It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Opinion: Absolutely Mandatory Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is a 30 minute video on the formation and stages of severe weather. It is probably the best explanation on the working of meteorology that I have seen. Zombie apocalypse, economic collapse, comet impact….severe weather is far more likely your survival encounter that you need to be prepared for in real everyday life.

Now Blackie Thomas is not everyone’s speed but is very experienced and knowledgeable. One of my favorites and the other videos in this advanced series should be watched as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Great Information and Outstanding Video, being able to read weather signs can save your life.
SnF.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Great Information and Outstanding Video, being able to read weather signs can save your life.
SnF.

Follow the animal, bird and fish life. And old American tradition. Sadly the American Indians were put in prison, commonly called " reservations".

It is NOT the material you bring with you in survival cases, it is how you use your natural surroundings to survive without modern day conveniences. I saw all this while being stationed in South East Asia years ago.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That accent is tough going. You want to know earlier so you act accordingly to weather in survival situations. It's all about conserving energy, staying warm and dry but hydrated. Prevailing winds change depending on where you live; know those patterns and watch for very high level cloud layers that result in sun dogs or rings around the moon. When wind runs counter to the prevailing winds you have a front coming from South or East usually.

Jim Duncan's Weather Wizards Cloud book explains it all very well for mid Atlantic weather but the principles will apply anywhere.
Point is if you see heavy rain coming making a shelter and staying dry is essential. Building a fire won't keep you dry so where you put your effort is what makes the difference.

Watch the sky is byword but that is not always easy particularly if you stay in the woods.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'll check this out tonight.

-----------------

ETA: Really good info on weather changes, especially if you live in a hurricane/tornado area. After years in the bush you learn to read the signs by instinct, the way the leaves turn up to accept water, the way the birds stop chirping, a sudden stillness, etc.

Great video!

edit on 4/18/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A difficult accent. In survival circumstances, you want to know early to act on weather. Conserving energy, being warm, dry, and hydrated takes priority. Know your local winds and check for high-level cloud layers that cause sun dogs or moon rings. A South or East front frequently opposes prevailing winds.

top topics

join