It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Warned Against Going to Caribbean Tourist Destination Over Concerns of Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The U.S. State Department on Tuesday issued a travel advisory for U.S. citizens traveling to the Dominican Republic due to a recent increase in sexual assaults and violent crime.

A yellow-colored, level two advisory was issued for travelers going to the Caribbean tourist hotspot that they should “exercise increased caution,” according to the bulletin.

“Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic,” said the State Department in its advisory. “The wide availability of weapons, the use and trade of illicit drugs, and a weak criminal justice system contribute to the high level of criminality on the broader scale.”
Years ago I used to bum around on the beaches and it was a free life style that actually was fairly safe. I never felt no danger. But my dream of being once a old man beach bum doesn't look so innocent these days.

Text RedText RedThe U.S. State Department on Tuesday issued a travel advisory for U.S. citizens traveling to the Dominican Republic due to a recent increase in sexual assaults and violent crime.

A yellow-colored, level two advisory was issued for travelers going to the Caribbean tourist hotspot that they should “exercise increased caution,” according to the bulletin.

“Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic,” said the State Department in its advisory. “The wide availability of weapons, the use and trade of illicit drugs, and a weak criminal justice system contribute to the high level of criminality on the broader scale.”

www.theepochtimes.com... gbriefnoe&src_morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2023-06-08&src_cmp=mb-2023-06-08&utm_medium=email&est=LU4XYSeiABU2IXyO0z%2BghmNJhqtFALi4lotEqD35jzUB39AS sLLSIDKkP4CQYWZouQ%3D%3D

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yep. The savages of Haiti have come a long way from the Tonton Macoute. Total devolution has crossed the mounta
ins and come down on the other side of the island. *My grandmother is Haitian. I know stuff.

Meanwhile, in South Africa...
Meanwhile in your neighborhood......

Trust the plan.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Also Mexico. Kidnappings, murders, robberies, ransom,violence at the beaches, esp popular for spring break. No part of South of the US borders...and cartels are 5-10 people you see on the street, and are deep in all the cities on the boarder.

Warning from State Dept began before this year's springbreak. Family murdered, teens kidnapped etc ..got crazy there in the past 7-10 yrs...but really a death warning ng cause you go there, get in trouble...we can't help you...
edit on 06235630America/ChicagoThu, 08 Jun 2023 08:33:56 -050033202300000056 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is verbatim the same warning the NAACP gave for florida?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I just got back from there.
I'm still waiting for my marlin replica in the mail.
I didn't feel unsafe at any point.
We stayed at casa de campo, which is kinda isolated and gated, so maybe it's worse than we experienced, but we're already looking at going back.
The Haiti border looks sketchy though.
Machine gunners all around.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I just got back from there.
I'm still waiting for my marlin replica in the mail.
I didn't feel unsafe at any point.
We stayed at casa de campo, which is kinda isolated and gated, so maybe it's worse than we experienced, but we're already looking at going back.
The Haiti border looks sketchy though.
Machine gunners all around.
I\

I thought you said " Martin Guitar"

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The only places I don't stay in a gated community in the Caribbean that are not US territory are the Turks and Caicos or the other VI like St.John or St. Maarten. Dominican and Jamaica for sure gated.
edit on 8-6-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Haven't been to Jamaica yet mon, but St maarten is my favorite place down there.
St. Johns and St.Thomas were very inhospitable to Americans when I was there.
I had to knock some huge guy down in St Thomas, who did a beeline towards me from across the street.

Funny thing about RD, is it's chock full of the yachting class.
...especially with the times
sus report

top topics

join