It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed Sheeran is not man enough to go up against a man , though Adele

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Man this is a new low, there’s a tv show one of those who is the better talent.

On strayan tv tonight. We have red Sheeran v Adele!!

What the hell, why not put him up against Kurt Cobain, elvis, Johnny cash, George Harrison.

A bloke. Some one comparable.

Kind of a weird comparison

edit on 12-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Ed Sheeran is in no way comparable to any of those people you just mentioned.

I'd rather he was compared to Adele, at least then it's between two crap musicians with a moronic fanbase.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ah the cries of jealousy of towards those who have achieved…. Any excuse to insult is enough for some. Ed Sheeran and Adele understand they need to write music for an audience that still buys music and is t stuck thinking people from 30+ years ago are the best there was. You’ve allowed so many kurt conbains to pass by unnoticed- that isn’t Adele or Ed’s fault now is it?

a reply to: Grenade

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Some folks here have TDS, some seem to give Ed Sheeran a place to live in their head.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by Grenade removed for a manners violation)
(post by Grenade removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

Cheers for proving my point about Ed Sheeran fans.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I insulted him because of the garbage he produces and the symbology he surrounds himself with.

Kurt Cobain, Elvis, Johnny cash and George Harrison are all from various different generations, rendering your point moot.

I like lots of modern music from various genres, simply not stuff aimed at 10 year olds.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Surely it would be SDS? Did you just invoke trump in a thread that has nothing to do with him and then claim we have TDS? Oh the irony.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Thought I’d bless the thread with some real music.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I insulted him because of the garbage he produces and the symbology he surrounds himself with.

Kurt Cobain, Elvis, Johnny cash and George Harrison are all from various different generations, rendering your point moot.

I like lots of modern music from various genres, simply not stuff aimed at 10 year olds.

Elvis ?

The man who never wrote one single song.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It takes a big leap in my mind to compare Elvis to Ed Sheeran. Maybe didn’t write his own songs but I’d rather that than having the writing ability of a 10 year old.

“When I was six years old, I broke my leg
I was running from my brother and his friends
And tasted the sweet perfume of the mountain grass I rolled down”

Sounds like a first grader English project as a second language.

Both cultural icons. One culture is that of a clown world woke BS and the other is a unique mix of genres of a talented performer.

Ed Sheeran doesn’t write his own songs, he lets his toddlers do it.

edit on 12/3/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Love Acca Dacca, what a great Aussie band. INXS were so cool, Michael had talent and could write.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The difference being Elvis had real presence, watching Aloha from Hawaii, elvis was cool, he had a multinational band, which was progressive.

Ed Sherman’s lyrics sound do contrived, like lies. For someone who is 32 he has had ten times more life experience than a 80 year old.

I think Ed’s just a good fiction writer.
edit on 12-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I love Ed Sheeran's music! I could sing and dance through my entire day listening! And Adele? She's going to be around for decades to come. Power singer. I cannot compare either to my favorites from days past, I enjoy new and older jams.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Boy I touched a nerve! My point remains, you’ve just given hate towards artists because they have a platform. They are not taking away from Kurt.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Surely it would be SDS? Did you just invoke trump in a thread that has nothing to do with him and then claim we have TDS? Oh the irony.
No, I didn’t.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Come back when you’ve grown up. I don’t have a problem with any of the other bands mentioned despite them being famous and successful with a platform. The vast majority of Ed Sheeran and Adele fans are teenagers, there’s a reason for that. Just because I don’t like music aimed at teenage girls, doesn’t mean I’m jealous.

You enjoy Ed Sheeran, good for you. I don’t, deal with it.
edit on 16/3/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueBaby

Each to their own. I can’t make it through a single song of either artist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join