It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI Lots of Seeds are already selling out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: JAGStorm

Where are you buying seeds from? PM me if you want, but I live here in the PNW and except for a couple of varieties, haven' that any issues getting what I want.

Just a quick example

www.harrisseeds.com...
www.harrisseeds.com...
www.burpee.com... oducts

I was also looking for an heirloom pickling cucumber and it was sold out. I was looking for a specific tomato seed called Dester (absolutely delicious but a fussy fussy plant)
& a few Asian greens. I took a risk and bought some on Amazon.

Something else I've noticed is that some places are either long sold out or not even offering the variety they did in the past. I purchased organics here in the past, where is everything?
parkseed.com...

www.jungseed.com...

It's not just online, in our garden store (not big box) they reduced their seed section and even though it's a full aisle, it's just repeats of the same stuff.
The thing is, the typical "spring fever" buying frenzie hasn't really even STARTED and some stuff is sold out already!

edit on 17-1-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It's been some years, but I have bought from these places:
www.totallytomato.com...
www.johnnyseeds.com...
www.edenbrothers.com...
territorialseed.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I get most of mine through:
Pinetree Garden Seeds
True Leaf Market Seeds

There are a few varieties that are out, but I didn't have any issues.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

It's been some years, but I have bought from these places:
www.totallytomato.com...
www.johnnyseeds.com...
www.edenbrothers.com...
territorialseed.com...

I’ve spent a lot at Johnny & Eden.

Be very careful with Eden last year they got 100% of my large order wrong. Literally sent me all the wrong items.
They did admit their mistake and said it was some kind of supplier issue, which I thought was a cop out.
Funny enough they resent me items, and again were mistakes but I was done dealing with them.

I’ll check out the other two places! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder! I just went online to a local nursery and they have the seeds I'm interested in. I'll stop by tomorrow. My big challenge is discouraging the deer population from grazing their way through my back yard twice a day. They eat absolutely everything!

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Thanks for the reminder! I just went online to a local nursery and they have the seeds I'm interested in. I'll stop by tomorrow. My big challenge is discouraging the deer population from grazing their way through my back yard twice a day. They eat absolutely everything!

8ft double fencing.

Some areas absolutely can’t grow without them.
I do have a lot of deer but I have this gigantic apple tree that every other year has thousands and thousands of apples and they only go to that tree and leave everything else alone.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Seeds donated by the county for our huge community garden and plenty left over for individual gardens of the residents.
Built a nice greenhouse this fall, that is producing like crazy as we speak using the Kratky and DWC methods.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I appreciate the heads up about Eden.
Not a good way to run a business, and I agree that supplier story is pretty darn lame.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I found this on how to grow a good crop of cucumbers Many times if I like a cucumber from the supermarket, I germinate the seeds, but never got a crop like this method.So will try this next.
Bananas have a growth hormone in them and you can germinate apple orange etc if you shove the seed into a banana and plant it.
edit on 17-1-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thank you! I personally dont like cucumbers or pickles but a family member requested them so I’m growing them!

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I started tomato seeds inside. They did so well I wound up giving seedlings away.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
I started tomato seeds inside. They did so well I wound up giving seedlings away.

I'm normally VERY generous with my seeds, plants, tubers..
But in these times I'm going to be more conservative. We may need to trade these things in the very near future the way things are going.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join