It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Joining Budweiser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

But really, when we get to the heart and meat of the entire matter, it matters little in comparision with actual real world pressing issues. But you got yours so who gives a rats ass about the rest, let's get some outrage over incidentals!

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

But really, when we get to the heart and meat of the entire matter, it matters little in comparision with actual real world pressing issues. But you got yours so who gives a rats ass about the rest, let's get some outrage over incidentals!

I have no clue what you are talking about.

I explained that local dealer networks have thin margins and have to move metal fast to stay in business and any marketing campaign that does not do this is non-functional from the local dealer’s POV.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:28 AM
link   

This is what happens when you take a joke comment too seriously and get upset and start mansplaining.

The point is quickly lost.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Not sure but I would imagine big corporations either get a big tax break or incentives for advertising such as this. Or perhaps they are being punished for some unknown transgression, and this is the government's settlement offer or the good ole tried and true stock manipulation.

FAWK with this administration there is no telling...but for a corporation to sit back and watch InBev hemorrhage for a month, there is likely external motivation. Because profit-wise it makes no sense

That all said Id love the Raptor's price to drop because it lost to the gay truck. The last time I priced one out it was 65,000, it's definitely my won-the-lottery truck, cause there isn't any way I'd pay that kind of scratch, especially at my age.

Nor gonna lie rented a GMC SILVERADO and it had plenty of luxuries and niceties a joy to drive, but it was almost too much, too nice. Pretty sure I'll have to get the late 90s or early 2000s truck and have it restored to be happy, I can't stand the new trucks. Too much stuff that breaks off easily
edit on 19-5-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This is what happens when you take a joke comment too seriously and get upset and start mansplaining.

The point is quickly lost.

I don’t work in the car manufacture or sales business. I’m not upset and I didn’t see a joke you made.

I did provide useful context for everyone in the thread about how the auto industry works and why marketing & advertising for this business is fundamentally different than say movies, toothpaste ie consumer cyclical vs non-cyclical consumer products.

Local dealer networks pay for a lot of the effective advertising which is targeted at people who can “buy a car now” — not in the future, because local dealers rely on churn way more than brand equity.

The manufacturers have different incentives, especially if the rise in interest rates has made their loan department profitable again.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

LOL this is just hilarity. Almost like sales be damned we got an agenda to push. Beer and pick up trucks, the most hallowed of man things, pandering to a small minority who im guessing literally NONE of buy their products...lmao

Chevy dont fail me now bruh lolol

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

LOL this is just hilarity. Almost like sales be damned we got an agenda to push. Beer and pick up trucks, the most hallowed of man things, pandering to a small minority who im guessing literally NONE of buy their products...lmao

Chevy dont fail me now bruh lolol

New model vics are mostly garbage anyway. Learn to fix a truck and buy old models.

I’m never buying anything that doesn’t use an old fashioned key ignition.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
its expected ford doesn't have the ability to go from ice to ev its needs huge subsidies to do that.. so this is an appeal to central gov for funds or it dies as a brand.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
its expected ford doesn't have the ability to go from ice to ev its needs huge subsidies to do that.. so this is an appeal to central gov for funds or it dies as a brand.

This answer makes the most sense

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Another boycott?

Someone should market gay corn syrup, might make a large part of the population thinner once the boycott kicks in.

edit on 19-5-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   

sadly the us motor industry is where the uk's motor industry was in the 70s still thinking they where in the 60s and unable to evolve, so we're in the bail out or die phase, so this is an appeal to authority to save them..

if i took anything from the financial crisis it was just how unable western corporations where to learn and evolve and we're seeing the price now they are beholden to flat earth like political activism.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You do realize this is an old ad right? So, in 2021 it was born in response to a negative media comment. It was then made real and made its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Europe to take a run. It was used to used to further initiate important discussions and aimed at driving out discrimination in the automotive industry, then was used in the Tough Talk session hosted by Welsh rugby legend Gareth Thomas, the first openly-gay rugby union player.

I understand the new response video is meant to scare a certain segment, but it obviously didn't have much of an impact on those who are scared of such things as apparently they didn't even know it existed for two years.

Ban if you want now, but it didn't affect Ford these past two years. Kind of like everyone finding out that other beer and liquor companies have had rainbow ads or sponsorship for years. They all haven't been banned, but you can try.

I'm an apparently "woke" Ford corporate employee. Best company I have worked for, with happy, diverse, employees.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTitorSociety

These ads are for the kiddos.

Get 'em young, remember?

Future consumers!

Automotive marketing is mostly paid for by the local dealer networks and they don’t have any interest in doing anything other than moving metal.

If you can’t walk in and buy a car tomorrow, you are not part of their target audience.

The manufacturers used to make most of their profit on the auto loans until interest rates flatlined, a significant reason GM was bailed out, but theoretically they are back to making some money on the loans these days — but again, if their revenue mix is back to a significant return on loans, not a lot of zoomers qualify as they are not adults.

So none of the campaign makes sense from a marketing perspective.

If you’re trying to build brand equity with future consumers for big ticket items, using a fad in your advertising is almost certainly a terrible idea.

At best, whoever did the ad has no understanding of how vehicle brands are marketed, who markets them (both manufacturers and local dealer networks) and what the marketing goals are for this particular industry.

The most common living arrangement for young people today is living with their parents, so who says young people who are free from paying rent and utilities and have an average job won't be able to walk into a dealer and buy a $50,000+ truck; if mom and dad give the thumbs up and especially if it's a Ford-15 where it's resale value is good?

As for the rainbow colors, what's wrong with rainbows?
edit on q00000024531America/Chicago5959America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This commercial is 2 years old, but conservatives are gullible and hypersensitive so I look forward to videos of rednecks shooting their trucks.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It really isn't the same scenario because Ford isn't backing down on their mission to be inclusive, whereas wishy washy beer company didn't stand by their profit-driven ethics.
edit on q00000005531America/Chicago2626America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Article from 2021.

This gets funnier the more you dig into it.

Ford has long held a reputation for supporting inclusion and has been named one of the best companies to work for LGBTQ individuals on numerous occasions, while it also supports the expansion of legal protections to help prevent discrimination against members of that same community. So it’s not terribly surprising that after someone left a homophobic comment on social media describing a blue livery present on the Ford Ranger Raptor as “very gay,” the automaker has responded by creating a special version of the off-road pickup dubbed the #VeryGayRaptor.

originally posted by: M5xaz
That Ford ad will crush F-150 sales.
No normal heterosexual guy will now want to be seen in a F-150

LOL
edit on 19-5-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

These companies are actually being forced to do these things or else they lose ratings for investors.

They don't have a say in the matter.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I got nothing...

He said it correctly it makes no sense at all.

I would love someone to explain how this marketing makes any sense at all.

It's not marketing, it's conditioning.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
?What is next, Progressive AR15 commercials?

Don't blame me, you asked for it.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: infolurker
?What is next, Progressive AR15 commercials?

Don't blame me, you asked for it.

Where is the boycotting?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join