It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom shot, killed by neighbor amid long-standing feud over her children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: vonclod

Trayvon “doubled back” and attacked Zimmerman as the court records and witnesses attested to.ZImm was following him,but nothing else so he could point out where he went.

That doesn't change much for me, if you stalk me..expect a surprise! I have been robbed, my home has been invaded..nope, you don't get to follow me home, especially if I'm just minding my own business.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
Never gonna happen. The race hustle is a business model; it keeps the likes of the MSM in business.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I avoid it on the internet, and I avoid it in real life. I just don't have the time and energy to spare.

As do I.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: LSU2018

Actually, there's no reason to NOT BELIEVE racial epithets were made. But believe asyou like, it doesn't matter what either of us believe. Reality is manufactured by the government's chosen people and the MSM, truth being the first casualty of war.

So........Cry Havoc, let slip the dogs of war.

I can well believe in a feud of this kind that language went all the way around on all sides.

Oh, I'm quite sure it did. Sad it ended the way it did though. Some people need conflict resolution counseling; instead they get firearms.......which DO resolve the conflict, one way or the other. But at a rather high price.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cwwcww

Actually, the word we use where I live is "Democrats", but whatever.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: BernnieJGato

The actual police told Zimmerman to stay in his car. Being an adult he should have listened to them.

Yes two wrongs don’t make a right, but Zimmerman is alive and Trayvon is not, completely different set of consequences, which could have been avoided.

He wasn't in his car. He was walking back to it. It wasn't a police officer, it was the dispatcher.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They better hope those kids do not talk. They will tell those cops that momma had attacked that woman before...read on....

Woods said that when interviewed by investigators, Lorincz claimed she acted in self-defense and that Owens had been trying to break down her door prior to her discharging her firearm. Lorincz also claimed that Owens had come after her in the past and had previously attacked her. Through their investigation – including obtaining the statements of eyewitnesses – detectives were able to establish that Lorincz’s actions were not justifiable under Florida law, a statement from the sheriff’s office said.

Link

Just have to love the title of the article. Nuclear Race Bait.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They interviewed the children before they charged the lady. The neighbor noted that the shooter often said terrible,nasty things to the children as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

So there are two sides to the story? Hope it stays that way.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I can only relay what has been reported.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Same here. The issue is that it has become a race issue. I tire of this. Really. If the roles were reversed, the article would say....

"Woman shoots and kills neighbor in dispute"

There would be no mention of race. It creates narratives that propagate into more hate.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm going to take the opposite side of this discussion.

I had a neighborhood kid dump their bike in my driveway, next to my front door. When I picked it up and took it to the curb, they acted like I stole it and started making a fuss over it. I had the police come by and explain why they should stay off my property. The whole time the kids acted like gremlins and said my property looks abandoned. It doesn't - my grass and hedges are trimmed. My yard certainly looks better than the neighbors.

Well the kids mom stopped by later and acted like I was the problem. The self-entitlement enraged me. My dad did use corporal punishment and I did get my ass whacked when I was a kid. If I dumped my bike in someone else's driveway I would have had my ass spanked bright red. No doubt in my mind.

I told her to get lost and if they leave their junk on my property again I would throw it out. I guess I'm the angry old man of the neighborhood. I'm fine with that.

Well just today I was doing yard work and my neighbors are standing outside heckling me. Juvenile insults like you would expect from 7 year olds. I'm an old man with gray hair and these grown adults are trying to pick on me like they're schoolyard bullies.

Really I do understand the rage. I think our society was more civilized 200 years ago when people could duel to the death for their honor. People acted polite back then and you wouldn't get heckled walking outside your house like this. It is savage and barbaric that the practice of dueling came to an end.

There were famous duels between politicians in the White House during the formative years of our Republic. WTF happened? Why did society suddenly devolve and become barbaric like it is today?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Though this is one of those situations where you really need all the information, I can believe the shooter was overly aggressive.

First, throwing a child's Ipad. Really, you know it's going to break? Because it was left on your lawn? Normal, stable people don't do that.

Shooting someone when you are in your locked house? How likely is it that the door is going to be broken down before you can call the police?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Trayvon “doubled back” and attacked Zimmerman as the court records and witnesses attested to.ZImm was following him,but nothing else so he could point out where he went.

That doesn't change much for me, if you stalk me..expect a surprise! I have been robbed, my home has been invaded..nope, you don't get to follow me home, especially if I'm just minding my own business.

Unfortunately THAT is not standing your ground. Doubling back is dangerous to do instead of getting home,then calling the cops or defending your home. WHat if you attack someone who happens to be going the same way because you think they are stalking you?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Unfortunately THAT is not standing your ground. Doubling back is dangerous to do instead of getting home,then calling the cops or defending your home. WHat if you attack someone who happens to be going the same way because you think they are stalking you?

You make real sure, there is no question about Zimmerman doing what he was doing. Anyway, it's not generally something a guy like me has to worry about too much(getting followed). I have been through things in life though, that make me think the way I do. I'm not advocating people do it, especially in the U.S., just trying to explain how I might react, and that I could understand TM's action..right, wrong or indifferent.

