not possible in this case as she's obviously wrong).

I don't think it's a political thing as no Party in the UK supports this - The SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party) did support allowing trans prisoners into the prison gender they transitioned to but dropped it in a big scandal in January 2023.

From this Indy article it seems the college is going to give her a good bollocking as she's violated their teaching standards and policies. www.independent.co.uk...

“Teachers endeavour to ensure that pupils’ views are listened to, and encourage them to ask questions and engage in discussion. Teachers also aim to answer questions sensitively and honestly,” the spokesperson said. “We strive to uphold the highest standards across the school. We will be reviewing our processes and working with the relevant individuals to ensure such events do not take place in the future.”

edit on 20-6-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

What do you mean "IF"? LOL Gato.

you caught that, glad to see some people can catch my writing irony / sarcasm (which i'm not good at) and people are on the ball.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Did you bother to read the article which has quotes of the ad hominem attacks a teacher leveled at a child?

What about gender ideology makes it okay for adults that have an extremist and absolutist view on it to act inappropriately toward children without being criticized?

It's completely irrelevant what the discussion was about, the teacher was being abusive to a child when they thought nobody would know. Isn't this exactly how the church sex abuse scandals went on for so long?

This is turning into a progressive version of right wing gay conversion therapy. Like it's not permissable to have or express incorrect beliefs and requires psychological conditioning to "pray" the evil out. The flag waving, making it part of every lesson. This is just neo-religious fanaticism at this point. It's not rational that this has become excusable adult beahbior toward children. It's emotional outbursts about personal beliefs that are totally inappropriate for educators.

No part of education requires any child be belittled, harassed, or abused because of the personal beliefs of a teacher or school employee.
edit on Tue Jun 20 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
According to the teacher-a human who believes they are not a human but a cat falls under the umbrella of "gender."
This is false.It falls under the umbrella of delusion.

According to the teacher,if you voice your opinion that the person thinking they are a cat is delusional-then you are "homophobic."
This is also false.A cat is a species of animal,not a variation of human sexuality.

According to the teacher,the girl who holds this opinion needs to be re educated,or find another school to attend.
This is discrimination-which is illegal here in the UK.

Sack the damn teacher,she is unfit to teach or be around kids.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Definitely the right side of history.

I cant wait for the first POTUS that is a cat or dog
edit on 6202023 by Butterfinger because: I cant spell

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
It was girls, it's an all girls school.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I could totally live as somebody's cat and be very happy.
However I'd still be a female feline which confuses me endlessly. Does that mean I'd have two genders?

I would like to add my meta gender: fabulous

Fabulous female feline

(That's called 'alliteration' didn't even aim for it, it just happened. That's how I know it's right)
edit on 20-6-2023 by Peeple because: fff

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

would you relegate yourself to the litter box alone, or would you bounce between the litter box and the toilet? And would you do showers, or just lick yourself clean? really strange perverted minds want to know.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

lol, wannabe psychoanalyst triggered by their sexual trauma, keep studying psychology you might learn a thing or two

I'd love for you to teach us all a thing or two, since your arrogantly posted this.

perhaps you could start by explaining why a person who identifies as a cat is puurrrrfectly normal.

<<   2  3 >>

join