It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young man couldn't withdraw his own money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This young silver stacker wanted to withdraw cash from the bank. Last time he tried it he managed to get a few shekels of his own money, but this time it looks like things have got tougher, as they subject him to an interview, multiple questions, one of which is "Has someone told you your money isn't safe in the bank" He took a cam in, in the interview he teller said that they would have to call the police to make sure he wasn't being scammed. It looks like the only scammer is the bank trying to stop him from getting his own money out. This is steadily getting worse check this out>

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's clear that your money isn't yours. About six years ago I had to get a similar amount out in order to buy a car. Private sale.
They asked me slyly what make it was and other things but I got the money.
I agree that you should be able to get any amount out at any time, without having to explain yourself.
I also hate the words they use "protect you", as uf a bank wants to protect people.
Nice try but we all know that the real reason is the made up, nonexistent money the banks just make up and if everyone would want their money, banks just don't have it.

Why not be honest? All those bs reasons they give are lies.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Not wanting to protect the Banks in any way as one scr3w3d me over but that was employment, not financial.

Cashiers are trained and indeed have regular training on scam behaviour.

Sadly, you'd be surprised how many times some low lifes try and steal from the elderly or vulnerable.

Very much like the Tech Scammers trying to get punters to but loads of gift cards.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

This guy wasn't elderly. And I worked for a bank myself and was trained incredibly well, but not giving someone their money because they so love 'people who all need protecting, because they are too stupid', is a kind of scam.
Tell the vulnerable about scams, make them sign something, but unless they are incredibly old and confused, it's their money.
You can't hold it back.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I went into the Barclays and lifted £1700 yesterday without a hitch.

Very surprised the cashier asked those kinds of questions.

His money all the same, the smart man would simply have said go get the police, ile have a cup of coffee while I'm waiting please, and then filmed them when they arrived.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
There are regulations on deposits and withdrawals of 'large' amounts of cash.
Allegedly due to money laundering, proceeds of crime, scamming etc.

I've had issues before when trying to both deposit and withdraw relatively 'large' amounts.

I have a friend who had nearly £45,000 in old twenties - not strictly illegally earned, just he didn't want the tax man to find out about it - he stupidly took them all to the bank to exchange for the new twenties. The bank alerted the police and my friend had to prove to them how he had got them.
Could have been quite costly.
Fortunately they did not inform HMRC.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

My aunt, who is a university lecturer, gave her daughter £120,000 towards her new house a few years back now.

They had to go into the bank and jump through a few hoops, and sign a few things, in order for the transaction to proceed, no cash involved mind you, just a mere account transfer.

They needed to check that it was not the proceeds of crime or laundering monies like you suggest.
edit on 1-6-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I've been hearing stories of people not able to withdraw money from their bank or the bank zeroing out their account. This video which starts out with a local news station doing a story on it with several testimonials and then a discussion on ways to take precautions with your money.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I use a credit union and have never had an issue.

Many years ago my brother needed to borrow some money, a few hundred dollars for something or other.

He asked me and I agreed, but I couldn't get to the credit union until the next day.
He went and tried to withdraw money posing as me, and they didn't fall for it. When I went in the next day to withdraw the same amount they were suspicious, but allowed me to get my money.

The worst thing they've done to me over the years is follow the rules- last time I went to buy a truck, we had agreed on 15k.
I had that 15k in cash, but since I had been withdrawing it from ATM machines for the past year it was all in 20's
I stopped by my credit union to exchange them for larger bills as a courtesy to the seller... what I mistake.

They made me deposit the 15k, then withdraw it. At that amount I had to fill out paperwork to withdraw the money.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It's all the prying that gets to me. it's nobodies business but yours, why you want cash or what you want to spend it on.

Not only did the 'cashier' treatment of the guy leave him feeling as a criminal just for wanting his own money, the prying and nature of that prying was patronising and demeaning.

When she asked him to be honest, he could have tried a more direct approach and told her straight, 'it's my money, I want it today and my reasons have nothing to do with anyone else.'

I think this all about the phasing out of cash altogether. In a town near me, there is no longer any bank at all. No bank cash machines, just the small withdrawal ones you find in shops. There is a 'normal' cash machine at Tesco (there were two, one only since lockdown). Last week, Tesco stopped cash back services at their tills. I'm not sure if this is true for all branches or just this one. Certainly, at another town in the area, there are 4 banks and I don't know if it is possible to get cash-back on their branch of Tesco.

