It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was published by Newsweek? Wow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives

As a medical student and researcher, I staunchly supported the efforts of the public health authorities when it came to COVID-19. I believed that the authorities responded to the largest public health crisis of our lives with compassion, diligence, and scientific expertise. I was with them when they called for lockdowns, vaccines, and boosters.

I was wrong. We in the scientific community were wrong. And it cost lives.

I can see now that the scientific community from the CDC to the WHO to the FDA and their representatives, repeatedly overstated the evidence and misled the public about its own views and policies, including on natural vs. artificial immunity, school closures and disease transmission, aerosol spread, mask mandates, and vaccine effectiveness and safety, especially among the young. All of these were scientific mistakes at the time, not in hindsight. Amazingly, some of these obfuscations continue to the present day.

[...]

This guy lays out, in no uncertain terms, how much fail was in the covid response around the world. Very good opinion piece.

edit on 31-1-2023 by MaxxAction because: (no reason given)

Posting work written by others
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Tue Jan 31 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: TRIMMED QUOTE

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeah they come out with now that the cow is out of the barn door and the damage is done. We won’t forget their part in this by any means!!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They're gonna try to sweep it under the rug by saying, sorry our bad. Not gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's nice that the skeptics among us have and are being validated, my my shaky faith in the medical community is forever broken.

I have no plans of every taking another vaccine, and will use a high level of caution for any medications doctors try to push.

Once you betray a trust it's very hard to regain it again, if not impossible. Our gov and the medical field have done nothing in my lifetime to regain my trust; quite the opposite.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I agree this deserves discussion: I posted this thread and source just a few hours ago...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I must suggest you go there to contribute.

A note for MaxxAction: Please curb your quotes.
edit on 1/31/2023 by Maxmars because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

I was with the first lockdown of 2 weeks, I think most of us were.
The extended lockdowns and forced employer vaccine requirements were really unnecessary and
All about control and nothing else.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"When former President Trump pointed out the downsides of intervention, he was dismissed publicly as a buffoon. And when Dr. Antony Fauci opposed Trump and became the hero of the public health community, we gave him our support to do and say what he wanted, even when he was wrong."

President Trump was right all along, and they were wrong.
My husband always says that if the virus had not come along with all that bs, we would still have our President Trump.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's like a child attempting to let you know it acknowledges 50 percent of their wrong doing in hopes you won't pay attention to the other 50 percent being left our. Not slick nor good enough.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Duplicate

Closed

new topics

top topics

join