You make a fair point, and I'm not saying you're wrong.
edit on 7-6-2023 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just reading a follow-up on this woman. She had a pension for bullying ethnic children.

It will inevitably end up a subject of race when the suspect is the "angry neighborhood racist kid hater". They just dealt with her apparently. Seems she was alone in her condemnation of the neighborhood.

The link will not copy properly with either browser. From that article.

Phyllis Wills, 33, has lived in the neighborhood for about 15 years. She knew Owens and knew of Lorincz "because she used to come outside all the time and harass our kids," she said. "Everybody in this neighborhood has feuded with this lady over our children."

She said Lorincz had a problem with children simply being children.

"Our kids used to play in the field over there all the time. It’s an apartment complex. These are children who, you know, they’re, they’re going to do things. ... Every time they’ve went even in the patch of grass over there, she would be like, ‘Get off of my lawn, you b---- or you retards or you N-word.' She would wave guns at them," Wills said.

Wills continued: "She recorded them every time she’s came outside. She’s gotten into her truck and blasted the radio as loud as she could to agitate the kids. She’s gotten into her truck and laid on the horn for long periods of time to agitate them, as well. She sped out in her truck out here, just crazy things.”

She said she never called the police on Lorincz but has “stood in my yard and yelled at her for the way she talks to the kids. But I’ve never actually had a conversation with her. She wasn’t somebody that you can converse with."

Lorincz "used to come outside, and she used to record them constantly. And she’ll just flick them off while she’s recording the kids, calling them out their names," said Mozell, the mother of four children ranging in age from 10 to 19.

She added that Lorincz would bully children and was known in the neighborhood as a "Karen," a sarcastic term for a white woman who harasses people of color and has a reputation for racism. Mozell said her youngest daughter told her that Lorincz would record them and then contact authorities for the mere act of playing.

Apart from not knowing what a Karen is, or deliberately trying to change its colloquial meaning, this woman absolutely comes off like an angry white trash curmudgeon.

Not too old to start liking gangster women braiding her hair into cornrows, I hope.
edit on 7-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Let's dissect your story a little bit. First, you think kids should be hit if they leave their bike somewhere they shouldn't.
That speaks volumes about your personality and how you treat kids.

Kids should NOT get their ass kicked especially if it's the first time. A normal person/parent explains why they shouldn't do something. If they do it again, unless it's something dangerous, a non-violent punishment is fine. Physical aggression for normal child behavior isn't appropriate.

Which leads me to believe maybe you just didn't put their bikes by the curb? Do you put then where they could be hit by cars? Maybe YOU wanted to teach the kids a lesson - you couldn't legally physically hit them so did you want to punish them another way. Maybe not - only you really know - but if you did know that YOU are the sick individual in this matter.

And yes, you should expect hostility if you call the police on kids who left their bikes in your driveway.

I do believe doing things like calling the police/child protective services for relatively minor issues, is a very aggressive act and people use it as a substitute for violence.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Such a rush to blame Karen...tsk tsk tsk. Again, two sides.

Lorincz also claimed that Owens previously ripped a 'metal no trespassing sign' out of the ground and threw it at her, but no arrests were ever made.

Police records show that authorities have been called at least six times since 2021 in relation to Lorincz and Owens.

In February 2022 and April 2023, Lorincz complained that Owens' dog was on her property and accused Owens of opening her mailbox – though no mail was missing

When speaking to officers after her arrest, Lorincz claimed that Owens screamed: 'I'm going to f***ing kill you!'.

She said she 'banged on the door so hard everything started shaking and she thought the door was going to come off.'

Lorincz then 'panicked' and thought: 'Oh my god she's really going to kill me this time', before fetching her firearm from a trashcan in her bedroom.

The police report states that Lorincz also claims that Owens said: 'You don't talk to my sons, I'm going to f***ing kill you!'

Lorincz said that she fired the Remington 380 gun from her kitchen and admitted to owning a 22 Ruger – claiming she only purchased the gun 'for protection after an altercation' with Owens.

She told cops that she felt like she was in 'mortal danger' and was 'fearful for her life', before claiming she 'never intended to hit the victim' and she 'hit really high'.

The shooter - Manslaughter. Should not have fired unless the door was open.
The dead mom - She made a choice. A bad one for her kids. Keeping it real doesn't always end well.

I also read a 'neighbor' say she had waived a gun at one time? Really? Then WHY WERE THE COPS NOT CALLED?????

I feel bad for the kids. I do. But this is a case of adults not acting like adults and now two lives are ruined.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

Let's dissect your story a little bit. First, you think kids should be hit if they leave their bike somewhere they shouldn't.
That speaks volumes about your personality and how you treat kids.

Just wondering if you have kids and if you do, how did they turn out?

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This statement....

And yes, you should expect hostility if you call the police on kids who left their bikes in your driveway.

Expect hostility?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join