My surmise is some towns have been singled out for reducing how people access cash, driving them to use tracked and recorded transaction methods only. Incremental capture of all financial transaction intelligence to control the flow of money and every aspect of the 'market'. Free market economy? What a joke.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

THIS

In my copy of the Holy Bible, usury is a crime against humanity.
#TaxationIsTheft , #BanksterClassBurns , #CurrencyIsEnergy... blah blah blah

Also, in the States, the invaders have been employed by the Regime to collect stuff via military grade weapons.
"The money isn't yours. The air isn't yours. Your bodies aren't yours.", they bark.

Freaking bank bail-ins are the worst.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There are two things going on here...

Fraud People really have no idea how much fraud banks deal with on a daily basis. There are scammers of all kinds constantly trying to get YOUR money out of the bank. Some of these fraudsters are very sophisticated. Also, in today's age trying to withdraw large sums of cash is an immediate red flag. For the most part, the only people who need large sums of cash are rappers filming rap videos with strippers, drug dealers, or other scammers. Most legitimate business is done with wire transfers.

Fractional Banking Bank branches do not keep a huge amount of cash on hand. This means you cannot just walk into a bank and demand a huge amount of cash withdrawal. Remembers, banks lend deposits out to in the form of loans and investments. So no, the bank doesn't have your $100k in cash or whatever sitting in a corner with your name on it. You can withdraw your cash but typically if the amount is more than a certain amount, they bank will need prior notice to get it ready. However, you can do wire transfers immediately.

The Wire was the greatest TV ever. It reminds me of a scene where Prop Joe is schooling a young drug dealer Marlo on banking. Marlo had millions in cash stuffed in mattresses and didn't understand or trust banks. Prop Joe is explaining how he can setup an overseas bank account to keep his money safe.

edit on 1-6-2023 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I get alerts about that sort of thing regularly--even though I'm not elderly just yet.

Hundreds, even hundreds of thousands of people are scammed yearly by fraudulent scams. Home repair scams. Financial scams--almost too many to name.

If it sounds wrong, odds are good that it is wrong somehow.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I had to settle the family estate. Had to take out $5,000 a day for a while. The bank wasn't happy and caused some issues but I refused to answer their questions. I have a hidden safe at home along with the rest of the family. It never went back to the bank.

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I 'bank' with my local 'building society' in the UK, exactly same financial services as a bank but it's owned mutually by account holders, not share holders.

I pay everything in cash, and last week I needed £9500 to pay someone.
At the desk, the assistant asked me why I needed cash not a transfer etc. I laughed and explained that the person I'm paying this to is giving me a massive discount for using cash, "I couldn't give a toss if the guy isn't declaring it to 'His Majesties Revenue & Customs' I only care about paying my own taxes and getting a good bargain for things I purchase.
The assistant laughed "fair enough" and handed me four hundred and seventy five £20 notes.
I will only stop using cash if/when it actually ever becomes illegal.😱

•edit
I forgot to say, I actually tried to take the cash out the previous day, but they didn't have that much in the branch, so after 12pm the following day is their standard turn-around time.👍
edit on 1-6-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: Added more lol

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That was stupid. He should have done it piecemeal .
And i can never dream to have that much in cash in my life.
lol

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I withdrew 14,000 a while back. Just gave my bank a heads-up on it though.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozerov
Apparently, the ANZ bank in Aussie has limits on cash withdrawals. www.bitchute.com...
edit on 3-6-2023 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Just about every bank puts a limit on how much cash you can withdraw each day anonentity.

Down to the amount of fraud doing the rounds, it's a security feature to prevent thieves from cleaning out unauthorised accounts.

If you contact your bank and tell them you are coming in to withdraw a significant amount of cash.

Chances are they will endeavor to accommodate and meet your needs as long as you have the funds in your account and appropriate identification to establish the veracity of your identity.

edit on 4-6-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just about every bank puts a limit on how much cash you can withdraw each day anonentity.

Down to the amount of fraud doing the rounds, it's a security feature to prevent thieves from cleaning out unauthorised accounts.

If you contact your bank and tell them you are coming in to withdraw a significant amount of cash.

Chances are they will endeavor to accommodate and meet your needs as long as you have the funds in your account and appropriate identification to establish the veracity of your identity.

When I withdrew £9500 cash last week, I jokingly asked what the maximum is. The guy said there's no maximum, but for 'their' protection there is a 3 day turnaround for figures over £300,000, and the cash MUST be delivered to your address of choice, and by security courier.

I certainly don't see refusals of cash withdrawals in the UK when you actually have that amount in an account...they just don't like it for obvious reasons 🤣

top topics

<<   2 >>

join