It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CPR Fujian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So now we have a major military projection capability from China.
This sea vessel could pack a punch.
The other two are old yet still capable.
How do others think this could affect the world stage?
IMHO not much considering they just got that capability.
The ship I am speaking of is the Fujian carrier and its "new type" of launch vehicles.
I imagine they are speaking of drones but I am no expert.

Anyways thoughts on the matter provoking or not is always good.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Re: warfare at sea, I think the next round of which will surprise people as to the capability of modern naval mines.

A lot will boil down to how effective the ECM and ECCM are for the forces involved.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Time will be the ultimate test.
We should never underestimate one but I think we are safe with this hunk around.
Give then a few years and then we will have a problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   
China might have carriers, but that doesn’t give them the ability to project power yet. It takes years to develop the doctrine and ability to use said carriers.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I don't know what "ECCM" means?
Please learn me on that so I can not he so uniformed.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Nvm I am up to speed

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
China might have carriers, but that doesn’t give them the ability to project power yet. It takes years to develop the doctrine and ability to use said carriers.

Just getting to "blue water navy" status will take them some time. And something tells me that their current leader won't want to wait that long.

And contested amphibious landings ? Yeah, that pretty much is the "PhD level" of military operations as far as complexity goes.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Just speculation here but I don't think a full navy is a top tier project.
I would look to the air.
The J-20
I'm not in the know but from what I have been told that airframe is the one to look out for.
I want to say something but I will not.
I believe China is going to overwhelming abuse the craft that will lead to repairs they GDP as of now can't afford

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   

The J-20 has encountered F-22s and F-35s, and the impression has not been overwhelming. It’s a decent platform, but it’s not the super game changer it’s made out to be, similar to the Su-57. Not to say it’s not effective, but it isn’t as good as China would have you believe.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
One VERY important thing that China does not have in comparison to The US/UK and many other western nations is real Practice from actual wars on the global stage.

Fancy drills and shiny new equipment used to bully their weaker and underequipped neighbors does not equate to over a century of actual war fighting in all parts of the world.

Yes they are a threat-but they are far from the top dog however much they shout about how this is their century..
A bigger threat at this moment is people beleving the hype,and going along with China out of irrational fear-Yes Macron I am talking about you..

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
One VERY important thing that China does not have in comparison to The US/UK and many other western nations is real Practice from actual wars on the global stage.

Fancy drills and shiny new equipment used to bully their weaker and underequipped neighbors does not equate to over a century of actual war fighting in all parts of the world.

Yes they are a threat-but they are far from the top dog however much they shout about how this is their century..
A bigger threat at this moment is people beleving the hype,and going along with China out of irrational fear-Yes Macron I am talking about you..

I got the impression Macron sold out to China ?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Yep he has recently been over there kissing ass..
He wants closer military and space ties between the EU and China,both of which IMHO are bad ideas.
Thankfully the majority of the EU disagrees with his position.

Not sure if he believes the BS China are trying by attemting to look like global peacemakers,or if he is just a really nasty guy who wishes to sell out his country to a vile regime.
Could be both.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Yep he has recently been over there kissing ass..
He wants closer military and space ties between the EU and China,both of which IMHO are bad ideas.
Thankfully the majority of the EU disagrees with his position.

Not sure if he believes the BS China are trying by attemting to look like global peacemakers,or if he is just a really nasty guy who wishes to sell out his country to a vile regime.
Could be both.

I think sometimes what we see here on TV is not what the world news actually lets loose. Of course, if you have access to Japanese TV other then NHK, one sees how the leaders are leaning toward a Singapore life style. It's not Chinese, that would never go well, but the Singapore life style might work itself in.
There's a video about Singapore and how most people are millionaires but in reality, they can never own anything. Its interesting because on this forum, many ATS members have been repeating this... " you'll own nothing and be happy ".

Actually, that is only half the story. I see the events taking place in America with the landlords fighting the law to get back their rent free apartments due to covid. Covid ended and yet the politicians still want the tenants to get rent free.

This is new, I just found out about it today, but I recall I posted something about in my MIM's Street Talk. Like someone said, some of his stuff actually sticks.

Your bank ATM's will all have facial recognition on them. It will be tied into and international ID system eventually. People talk about a cashless society, its here already in many places.

In Japan, as I had mention, we have what we call "My Number", in a way it most likely will be tied into all bank transactions and health transactions and stuff I don't even know about yet.

So, in reality, it will come down to where the State will grant you leases on most of your possessions, like condos, apt. cars that after 10 years must be turn back to the State.

Please look at the Youtube video ( I might not find it, but It maybe on my history ), if so I'll post it.

Someone posted about one way international tickets having 6666 stamped on it. This is big State brother monitoring your travels internationally. ( also if you hadn't paid your taxes , you'll be stopped at the airport, this is already true in Japan )

Life is going to be less or actually NO FREEDOM for our kids in the future.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Add all that in your next Mims talk.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Macron is a supreme opportunist who is desperate to be remembered as a "big man". He had led France into a very hot social situation, which is saying something because there were already stresses and strains on their society.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Macron shares some of the letters of the word moron, and, indeed, within EU circles he is pretty much seen as one. He has been told to wind his neck in. He will.

top topics

join