It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the food shortages.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It looks like Britain is now getting hammered with growing food shortages, the sixth richest country in the world , has now a problem feeding 18% of its population, and that's not mentioning the heating problem, it appears that the States has the same growing problem. A flight crew was arrested for trying to import illegal onions into the Philippines. As the Clown world continues, the pubs are closing down fast and Mc Donalds is moving into them and getting ready to supply beyond meat. The growing problem of food security continues. They are after small farmers because they do not comply with regulations.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I said it early on:

It won't matter if you have money if there's nothing to buy with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Get ready for WEF to swoop in and save you with bugs.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Current avian flu going around and the commercial egg crisis in the USA doesnt bode well either

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

As long as there are deer, elk and the wide variety of edible treats, the prepared will continue to eat which, if the conspiracy is correct, will lead to the opposite of what "they" want.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

As long as there are deer, elk and the wide variety of edible treats, the prepared will continue to eat which, if the conspiracy is correct, will lead to the opposite of what "they" want.

Have you read about the ongoing spread of prions in Deer and Elk populations? That may affect that option.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

I am really considering "breeding bugs"

Earthworms, mealworms specifically. Maybe crickets. They make good chicken feed.

Along with growing duckweed for the same purpose.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If crap hits the fan, nothing on 4 legs will be left alive in a matter of weeks.... including most cats and dogs.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tebus

Shhhh, that's fine. I'll pull an Alex Jones and eat my neighbor's a$$

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just 1 dominoe

1 match.

Its eerie how close we are.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Where are all the people accusing those who saw this coming of histrionics?

There was a semi that wrecked near here and ended up on its side, loosing the entire load....of EGGS. The picture on the news was enough to make a person cry....

Tebus:

Current avian flu going around and the commercial egg crisis in the USA doesnt bode well either

I thought this was interesting to note:

edit on 400000099America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   
me, i'm looking forward to the sweets, like crunchy frog, cockroach clusters, cricket skittles, caterpillar pudding, black widow leg pie.
man i can't wait.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It looks like Britain is now getting hammered with growing food shortages, the sixth richest country in the world , has now a problem feeding 18% of its population, and that's not mentioning the heating problem, it appears that the States has the same growing problem.

Have you tried giving $100's of billions to the Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

me, i'm looking forward to the sweets, like crunchy frog, cockroach clusters, cricket skittles, caterpillar pudding, black widow leg pie.
man i can't wait.

Gimme the Wrens Livers, Oscelot Spleens and Wolf-Nibble-Chips any day.
edit on 2/3/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Earthworms, mealworms specifically. Maybe crickets. They make good chicken feed.

Soon they will say you can't own chickens because it's "too risky" because of bird flu.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I said it early on:

It won't matter if you have money if there's nothing to buy with it.

You and I both said that 2 years ago. It is for real. And I offered to mail seeds to you guys if needed. We have plenty of seeds available for 1 buck a pack.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   

For some reason I think that 'they' would try to make hunting and fishing illegal or extremely taxed at that point.

Or

Another scenario that comes to mind, a lot of people will have the same mindset and not only over farm everything but probably kill each other in the process. People will do some crazy $#@ @#$% when they're starving to death. Even eat each other.

Hunger will do terrible things to a person's psyche

sorry- had to add. In a bad case food shortage scenario is what I was getting at.
edit on CST1103bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Mar 2023 22:11:33 -060013 by Timber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If crap hits the fan, nothing on 4 legs will be left alive in a matter of weeks.... including most cats and dogs.

Well, you know in asia we do eat snakes.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

We are on the same page. All edible by humans and chickens.

Duckweed is very nutritious plant that also provides protein and can grow in still water. Prevents mosquitos. Can be grown almost anywhere, like a bucket, with sunlight and temps above 70F. Sterilize it and put it in your freshwater fish aquarium to grow and multiply.

Put worms in a clean environment like a clean jar with clean grass clippings and leave for several hours in a cool dark place. They will be ready to rinse and fry up. Haven't done it but I've read they taste like jerky. Hmmm

Mealworms are easy. I grow them and use them for chicken treats. They can be fried, or dried and made into flour. Many many people eat mealworms regularly. I'm not opposed to it but I uhh, I'm uhh....waiting for the uh right time. Yeah, that's it.

JK, I haven't eaten them but I wouldn't hesitate to if that's what's for dinner. Or if I traveled internationally and it was an offered dish, I'd eat them. They aren't gross to me. Neither are earthworms. I'd have a harder time eating crickets or scorpions or spiders. Too many legs lol.

edit on 5631202300000031bThu, 02 Mar 2023 22:24:56 -06002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tebus

Have you read about the ongoing spread of prions in Deer and Elk populations? That may affect that option.

At this point, I'd read into those reports as being overhyped in order to prevent people from feeding themselves. We had a few hard winters and our deer population is just recovering here and they look healthy. I doubt many of them even carry it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join