It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember The Story about the White Starbucks Manager that was Fired over Racism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

White Starbucks Manager Fired Amid Furor Over Racism Wins $25 Million
The jury found that Starbucks had violated the federal civil rights of the former manager, Shannon Phillips, as well as a New Jersey law that prohibits discrimination based on race, awarding her $600,000 in compensatory damages and $25 million in punitive damages.

If there was ever a poop show this was it.

The problem is nobody has any common sense or decency anymore.
This really wasn't about race, this was about common sense.

If you go into a restaurant and lounge around, you should buy something. Even a small cup of something while you are waiting.
This was taught to kids before, but I guess it's not anymore. You are showing the restaurant you are "renting" the space.
Also, some of these places have bathrooms just for customers, if you don't buy anything, you are not a customer. Where is the issue with that?

I was recently at a Starbucks in DC. There was a young lady that came in, was using the wifi, and brought food in from a food truck, and just lounged around, while not buying a single thing. This is wrong. There are so many people that see no problem with it. There is a blur from public to private space. I wrote a post about youth having no shame, and that is a perfect example.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was recently at a Starbucks in DC. There was a young lady that came in, was using the wifi, and brought food in from a food truck, and just lounged around, while not buying a single thing.

Most places where i hail from don't allow the consumption of food or beverages not purchased at the establishment including Starbucks.

Short of your kid having special dietary needs or the like.

And even then you would be required to purchase something to use the seating areas.

Was she maybe homeless or destitute?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Was she maybe homeless or destitute?

Nope, well dressed, laptop, sandwich from food cart. Taking up a table of four.
We were there for a while and nobody came to meet her.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think law these days basically go like this, if you are being tried in a major metro city that is DNC controlled and you are not with the wokeness you are going to lose. It seems all potential jurors and judges are woke and so once again, two sets of standards. It will lead to a civil war at some point and I hate that. But also in a twisted way I dont.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 14-6-2023 by greendust because: satan

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Woke stupidity ain't so bad all the time... this lady got $25 million out of it

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
It will lead to a civil war at some point and I hate that. But also in a twisted way I dont.

You think "wokeness" will start a civil war? Remember Jan6....that's just the start.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

She would have got kindly asked to leave methinks.

Maybe direct her towards the public library or a park.

But bye'bye if you're not buying anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It will lead to a civil war at some point and I hate that. But also in a twisted way I dont.

You think "wokeness" will start a civil war? Remember Jan6....that's just the start.

Dude, it is happening and your pals are advocating. We are getting prepared and willing to defend our constitution. You are not, I get that. You think all is well. I get that. But, millions of people do not. And they are getting really angry. REALLLY angry. Stop being an elittist. you are not any smarter than anyone else as smart as you. Freedom is more real from my side of philosophy than yours. It just is. !00 plus years of marxist murdering proves that. I am the real woke, you are the sleep that the devil had glazed your eyes with. Believe it or not, it doesnt matter.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Aw yes, January 6th. The day worse than 9/11. How long are you going to be clutching this pearl? This obvious Psyop?

😂😂🤦‍♂️
edit on 14-6-2023 by Jorge1986s because: The technocracy will fail

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

She would have got kindly asked to leave methinks.

Maybe direct her towards the public library or a park.

But bye'bye if you're not buying anything.

I think that's what the manager in the case did, but the person being asked to leave was a "special" class. That person alleged the manager was just racist, so Starbucks fired her. Manager sued, saying they only believed it on account she was white.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, it's "Starbucks" it's not like you can claim to be just browsing.

Probably best to simply buy a coffee or else move along.

Anyhoo a $25.6 million payout would seem to indicate who's at fault.

Then again chances are the lawyers will take what, about half?

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There's a whole group who believe that any business is a "public place" and that they can do as they please.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that's what the manager in the case did, but the person being asked to leave was a "special" class. That person alleged the manager was just racist, so Starbucks fired her. Manager sued, saying they only believed it on account she was white.

The manager wouldn’t give then a key to the bathroom because they weren’t customers.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Eh, I wasn't far off then.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Eh, I wasn't far off then.

The way I see things going I see change is going to happen and it will make it worse for everyone.
It is already starting.

Some stores are trying a system where you must swipe in and swipe out. In Europe a lot of places you have to pay to use the bathroom.

In the US we’ve been nice and polite for a long time, but it seems everyone is getting used and abused and they are sick of it.

Speaking of bathrooms. I can’t speak for the guys, but I am absolutely disgusted at the women’s bathroom lately. The amount of non-flushed toilets. I’m not talking one or two times either, it’s been everywhere I go.
So gross!!! . c’mon just freakin flush it. And that unfortunately isn’t the worst of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

When we jettisoned religion, we lost a lot that was good. Consideration for others was one thing.

top topics

join