It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizard God 'Morrop' in Peru???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   

two pics of a statue found in Peru (and one of the Gorn from 'Star Trek')
described as an Iguana god named 'Morrop'

anyone ever heard of this? I can't find much info. I can't help but wonder if this is something modern.
sure looks like what a Reptilian should look like

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I haven't been able to pin down the year it was created, but there are references back to 2019 of an artist designing the statue to honor ancestral beliefs.

It's kind of creepy.....

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Weird..I just saw this on a random YouTube recommendation about lizard people. I thought it looked modern as well. Don’t have anything else to add except that’s some weird synchronicity right there.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That was one of my favorite episodes. I remember Captain Kirk fighting Gorn, and things weren't looking so good for James Tiberius Kirk. That is until Kirk found some coal, some sulfur and something like potassium perchlorate (maybe guano?). He also found some diamonds for the projectile, if I remember correctly, and fashioned a little canon. That did the trick. Great episode. I was young and that reptilian scared the crap out of me!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   

i live in the country and never heard of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   
here is a translation for you gringos
:

Morrop - The Iguana man, god of death Located in Paseo Yortuque - Chiclayo, a city located in northwestern Peru. It is a statue inspired by the iconography and ceramics of the Sipan standards that represents the god Morrop, part of the mythology of the Mochica culture (100 BC - 700 AD). Morrop, the iguana god, according to the Mochicas appeared 1 to 2 times a year, he entered this world through a dimensional portal. According to the offerings and/or sacrifices made to it gave them knowledge and technology in agriculture, engineering, etc.

The Mochicas also considered the "Iguana Man" as a powerful character who helped to descend to the deceased and to be the mediator between the world of the living and the dead. Iguanas are considered beings with special characteristics: due to their ability to live underground, they were considered the contact between the world of the living and that of the dead or ancestors.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Here's a bit more interesting info in this 3 min video:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

"Lizzid people!"

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I haven't been able to pin down the year it was created, but there are references back to 2019 of an artist designing the statue to honor ancestral beliefs.

It's kind of creepy.....

I was thinking that I would have heard of this long ago if it were ancient

good video Encia

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Makes me happy that I pulled out the little Kerotine horn that was growing on my head and had the doctor freeze off the one on my back.

I didn't want to be called a unicorn and have to wear a warlock hat to cover the horn.

I don't think I look like a croc even though I am full of croc.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That's pretty cool looking

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't know how to linkety link here, but there is an article from 2017 from a website UFOholic or something like that about it. Pretty damn cool statue. For the life of me I cannot tell what it's holding and another curious thing is the bird on his head. Not sure if it's supposed to be a real bird or part of his headgear decor.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Didn't James T. Kirk fight that thing back in the day?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

top topics

join