It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa may limit gender identity, sexual orientation teachings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am actually shocked that ABC News wrote a truthful story on this without the usual spin even stating that the books to be banned are books depicting sex acts which they usually never mention. Check off another state which will protect their children and keep the activist out of at least K thorough 6th grades.

abcnews.go.com...

Iowa lawmakers have passed a sweeping education bill limiting instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation, requiring school administrators to notify parents if a student asks to use a new name or pronouns, and removing books depicting sex acts.

The Senate approved the bill Wednesday night and the House passed it Thursday, the Des Moines Register reported. It now goes to Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds for her signature.

“Parents are the ultimate decisionmakers for their children. This legislation defines parents’ rights in law, requires transparency, and sets boundaries to protect Iowa’s children from woke indoctrination,” Reynolds said in an emailed statement to the Register. “I will always fight for Iowa’s parents as they know what is best for their children.”

Instruction related to gender identity or sexual orientation is banned in kindergarten through sixth grade. That provision, along with the requirement to notify parents if a student asks the school to use new pronouns, would take effect July 1. The ban on books depicting sex acts would be effective Jan. 1.

The bill would codify that parents have the “fundamental, constitutionally protected right” to make decisions for children under the age of 18.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm glad to see laws being passed to protect our children but it's sad that it's necessary to combat the lack of common sense in so many people.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It would seem that people these days are really taking the saying "you can be anything you want to be" to a new level.

I have nothing against the queer community, hell I married my best friend.
With that said I do not agree with letting a male compete in most sports with women. It is completely unfair and disrespectful to the actual women.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

common sense in so many people.

Hmmmm... common folks is lacking common sense?
Difficult, maybe common sense is not something that remains the same, it's no argument for any thing except for one being able to addapt. It's another word for dictatorship of the masses.

Not part of the dictating masses anymore? Well, survival of the fittest or something to that extent, stay sharp...

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yeah, she will pass it for sure.
I'm confused about the effective date.
That makes no sense, it should be effective immediately.
9 more months? why?

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Great to see some common sense & decency prevailing in modern America. I hope this adds to the momentum & ensures that evermore states & regions ban those disgusting books & lessons, especially for the younger kids, the whole thing has been a literal abomination.

Nice to see especially that parents' rights are being expressly protected by this legislation - long may it continue to percolate throughout the nation as a whole, eventually perhaps leading the way in the world regarding anti-woke nonsense.

Stay free, America..!

new topics

top topics

join