It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have people lost their creativity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Recently, I've been reading up on Lev Gumilev's ethnogenetic theory. According to him, a select few individuals exhibit an overriding tendency to give themselves unreservedly over to creative activities/goal, at the expense of themselves and others. And such individuals have been rapidly dying out, as a result of ill-regulated/unfocused mixture of races leaving America barren/sterile, not to mention the antipathy towards immigration from nationalistic element.

archive.nytimes.com... - books.google.com...

Creativity is an inborn quality which can't be acquired mechanically or by training, but even being born into a family of geniuses is no guarantee that the individual will manifest it. If there's a lack of stimulus, or a lack of contact with living genuine artists, the gifted individual will remain a mediocre talent. At best, they can study the techniques from deceased artistic masters. Composer Philip Heseltine was unable to develop his own style until his contact with Dutch composer Bernard van Dieren.
edit on 16-6-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is my 4th decade, and in this last year, 2023, I have spoken to countless people about how they and myself see a major change in American society in the southwest.

I began to research and yes, there is a small fraction, or university professors and editors for major columns, that is addressing these changes in society. These changes in society have created a ton of stress for many people, I believe it is why we saw a rise in violence during the past 4 years. There IS wrong and right. Certainly, even more easily understood - there is Truth and False. It has become common for not only those under 30 years old, but even the older adults, to show all people in society that they are entitled. There IS a human spirit, there IS a heart in our warm blooded body. People can go around in the next decade and neglect others, but the wrong part of from what I have seen, is that these people need more attention and give more attention to people than what is the norm, however they lie about it. I believe this issue of dishonest in society is what needs to be addressed right now, like major public humiliation, legally, to get more people to mock the obnoxious people who are going around now and making a huge statement that they don't care about anyone. A society that doesn't care or respect anyone? We are not evolving, this new generation is falling, falling falling, and I really am like many others - I have been fighting for my mental health and my well being because the heartlessness in the new world is more than real - it is a pure nightmare and these people WILL know they are betraying their own heart and soul by neglecting their neighbors constantly now. How would a person act like others are truly invisible? They not only do it but enjoy doing it. They zero respect for their own species, pure spite, and the injustice of it all makes me terribly angry. My whole interaction with society is changing now as I am preparing to face everybody who decides to act like a terrible idiot.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AncientStone

Was there a general consensus in what those people told you? What have you researched?

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hjesterium

I have read some statistics, it was that 18% of people walk with their phones, but that could go up to 40% in certain atmospheres. When you see two people walking together it is more likely they are both walking with their phones than 3 people walking together. 71% of people in relationships spend more time on their phone than with their partners, I assume that means texting others or calling others and not their mate.

I read that the action is a mental safety net, psychologically they feel a relief like a drug when walking in public with their cellphone. If you can imagine a person who is lacking any social skills, the act to look down at the phone feels safe to them, a good feeling that they won't have to encounter any situations of having to be social.

Academia seems to be completely against the new trend, in concern for safety primarily. I spoke to a person in Arkansas today and apparently the same type of things are growing down there. If there is a place in America that believes in old moral values as a city, that there is not a stranger and they have respect for their neghbor, I would move there.

My most recent experiences,
yesterday I was driving in a parking lot and out of nowhere a college aged guy walked right in front of my car while reading his phone. I looked at him, with my window down, and I was not frustrated, but I was thinking while looking at him that it is not wise to jump out in front of a moving car without looking, he looked at me briefly looking at him and was probably thinking, would this guy stop looking at me because it is taking my attention away from my phone - as his body language looked when he curled down his lip at me then looked back onto his phone. Then I parked, the man next to me looking at his phone in his car looked over and glared at me as if I was infiltrating his space, then looked back at his phone and didn't look away until I left. I exited the parking lot and I saw a teenage skateboarder going along while looking down at his phone - this young man was skateboarding without looking at all where he was going - I thought, how his he succeeding in skateboarding without looking? Then I thought, I have seen everything, then I thought, not, so much more is going to come.

I would bet a lot of money that many people reading this is the exact same kind of person, ignoring people with this new trend in today's society. They lie under any circumstance, the truth is they think very lowly of their own species, even when people don't do anything wrong. Watch out for them, I know exactly what is causing their negative vibe and that vibe is nothing I would recommend going near.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join