It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Energies Emergency Turn Heat to 60 due to Pipeline Failure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Pipeline rupture, major compressors down, power outages, treater facilities down, well heads freezing up. Theres plenty that can go wrong to disrupt gas flow.

edit on 24-12-2022 by FormerlyChucks because: Changed freeing to freezing

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I am not against the poor whom are being herded as useful proxy's by this plan or whose natural migration fleeing poverty is being used by them, either way the same they are still our brothers in Christ even if they were not baptized and follow heathen practice and we must remember OUR Lord was a refugee himself who took shelter from persecution and death in Egypt though not an economic migrant he never worshipped mammon of course.

There are many factors, microplastics mimic oestrogen among other things in men and they actually harm woman as well.

In developed nations good people created water supply's to feed and help us with sanity but bad people have also been able to use them to disperse things that should not be in the water to us often without our knowing and of course birth control and cosmetics have not left the water table but have mounted up in it and affect the gender development of children and young adults as well as damaging fertility.

From the 1980's onward what in the UK we call E numbers started to be included in food's, these were chemicals substituted for real ingredients, flavour enhancers etc, this was not simply governments bowing to corporate greed but there was I believe an ulterior motive for much of this.

Our people are under siege, our enemy's have poisoned our water and food, our children are fewer than they should be and have ever been before, our politicians no longer talk about investing in our young and caring for our elderly, instead they talk about bringing in foreign labour to fill labour shortages, our old being a burden to the state etc.

Athetos was chosen by the heart of which I speak and so I believe you know what I mean, Good Success to you brother if you know what I mean but it is not the only site of martyr souls as there are many in all the orthodox places and many unorthodox ones as well.

edit on 24-12-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Don't you know it's a 'climate emergency '?
You have used all your carbon credits for this decade.
Just a warm up act(boom boom) to get you used to the coming years.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FormerlyChucks

50-80-year-old pipelines, to say nothing of the 50-80-year-old power plants utilizing the gas to run generation. That will really keep you up at night, especially the ones with control systems unable to be secured in any fashion...or ones that were set up wrong from the get-go that can't be secured.

We had a few plants in the Carolinas switch from coal to running combined cycle setups. Luckily we have three nuclear facilities and enough coal plants online that we're less concerned about capacity than some of the lines being down due to the storms.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There's a weird pattern the last couple years to make the Holidays into misery. Almost on purpose. Always some big drama at just the perfect time to wreck Peoples' thoughts. ☠️

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
People keep their heat above 60?

You rich wankers... we keep ours set to 60, and turn it up to 62 from 6am to 7am on a schedule (since we generally wake up around 7)

I don't think this is "odd" though- if there's a gas pressure problem it makes sense.

Down in the "big city" here in Maine, usually the first time we see a cold snap like this, everyone cranks their heat up- and we see a pressure drop in the natural gas lines.
When the pressure drops, some of the pilot lights go out- and hundreds of people suddenly lose their heat.
Since most people are just too dumb or unwilling to think, they wind up calling out the HVAC guys.

I lost my "in" on the HVAC circuit a few years back so I can't confirm, but I'd wager that right now every HVAC tech anywhere near the city (where nat gas is used) is driving around lighting pilot lights.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Wow Wisconsin! So Prarie Du Sac or Salk City. I used to work up thar and do the canoe portage to the Mississippi river. It was wonderful.

Wisconsin State Pie Chip Throw

Other than letting a personal buster fly here we go:

Natural gas explained

My guess is that either a pump or compressor went down or was sabotage. They are located out among hills, forests and can be accessed by any one seeking to do no good. You cant hear them as they are well insulated. I noticed that the company didn't say much as if the latter happened they don't want more copy cats. I am just surmising

