It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockdowns could have left children with life-long immunity problems experts say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

As the long-awaited Covid inquiry begins, some scientific experts fear that lockdown could have left children with life-long immunity problem

Professor Tracy Hussell, a director at the Lydia Becker Institute for Immunology and Inflammation, told The Mail on Sunday that lockdowns, which were necessary to prevent the spread of Covid, may have had unintended consequences for children’s developing immune systems which could affect them for some time to come.

It is well known that when Covid hit the UK, children avoided the gauntlet of common childhood illnesses. School closures, social-distancing and mask-wearing meant those infections didn’t have the usual chances to spread.

But as a result, children’s immune systems haven’t developed to fight them. In fact, the immunity of the entire population has waned.

Now, with society largely back to normal, those illnesses have returned – and there is a much bigger pool of susceptible people they can infect. This is what scientists refer to as the ‘immunity gap’.

Most experts say that next winter, once these viruses have spread through the population again, allowing immune systems to recognise the bugs and fight them off more effectively, we’ll see smaller, more normal waves of infection.

But Prof Hussell says it is possible that, for some children, it may take longer to catch up. Being infected with viruses in early life, and being vaccinated, can be ‘an education’ for the immune system, she says.

Without either – or both, as we know childhood vaccination rates fell sharply during the pandemic – children may not only continue to pick up these bugs but become sicker from them because the immune system over-reacts when it encounters them.

Prof Hussell says: ‘The very early years are important for setting your immune system. These are shaped by the pollutants, bugs and viruses we encounter

‘If you encounter very little to trouble that immune system – as happened to children during the Covid pandemic – it ends up being rather naive, and may over-react when it comes into contact with a bug or virus later on.

Lockdowns were indeed very damaging and catastrophic for the health and well-being of citizens regardless of their age. Not coming into contact with viruses, bacteria, pollutants, etc, results in rather naive immune systems and the combination of often mental and physical inactivity resulted weakened defences for a large part of the population.

What Professor Hussel says can be extended to adults who may have not come into contact for a large period time with the usual viruses, bacteria, and everything else we encounter on a seasonal basis. Immune systems become naive and need to be trained again.

Where I will disagree with Professor Hussel is on her statement that lockdowns were necessary to prevent the spread of the virus. They didn't prevent the spread of the virus just as the crippled mRNA products couldn't prevent the spread of the virus. In a few words the lockdowns have been catastrophic. Partly responsible for a good number of excess non Covid deaths that we see pretty much everywhere in the world.

From an older thread of mine

www.theguardian.com...

Britain got it wrong on Covid: long lockdown did more harm than good, says scientist

Professor Mark Woodhouse

"We did serious harm to our children and young adults who were robbed of their education, jobs and normal existence, as well as suffering damage to their future prospects, while they were left to inherit a record-breaking mountain of public debt,” he argues. “All this to protect the NHS from a disease that is a far, far greater threat to the elderly, frail and infirm than to the young and healthy.

“We were mesmerised by the once-in-a-century scale of the emergency and succeeded only in making a crisis even worse. In short, we panicked. This was an epidemic crying out for a precision public health approach and it got the opposite"

Rather than imposing blanket lockdowns across the nation, the government should have adopted measures designed to make contacts safe, Woolhouse maintains. “You can see from the UK data that people were reducing their contacts with each other as cases rose and before lockdown was imposed. That, coupled with Covid-safe measures, such as masks and testing, would have been sufficient to control spread.”

edit on 12-2-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
at some point i hope to see something that simply doesn't fit our reality...

at that point I'll know we'll have hit peak covid..

kinda concerning we've not hit that point yet, but then I was going to school with thalidomide kids in the 70s even though it had been withdrawn by then.. so time between the 2 points could be a decade..

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The fact people are STILL hiding in their houses and wearing masks while ALONE in their cars shows the effects on mental health are far worse than anything that has occurred in history.

The immune system issues are the tip of the iceberg but should be noted along with everything else.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Are they really?

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Yes. Lockdowns do indeed explain excess mortality deaths.

As I keep telling you.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

As I keep telling you.

Yes, are know that lockdowns have been very damaging. And so do all other measures including mass vaccinations.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Are they really?

They are here in canada. The damage is done. I know a couple who are washed their groceries on getting home, still wearing masks all the time.

It's really sad.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Saying kids have lost immunity seems like a great cover to explain their increasing death rates from being vaccinated.

Makes as much sense as saying eating eggs and using sugar substitutes explains the increase in heart attacks among young, healthy people who have been vaccinated.

As long as they keep piling on reasons for why the death rate keeps rising people will continue living in denial of the obvious.

Survival of the fittest, eh? The new super race, brought to you by Pfizer, sponsored by Gates.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

As I keep telling you.

Yes, are know that lockdowns have been very damaging. And so do all other measures including mass vaccinations.

