It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says It Shot Down a UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Posted the day before that article was written...

Guide for Russian partisans:
- Buy big balloons,
- Buy helium
- Under the cover of night, launch helium balloons into the sky
- Watch as Russian stock of air defense missiles slowly dries up

mobile.twitter.com...

I'm gonna go with ballons; maybe a weather balloon.

I'm also going with this!

Thanks for sharing it! Most probable explanation yet!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wouldn’t take the balloon route…….imo…it’s something else, but what it is ….is up in the air for me.

👽
edit on 7-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: NormalGuyCrazyWorld
Thanks for posting the vid!

Very interesting... that thing sure was bright.

Are we sure it wasn't just a rocket that was shot down? 🤔

If it’s a rocket…….I suspect it’s the A$$ end we are seeing…

👽

Yes. Actually it's a solid fuel exhaust plume sticking out the back end of the rocket. Modern solid rocket fuels usually mix in a little powdered Aluminum with the oxidizer (usually Ammonium Perchlorate) to increase the performance. When the Aluminum burns, it forms Aluminum oxide, which is a solid, not a gas. When it first comes out of the rocket nozzle, the temperature of those solids can be around 6,000 degrees F. It's a ball of incandescent particles radiating in all directions, so it appears spherical. After the particles move a small distance away from the nozzle, they have cooled enough to no longer be incandescent and they simply become a smoke trail.

If you ever look at a video of the Space Shuttle taking off, you will see the solid rocket boosters belching out mass quantities of smoke trails which hang around until the wind blows them away. The central thrusters on the Space Shuttle were Liquid Oxygen-Liquid Hydrogen fueled and when they burned, the exhaust was almost invisible because the combustion product is just water vapor.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

originally posted by: ElGoobero
"Ukraine war? Um...oh, look, a UFO!"

What? Pretty sure most folks here have been fascinated with UFOs lonnnnggg before the Ukraine debacle.

Ukraine is "known".

UFOs are "unknown", which makes it way more interesting, imo.

...which is why I suggested it's a distraction.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It was a light in the sky at night. UFO? Yeah, OK. If you say so.

UFO = unidentified flying object

So yeah, it was a UFO. Logic says so until it's identified.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Let's don't forget the old favorite "swamp gas." It could have been that, too.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Oh yes...the old faithful "swamp gas" routine!

How original!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

It was a light in the sky at night. UFO? Yeah, OK. If you say so.

UFO = unidentified flying object

So yeah, it was a UFO. Logic says so until it's identified.

Check. But it's still pedantic. You've also got to be pretty paranoid to shoot at an unidentified light in the sky. The "nocturnal light," which this clearly is, represents the very bottom of the Hynek Scale. It is unworthy of note, a mere distraction, nothing to get excited about. IOW, it's boring. Give us something of substance to discuss.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

How original!

Ha ha! I can't take credit for it. I just heard it a lot when I was growing up.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Maybe we are going through some kind of UFO flap?

Biden recently ordered an investigation into UFOs, which might be connected.

🛸👽

It could be true, Biden couldn’t order toast for breakfast.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah but it's an UFO nonetheless and not a pedantic one. It checks the clear cut definition of an UFO. No matter if Hynek Scale degrades it to a low level.

It's a UFO by definition.

You've also got to be pretty paranoid to shoot at an unidentified light in the sky.

Happens all over the world, this behavior is not exclusive to Russian military.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

How original!

Ha ha! I can't take credit for it. I just heard it a lot when I was growing up.

In case you were curious...here is it's origin...

A rash of UFO sightings across Michigan in the mid-1960s launched investigations by the highest levels of the U.S. government. What was happening in the skies? Collections at the Bentley document several aspects of these widespread close encounters. Was it spaceships or swamp gas? The answer may depend on whose papers you peruse.

Swamp gas

We all heard it growing up!

edit on 7-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Upon further review…….

From the angle of the vid taken…..and this zoomed in….it appears that the target remains spherical/circular on it’s decent after being hit.

IF it were a balloon….after being hit it should have been deflated loosing its spherical/circular shape immediately….…imo.

I still don’t know what it is, perhaps a rocket as mentioned…..I still don’t think it’s a balloon.

Since I can’t, nor anyone else can’t, identify solidly what it is……..UFO is apropos……at least for now

👽

edit on 7-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Weather Balloon??

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

a reply to: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

Couldn’t find it at the source mentioned…..”The channel Ostorozhna, Novosti (Caution, News) ”….but found this instead….by Mick West Twitter post that has the video embedded

twitter.com...

👽

Looks like they intercepted a rocket.
edit on 7-1-2023 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Without seeing a video my first thought was a drone or a ballon with lights.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeriouslyDeep
Without seeing a video my first thought was a drone or a ballon with lights.

Now…..what’s your second thought

👽

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
Yeah but it's an UFO nonetheless and not a pedantic one. It checks the clear cut definition of an UFO. No matter if Hynek Scale degrades it to a low level.

It's a UFO by definition.

Yes, yes. That has been acknowledged. It's a UFO by definition. Your insistence on pedantry is also noted. Let's put it another way, using popular parlance: A "light in the sky" is a Nothing Burger. If you insist on reveling in Nothing Burgers, you are missing the point and destined to waving your hands at airliner landing lights, satellites, and meteors for the rest of your life. To me that is simply duller than dirt.

Moving on to "Swamp Gas," that is an unfortunate terms Hynek was saddled with, though he took it with good humor and even collected cartoons depicting swamp gas that he hung up in his office. The issue was a UFO "flap" that I believe was in Michigan. There had been several sightings, ONE of which was over a swampy area. Hynek rather off-handedly remarked it might be swamp gas, and once said, he couldn't take it back.

"Swamp Gas" has become a meme, so much so that skeptics use it along with an eye-roll to dismiss all sightings because pointing it out is somehow supposed to prove that you're not taken in by such silliness. IMO both "lights in the sky" and "Swamp gas" ought to be retired from the UFO/UAP lexicon altogether as useless diversions that detract from a serious study of the issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Let's put it another way, using popular parlance: A "light in the sky" is a Nothing Burger. If you insist on reveling in Nothing Burgers, you are missing the point and destined to waving your hands at airliner landing lights, satellites, and meteors for the rest of your life. To me that is simply duller than dirt.

Ah, here you go with things your biased subconscious tells you about me. I just pointed out to you that it's indeed a UFO but didn't accept your attempt at blurring the definition that followed. I never alleged it's anything more than an unidentified object. I never said it's a spaceship or interdimensional being or whatever. It's YOU who thinks that, because of your bias.

I am not "waving my hands at airliner landing lights blablabla". It's not like I have been jumping guns on UFO before. But I challenge you to find such a post. Other than that, my point stands, your personal definition of UFO, no matter how hard you try, is not shared by most.

Detach yourself from the thought that I want this to be a space ship/whatever. Maybe that helps you understand and helps you stay away from your insistence on pedantry how a light in the sky is always a nothing burger.

...meteors for the rest of your life. To me that is simply duller than dirt.

I consider YOU a dull person currently btw for not seeing this, it's really the other way around than you think it is.
edit on 7.1.2023 by TDDAgain because: hopefully now I got it all in order

edit on 7.1.2023 by TDDAgain because: nope, this time

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Miserable party-pooper Mick West declares it a "UFO"!!!

If the tabloids publish that as a major headline, perhaps, for the first time in history, Mr West would actually crack a smile...

"This is not a smile, dude - just a trick of the light."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join