It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog Learned her lesson the hard way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I made myself a bowl of hot fresh rice, I added a jar of tuna that was packed in olive oil (man it’s getting $$ 9 bucks a jar!) and
Topped it off with wasabi furikake. It’s basically a seasoning that has seaweed, some spices, and of course wasabi. Most people just put a little sprinkle, but I like to drown my dish in it and it packs a punch. I love this stuff sooo much. People from Wisconsin drown their food in Ranch dressing, but I drown my food in this stuff. I was siting on the floor (Korean style) eating my lunch, when
the doorbell rang and my dog took off and I went to check it. I got a package I was waiting on for a while and was opening it when I noticed it was reallllllll quiet. You all know what that means! Be it a dog or a kid, quiet = trouble.

And trouble did find her. She ate the bowl clean… very shortly after the wasabi kicked in and she was snorting like a dang fool.
I had to laugh, that wasabi burned sooo good. She is now very mad at me and won’t look in my direction.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Goliath, my Siberian Husky, got into my spicy noodles. No wasabi, but really heavy on the crushed red pepper. He did the same thing, but damn fool, came back looking for more.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thats so funny I did the same thing with the pink salmon, I was making a little bit in a small bowl and I sprinkle mine with Carolina Reaper powder and mix it up really well. Well, I flipped about a 1/4 of a teaspoon of the salmon on the floor and before I could get a paper towel the cat gobbled it up. I felt bad this is an old cat I put down a bowl of milk and she about drank all of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We had Border Collies, high energy but very intelligent and obedient. One of them had a chewing issue. We did some research and discovered that putting hot sauce on the item, if possible, was supposedly a good deterrent. Well, we sauced it up and the darn dog loved it! She actually came over to us with her tail wagging and thanked us for the great flavor addition to the table leg and looked like she wanted more.

I always knew this particular dog was extremely intelligent. It wasn't until later that I figured out the whole thing was probably an act, reverse psychology. We punished her and she thanked us for it. That's one smart dog...

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
We had Border Collies, high energy but very intelligent and obedient. One of them had a chewing issue. We did some research and discovered that putting hot sauce on the item, if possible, was supposedly a good deterrent. Well, we sauced it up and the darn dog loved it! She actually came over to us with her tail wagging and thanked us for the great flavor addition to the table leg and looked like she wanted more.

I always knew this particular dog was extremely intelligent. It wasn't until later that I figured out the whole thing was probably an act, reverse psychology. We punished her and she thanked us for it. That's one smart dog...

I love border collies but they can be high energy and I’m not good with that.
I have a poodle mix, and this dog is more human than dog. We know she 100% understands what we are talking about.
The amount of words she understands is incredible. She is also one of the fussiest eater (this breed)
And will actually go on hunger strikes!

We borded her with our groomer and she refused to eat until the groomer made her bacon!!! Then she was happy as a clam!

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
She is now very mad at me and won’t look in my direction.

Do another bowl and put it in front of her to see if she has another munch.

Spicy can be a taste that takes a few tries to like.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My german shepard Brusier will eat anything, he don’t care. If I eat it he wants it, including apicy hot pickles, broccoli , feral cats and groundhogs, you name it he eats it.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

rofl. I don't like wasabi very much. I like my spice to have a flavour. I prefer chili peppers. wasabi I only have with sushi.

Luckily, cats, are far smarter than dogs.

He uses his nose like a champ and is like, no that's not good for me.
He prefers to steal napkins and our dinner mats, slowly slide off the edge of the table.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

rofl. yeah i dont think cats like spice. they are very discerning with their noses and hence taste buds. my cat smells everything to high heaven. he's a smelling machine. that's his hobby. more than a dog. it's like it's for pleasure.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: JAGStorm
She is now very mad at me and won’t look in my direction.

Do another bowl and put it in front of her to see if she has another munch.

Spicy can be a taste that takes a few tries to like.