Exactly, it isn't an either or situation. Lockdowns did horrific damage physically and psychologically but knowing there were officially accepted vaccine injuries or deaths means it's probably just the tip of the iceberg. How many victims had doctors that refused to even contemplate vaccines as cause for fear of losing their licenses, or not having time to do the reporting paperwork, refusing to report because it's time paid for, or hadn't done any further research beyond the propaganda? Hard to get a conclusive diagnosis when doctors live in fear. The numbers could be all over the place.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Many infectious disease doctors, general practitioners and nurses pointed out this very same issue. Of course TPTB clipped their wings, and sealed their mouths.

I worked for four years with medically fragile children. I was exposed to everything under the sun, even some stuff that they said they could not identify. I thank God for that time with those children because it provided me with an strong immune system. I think it may have spread to my Mother as well. She lives with me and is almost 90 years old. Strong as an ox. I can't remember the last time she had so much as a cold, and she had her first and last flu shot around 1976.

Anything that nature creates, nature also provides a solution for. Man made stuff may take a bit longer, but nature has the inside information and develops a solution that covers all the angles. Man's solutions focuses on the immediate, with no regard to the long term outcomes and impairments down the road and over time.

Vaccines can be very beneficial when produced correctly and with the proper amount of time. Fast tracked, vaccines against a novel virus is not wise, and downright dangerous. Most people knew that, that is why they had to force some many to take it, under duress and through fear and punishment.

Folks should be held accountable, and they should be removed from public office at the least.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

As I keep telling you.

There is far more evidence that the jabs are causing excess mortality than the lockdowns.

Of course, jab supporters will continue to deny reality and embracing ignorance.

As for the lockdowns causing problems with the immune systems of kids, sure it did, and adults too, but it is a temporary phenomenon - unless they continue to lockdown.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Saying kids have lost immunity seems like a great cover to explain their increasing death rates from being vaccinated.

Makes as much sense as saying eating eggs and using sugar substitutes explains the increase in heart attacks among young, healthy people who have been vaccinated.

As long as they keep piling on reasons for why the death rate keeps rising people will continue living in denial of the obvious.

Survival of the fittest, eh? The new super race, brought to you by Pfizer, sponsored by Gates.

Actually lockdowns is one of the major for the large number of non Covid excess deaths that are seen pretty much everywhere in the world. But it is not the only one. Mass vaccinations is another major cause for these deaths.

Now the dilemma for the usual suspects online and offline is whether to blame one of the two or none of them. It's obvious they can't say none of them are responsible and are very unlikely to admit vaccines could be one of the causes.

So they will stick with their vaccine apologetics and will admit that lockdowns are partly responsible for this amount of excess non Covid deaths.

Those who were lockdown advocates are now having a nightmare and those who are vaccine apologists will try to blame lockdowns and everything else, even the orbital speed of earth, for these deaths.

It's just comedy gold!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

As I keep telling you.

There is far more evidence that the jabs are causing excess mortality than the lockdowns.

Of course, jab supporters will continue to deny reality and embracing ignorance.

As for the lockdowns causing problems with the immune systems of kids, sure it did, and adults too, but it is a temporary phenomenon - unless they continue to lockdown.

The member you replied to is engaging in vaccine apologetics and can only accept lockdowns as potential causes of excess non Covid deaths.

You are using the phrase jab supporters but it's mainly vaccine apologists as they don't just give support to the vaccines but are actively trying to dismiss the harms and deaths caused by these products or calling them 'rare' effects before gaslighting everyone else and those who have been harmed.

That's what happens when one has been invested in official narratives and the pursuing of the greater good through the politicalisation of science and medicine. Usually people who are over 50 or even 60 and have been leftwing idealists a few decades ago.
edit on 12-2-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

Are they really?

They are here in canada. The damage is done. I know a couple who are washed their groceries on getting home, still wearing masks all the time.

It's really sad.

The usual paranoia when it comes to the virus. Wearing masks all the time and especially cheap masks that could cause much more harm than do anything good.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Lockdowns explain excess deaths? Are you kidding me?

Lockdowns were temporary, and more damaging to the mental health than the physical health. You stay inside for a few months, with an hours exercise a day and suddenly you are susceptible to death? How on earth do prisons cope?

You can’t explain away excess mortality by using lockdowns.

It can be explained by looking at recent injections put in peoples bodies.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Compliant
Lockdowns explain excess deaths? Are you kidding me?

Lockdowns were temporary, and more damaging to the mental health than the physical health. You stay inside for a few months, with an hours exercise a day and suddenly you are susceptible to death? How on earth do prisons cope?

You can’t explain away excess mortality by using lockdowns.

It can be explained by looking at recent injections put in peoples bodies.

Lockdowns could explain some of the excess non Covid deaths but definitely not all of them.

Lengthy lockdowns are known to impact society and valuable services quite a lot.

new topics

top topics

join