It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Either Keep Getting Your Booster Shots Or Admit You Were Wrong

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Very different definitions. The CDC has changed the definition without consulting anyone. I would thought that scientific and medical definitions don't change very easily and you really need a bulk of evidence to make some changes and modifications.

But we all know who is behind these changes. The same forces that have been convicted and paid billions of dollars in criminal fines for fraud, deception, and harming individuals with their products.

As I said in an earlier post Merriam-Webster updated their definition to be more accurate as to what a vaccine actually does. Something is fishy with your quotes in the old Merriam-Webster definition didn't have this...

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

It had this....

"vaccine" was "a preparation of killed microorganisms, living attenuated organisms, or living fully virulent organisms that is administered to produce or artificially increase immunity to a particular disease."

The phrase "by injection" and "produce immunity" were not in the old version. The other interesting part that I have said many times is there are more vaccines that do not give total immunity than do. Some don't stop you from getting it or dying at an almost 100%, but only delay the virus until you can get the full treatment like we see with the Rabies vaccine that you need to get 3 shots over 6 weeks and it just slows the virus down a little to get the treatment.

We also have the "Seasonal Flu Vaccines" that we call Flu shots, but they been called vaccines for many decades now... Why is that?

Don't trust an Instagram post that is liked 27,000 times is the moral of this story...

edit on 5-2-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

Putting "Covid" as a contributing cause of death on a death certificate was a "get out of malpractice allegations free" card.

I don't think that is really the case here. We all read how hospitals were getting "paid" more to say a person died of COVID and in the end that was 100% incorrect. Hospitals were getting paid to provide treatment, but there was no COVID code to generate more money. It was just more people seriously sick that needed more care to include a ventilator.

Also, what you suggest would be localized and we are talking about the whole world, so how does your statement apply to the whole world? It doesn't and there were a good number of countries much worse off than the US who don't give a crap about malpractice allegations... People seem to just apply their logic to America's situation and the world is much different.

Whether it makes up part of a vaccine or not, MRNA is highly experimental.

1000s of drugs are what you might suggest experimental, but we never used that term before with them... Also, mRNA testing started in the late 80s and first human testing was in 2013, so just how long do we suggest experimental here? The term "experimental" here is used more as a slur than anything else.

edit on 5-2-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Do you believe it's down to 'herd immunity'?

If so, I'd love to see any link you can provide that says that variants disappear because of 'herd immunity'.

Because as yet I have failed to find any.

You all dragged me into this discussion, so I'm asking you...

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Global average IFR = 0.15%
Wow, first time seeing this...thank you for the presenting it...

See also from my post above how the argument about herd immunity via vaccinations has been debunked long time ago.

And yet, you fail to see that this argument against herd immunity rests only on the basis of IFR estimates, something which is widely variable, and which experts do not, and will not, agree on.

Nor will they ever even intend to agree on a single value, because trying to reduce the array of potential outcomes of the disease to a single number, for all demographics, all strains, and all environments, is a nonsense.

It was one of the narratives. Mass vaccinations will stop the spread and give us herd immunity. Protecting granny on the way...

But you are implying that the IFR for 'granny' will be 0.15%?

According to the CDC page on Estimated COVID-19 Burden, the IFR for those 65+ in the USA is 3.922%.

So why do you persist in using an inapplicable IFR?

I wonder how many vaccines exist for all other human coronaviruses? Rhetorical question.

Non-rhetorical answer:

There is a vaccine against MERS currently undergoing phase 1 test. The WHO also have a blueprint for at least two different types of human MERS vaccine to be developed.

Also, there's this: Experimental vaccine protects against multiple coronaviruses

There are not any other life threatening coronaviruses other than 'big three' of SARS, MERS and SARS-Cov-2, at the moment, so there is no impetus to develop vaccines against low-impact coronaviruses. Doing so would be creating something with risks attached to it, to fight against variants with almost no risk at all.

No it doesn't. It is just your misguided interpretation.

There are no other vaccines for human coronaviruses.

January 27, 2022
Kevin Kavanagh, MD

Those Who Believe in Herd Immunity Cannot Do the Math.

COVID-19 mutations are evading our immunity and at the same time our immunity is waning. Herd immunity to disease and the eradication of SARS-CoV-2 is no longer possible.

The developer of the AstraZeneca shot says the Delta variant has made herd immunity impossible because vaccinated people can still transmit the virus

Prof Devi Sridhar is chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh

Herd immunity now seems impossible. Welcome to the age of Covid reinfection

The virus is now embedded in our world. But there are steps we can take to keep it at bay while we continue to live our lives

So the herd immunity argument is debunked

Are you aware that repetition of previous posts, that also were neither explicatory, nor a rebuttal against the specific points raised, is somewhat pointless?

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If so, I'd love to see any link you can provide that says that variants disappear because of 'herd immunity'.

You all dragged me into this discussion, so I'm asking you...

I didn't drag anyone into anything...

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I didn't drag anyone into anything...

