It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokyo hit with a 5.4 quake today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Fairly strong quake actually. Sadly, with all the heavy snow and tons of rain, it surely has to affect the weight of the ground here.
Several injured as predawn M5.2 quake rattles east Japan, Tokyo

Now this is scary. Around 3,000 elevators in Tokyo and its vicinity, including Chiba Prefecture, stopped but no one was trapped inside, Hitachi Building Systems Co., a major building facilities management company said. Work to restart the elevators had almost been completed by 11 a.m.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A strong earthquake struck the greater Tokyo region early Thursday. Local authorities say four people have been injured. There was no tsunami. Some elevators in a high-rise condominium in Tokyo were stopped for up to five hours.

A strong earthquake struck the southern part of Chiba Prefecture, east of Tokyo, at around 4:16 a.m. on Thursday.

They estimate its magnitude at 5.2 and the focus at a depth of 40 kilometers.

Tremors of upper 5 on the Japanese seismic scale from zero to 7 were recorded in Kisarazu City in the prefecture. Lower 5 jolts were logged in Kimitsu City.

I'm not that surprised given that you just had that 6 over there, but still it's good that Japanese Building codes are strict when it comes to Earthquake safety.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I actually felt this over in Fussa. I wasn’t sure if it was an earthquake or not until I checked the USGS page.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
I actually felt this over in Fussa. I wasn’t sure if it was an earthquake or not until I checked the USGS page.

If l remember right, Fussa is at Yokota Air Base.
These is a really good gyoza shop near the base.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

God bless you all with good health, and clarity of mind to always overcome such dangers.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid

God bless you all with good health, and clarity of mind to always overcome such dangers.

Thank you ATS member.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I was sleeping and didn't even notice.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I "wonder" if all these recent global Earthquakes and more specifically the ones in Japan are from the US using H.A.A.R.P technology to get countries to "fall into line" so to speak?

Japan now plans on opening a Nato post

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUBE007

I "wonder" if all these recent global Earthquakes and more specifically the ones in Japan are from the US using H.A.A.R.P technology to get countries to "fall into line" so to speak?

The earth cycles on a predictable timeline and TPTB are taking financial advantage of what nature has always done-knowing full well it has nothing to do with global warming.

Here's a video showing past climactic events, the repercussions and how the cycle is in the advanced stages of repeating itself.
Abnormal weather patterns, increased volcanic and earthquake activity are all scientifically explain.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: HUBE007

The earth cycles on a predictable timeline and TPTB are taking financial advantage of what nature has always done-knowing full well it has nothing to do with global warming.

Here's a video showing past climactic events, the repercussions and how the cycle is in the advanced stages of repeating itself.
Abnormal weather patterns, increased volcanic and earthquake activity are all scientifically explain.

Thanks for posting that video.
For real, food shortages are real. I back this up about our fishing industry here. The price of Japanese canned fish is nearly $3 bucks or more now. The tuna cans are so small, one would have to use 3 cans of tuna for a family of 5 to make sandwiches. Tough times await everyone on this Earth NOW.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, Yokota is in Fussa. Where’s the gyoza shop? I do love me some gyoza. a reply to: musicismagic

new topics

top topics

join