It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetc pole moving faster after hiatus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It looks like it is game on again, the pole stopped walked back, and stopped a few weeks back, and now it's back on track heading faster to the probable flip point. The narrator notices that the coldest regions will be where it stops, is it a coincidence or not, because if it stops in Siberia, then most of Russia might end up arctic, which if known by the kremlin would be one of the reasons that they are interested in more southerly latitudes. Which gives the geopolitical moves more sense. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Latitude and Longitude are oriented around the Geographic (Celestial) Pole.
There would be no changes in magnetic pole shift.

a reply to: anonentity

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
It is nothing to do with the geographical pole.
The magnetic pole is anywhere your compass points.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
That's what charlyv said.

Your OP is confusing. You write that since the magnetic pole seems to come to rest in colder region, you then conclude if it's stopping in Siberia, Russia will be arctic. T

Maybe you can explain your thoughts here better, because as it stands, it looks like you are the one confused about the two things, magnetic and geographic pole. The poles are colder because they receive less radiation from the sun, not because the magnetic poles are near.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

That's the point for some strange hitherto not understood reason . as he pointed out the magnetic poles seem to be the colder focal areas. Not the geographic poles. If the field gets weaker, more radiation gets through, hence warming in some areas along with more clouds and water vapour.. Water is paramagnetic, so a stronger field at the dipoles might attract more water with the colder water vapor.?.Who really knows but if his theory of a flip is accurate we will soon find out.

edit on 18-3-2023 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If the field gets weaker, more radiation gets through, hence warming in some areas along with more clouds and water vapour..

The magnetic field lines at the magnetic poles are not the reason for the (spin axis) poles being cooler. It's the geographical location. You mix up two things here, or it's the person from the video.

I will explain like I did to my daughter: The reason why we have dusk and dawn is the same reason we have ice on the pole caps. If you shine a flashlight on a sphere or like a soccer ball, you will notice that the center (equator) is lit up the most and the further out you get, the more light passes by and refracted, some reflected. The difference between the dusk and dawn regions and the poles is that Earth is permanently spinning on it's axis.

But the poles stay put and never get the amount of light the temporary dusk and dawn areas will get. The magnetic poles do not play a major role, if any, when it comes to temperatures at the pole. And even if they would, you would get the opposite effect. Radiation passes through better in the pole regions, so your/videos theory about former magnetic pole regions getting warmer because of more radiation passing, is faulty too.

And in your answer to charlyv, you wrote the opposite, you wrote that if the magnetic pole stops in Siberia, it's getting colder there and that may be the reason for the Russians current geopolitical agenda.

Let me inform you that Siberia is already one of the coldest regions on Earth. The Russians could not care less about that, probably. Provided your / the videos theory is true, and it isn't from what you conveyed from it.
edit on 18.3.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I think it is more complicated than that, ocean currents and wind patterns for example. Like why was Alaska relatively ice-free during the last glaciation? Western Europe on the same latitude as nova scotia. warmed by the gulf stream with a totally different weather pattern.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

And how will the magnetic pole affect that? I still don't understand what your theory is. Might be me though, it's late and setting my sails for bed.

I will read it again tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I thought we made the point clear, but I do not know why he is suggesting a magnetic derived latitude/longitude bearing can cause changes in how a spin axis latitude/longitude is presented. They are mutually exclusive. Go figure.

top topics

join