Herd immunity wasn't my post, so what is it that you want to know?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   

So you don't believe that variants die out because of herd immunity then.
Or that new variants arise because of herd immunity either.

I get it now......I think.

So how does a variant become the dominate variant? Where did Alpha go, why do we not see all variants spreading at the same rate, so that you might have Delta, your neighbor has Alpha, and your kids have Omicron?

Alpha, Beta, Gamma are no longer detected, Delta extremely low detection now... Where did they go?

Go online and find out if you want to know.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You and couple of others say herd immunity does not exist or something like that, and so I asked you where did all those variants go?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Why don't you ask google where they went?

And I haven't said herd immunity does not exist.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You and couple of others say herd immunity does not exist or something like that, and so I asked you where did all those variants go?

When are you getting your next booster?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Trying for 90, they are free...

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Why don't you ask google where they went?

And I haven't said herd immunity does not exist.

You asked me this...

So, what was it that you were looking for from me? I just asked you where did the variants go as it seems you know.
edit on 6-2-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Trying for 90, they are free...

It's actually the point of the thread. So you are getting it then?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It was an answer to what you posted:

So how does a variant become the dominate variant? Where did Alpha go, why do we not see all variants spreading at the same rate, so that you might have Delta, your neighbor has Alpha, and your kids have Omicron?

Alpha, Beta, Gamma are no longer detected, Delta extremely low detection now... Where did they go?

I looked online for the answer......you could do the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I looked online for the answer......you could do the same.

Thanks, then say... hey good question and so I looked online for it...

I already knew the answer so I guess we are both good now...

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There is no point to your thread. We all take meds based on need and risk of the meds to the risk of the illness. ALL meds are like this, so the COVID vaccine is not different. Some need the booster while most do not. If a variant comes along and starts kicking everyone's butt then I will get a booster for it, right now there is no need for Omicron.

edit on 6-2-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Chr0naut asked basically the same questions on page 11.

Where is the alpha strain now? Why is the alpha strain now extinct? Could it be that there are now no more hosts who can carry and transmit the strain? Isn't that the operation of herd immunity, which you are denying is happening? What other reason would a successfully infectious viral strain go extinct for?

That was 4 days ago and that's when I started searching online for answers.....

edit on 6-2-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There is no point to your thread. We all take meds based on need and risk of the meds to the risk of the illness. ALL meds are like this, so the COVID vaccine is not different. Some need the booster while most do not. If a variant comes along and starts kicking everyone's butt then I will get a booster for it, right now there is no need for Omicron.

Ok, so you admit you were wrong then. You are now considered to be unvaccinated.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ok, so you admit you were wrong then. You are now considered to be unvaccinated.

Wrong about what? Wrong I got the initial vaccine, nope still good there, I didn't get the omicron booster since I already got omicron virus, was over it in 2 days.

I'm just not understanding your right or wrong question here. I was right in both my decisions to get it and not to get it, so how is that for an answer?

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I didn't provide my own definition of what a vaccine is. But we all know that the definition of the vaccine had to change so that the mRNA products can be regarded as vaccines. That's wicked....

I put this in the bucket of who give a crap... I don't... "we all" is a small group you are a part of without spending 3 mins to actually look it up to see if an Instagram was true or not. You all just go REEeee on it and label it as fact. I asked you to provide information as to what you are talking about, and you can't because your level of knowledge on all this comes from a totally incorrect Instagram...geez

This is what the Instagram said

"Vaccine used to be defined as a substances that provides 'immunity' to a specific disease," reads the text of an Instagram post shared Nov. 4. "Now, Merriam Webster has literally changed the definition of 'vaccine' and removed the 'immunity' portion in order to possibly cover for the fact that the COVID 'vaccines' don't actually provide immunity from COVID."

According to an archived version of the Merriam-Webster dictionary's website...

It said a

"vaccine" was "a preparation of killed microorganisms, living attenuated organisms, or living fully virulent organisms that is administered to produce or artificially increase immunity to a particular disease."

The new definition published in May that is driving you and others crazy.

"a preparation that is administered – as by injection – to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease."

So, the BIG change...lol Was the change from "increase immunity" to "stimulate the body's immune response" which they say is a more accurate wording since

the definition (of) immune response provides a detailed description of how a vaccine actually works and is therefore more specific, scientific and complete than the more general term immunity,"

Repetition is very good for learning.

Really, the educator now... I think it is because that is the limit to your knowledge, and you really can't go much past your key phrases in depth as I did above.

Old definition

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

New definition

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

As you can see the definition has changed so to include the new mRNA products that wouldn't be regarded as vaccines with the old definition.

Scientific and medical definitions don't change because the CDC and other organizations want to. They change when evidence is brought forward and it is a lengthy process.

In terms of knowledge and limitations. The number of statements and claims made in a series of threads show precisely who has limited knowledge. When members here go about herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2, claiming that the Cambrian Explosion disproves evolution, claiming that Covid-19 has come from SARS-CoV-2 and they are both virus.... Or claiming that the Spanish Flu lasted for a decade and ended because of the vaccines....

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join