Yeah, she might develop a taste for it. My pit bull likes spicy food but loves, loves, loves curry.
We just got a kangal puppy who is disgusting... our ducks abandoned a batch of eggs under a building last summer and she's been crawling under, munching them up. It stinks up the whole yard. I hope there aren't many left. We've been thinking of using really hot peppers to keep her out of the garbage and hopefully she doesn't like it.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Had a great cat with her own plan.
Want's you up to get her canned food. You're all "the sun isn't up yet" you can wait.
Oh REALLY?
She would find something on the dresser an start shoving it towards the edge. No problem, you weren't really attached to the item. Moving along she'd up her game by going after something expensive or a heirloom item.
Slowly stare at you & sending the item closer an closer to it's final resting place in smithereens on the wood floor.

BLACKMAIL!!!!
Who does this?? Feline Cartel Cats? If it hadn't been so funny my cat was blackmailing me at 3am She'd of ended up as crate-cat while the dogs snickered at her.
Obviously she got whatever she wanted so I could go back to sleep. Hopefully.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My late cat would have probably eaten the dish in the OP and loved it. I know he loved my homemade Chex Mix. We'd fill up on it, then I would lay down on the couch to take a nap, then he would lay on me and take a nap. Great cat, and I miss him. He was a good companion and he really loved sleeping:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Be careful with the spicy stuff, they can't really process it.

My dog once ate a cooked jalapeno that someone dropped out of mexican food and ended up with pancreatitis. Not trying to scare anyone, I'm sure they're fine, but watch for weird behavior.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I did it to myself.

I was out to lunch once and had an Alaskan roll (salmon with avocado). Well, I saw a green glob out of the corner of my eye and thought it had to be a chunk of avocado that dropped out of my roll. Without thinking, I grabbed it with my chopsticks and popped it into my mouth. Whoops! It was actually about half the glob of wasabi on the plate.

Got a good sinus cleaning.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I LOVE wasabi, and Chinese hot mustard! Now I'm hungry again, and I just finished dinner!

I bet you have some fantastic recipes, Jag. If I lived anywhere near you I'd be trying to invite myself to dinner!

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have a Belgian Mali... he LOVES both chinese hot mustard, and sriracha.

I avoid giving him that stuff, though... the dogfart aftermath can melt glass.

My wife likes to give him the stuff on the sly... it's simple revenge, and I don't blame her...

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

1973. Rock band. We all lived in one house. One of the sheperds ate an entire pound of marijuana. Came home there were like a dozen piles of puke with mounds of weed in it.

She was laying upside down staring at the ceiling alternating between growling and wimpering. Surprised she didnt die! Wouldnt eat for days, only guzzle gallons of water (cottonmouth, I guess).

Epilog: You can guess Im sure...it was the end of the 60's, roadies and groupies etc...all in the house...And YES. Some of the more addled brained roadies...spent the night...getting as much weed outta the piles of puke they could save, while the dog laid there groaning n yipping.

Thanks Jag. I forgot about that! Best

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

1973. Rock band. We all lived in one house. One of the sheperds ate an entire pound of marijuana. Came home there were like a dozen piles of puke with mounds of weed in it.

She was laying upside down staring at the ceiling alternating between growling and wimpering. Surprised she didnt die! Wouldnt eat for days, only guzzle gallons of water (cottonmouth, I guess).

Epilog: You can guess Im sure...it was the end of the 60's, roadies and groupies etc...all in the house...And YES. Some of the more addled brained roadies...spent the night...getting as much weed outta the piles of puke they could save, while the dog laid there groaning n yipping.

Thanks Jag. I forgot about that! Best

Yeah... I cannot even imagine my Belgian with a case of the munchies.

That would be as terrifying as "Cocaine Bear"...
edit on 22-3-2023 by madmac5150 because: Werds

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Belgian

My old neighbor had a Belgian and that bark was something to behold…The loudness and strength of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I have my own wasabi story... May sound cruel but he learnt .. my dog was stealing food from the bench and table... Couldn't get him to stop doing it
So one day I hollowed out a sausage filled it with wasabi.. of course he was there. Left it on the table...don't touch this.. he knew what I said and meant and left the room . Of course he grabbed it and tried to eat it .. the shock as the wasabi hit him
He spat it out and drank water.... But came back to have another go at it 😂 and another .. then he barks at the sausage puzzled as to why he gets stung trying to eat it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join