Natural gas explained Natural gas pipelines Basics +Menu The U.S. natural gas pipeline network is a highly integrated network that moves natural gas throughout the continental United States. The pipeline network has about 3 million miles of mainline and other pipelines that link natural gas production areas and storage facilities with consumers. In 2021, this natural gas transportation network delivered about 27.6 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas to about 77.7 million consumers. What makes up this transportation network? Transporting natural gas from production areas to consumers involves a series of steps that are generally carried out in the following order: Gathering systems, primarily made up of small-diameter, low-pressure pipelines, move raw natural gas from the wellhead to a natural gas processing plant or to an interconnection with a larger mainline pipeline. Natural gas processing plants separate hydrocarbon gas liquids, nonhydrocarbon gases, and water from the natural gas before the natural gas is delivered into a mainline transmission system. Wide-diameter, high-pressure interstate transmission pipelines that cross state boundaries and intrastate transmission pipelines that operate within state boundaries transport natural gas from the producing and processing areas to storage facilities and distribution centers. Compressor stations (or pumping stations) on the pipeline network keep the natural gas flowing forward through the pipeline system.

edit on 24-12-2022 by Waterglass because: edit

So enjoy some cheese on this Christmas eve as Wisconsin has the best. Also has the best Hefeweizen German Wheat Beer in downtown Milwaukee as I am an expert on taste and flavor and color. It looks like orange juice but towards the brown spectrum. My most excellent experience was at an Italian restaurant in Germany and our waitress was born in Poland. I knocked off 15 super sized Hefeweizen.

The 15 Best Places for Wheat Beer in Milwaukee

edit on 24-12-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 24-12-2022 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Howbout Sabotage !!

📐

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Going Green" sure is wonderful, isn't it!

I wonder how many have to die before this energy blunder will be corrected?

"I WILL end fossil fuels..." - Joe Biden

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: Creep Thumper

and yet we sent a bunch of money to Ukraine

Because the people in power want to destroy this country.

Anyway, the gas is back on now.
edit on 12/24/2022 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Weihenstephaner.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why the heck do people keep their heat so damn high? Seriously, I've got a cheap programmable thermostat. I run at 60-61 most of the time. I run it at 63 for a couple hours in the morning when I first get up and get my kids to school. Daytime it sits at 60.

I live in Maine, not in the willy wags mind you but still out there a bit. Single digit nights are the norm in winter wth last year seeing lots and lots of subzero temps. I can't even imagine how much gas or oil I'd be using if I kept the heat at 65+. Do people in other states not know how to wear a hoodie or sweater, close the windows and doors, and maybe even put on some socks in the house? If I kept my house as warm as these folks are doing in the winter then I'd be wearing shorts inside and going topless often.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaineLakes
Why the heck do people keep their heat so damn high? Seriously, I've got a cheap programmable thermostat. I run at 60-61 most of the time. I run it at 63 for a couple hours in the morning when I first get up and get my kids to school. Daytime it sits at 60.

I live in Maine, not in the willy wags mind you but still out there a bit. Single digit nights are the norm in winter wth last year seeing lots and lots of subzero temps. I can't even imagine how much gas or oil I'd be using if I kept the heat at 65+. Do people in other states not know how to wear a hoodie or sweater, close the windows and doors, and maybe even put on some socks in the house? If I kept my house as warm as these folks are doing in the winter then I'd be wearing shorts inside and going topless often.

I agree the temps are ridiculous. I keep my place at 62°F. My sister keeps her place at 50°F because she is the working poor.

I think the temps are a reflection of privilege, the ability to afford the energy. Must be nice.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Freezing of pumps.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MaineLakes

when i as young man the company i worked for shop foreman would bitch all summer long about how hot it was.

come wintertime the bastard would go round the shop taping up every window, exhaust fans louvers, seal the back bay door after every time we had to open it, celling vents and any and every crack he could find.

fire off two big a@@ shop heaters, open the doors of three curing ovens that that were 5 foot x 5 foot and set their thermostats to 600 and heat that blanking shop to at least 120 degrees, he'd be running sweating his a@@ off lovin every minute of and and never say a word.

all the rest of us would cuss him like a dog.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I was in the Black Forest region in Rottweil Germany for a month. I stayed in a hotel in a former Nazi Gestapo officers room.

I loved the German breakfast of meats and cheese and granola and the 30 weight coffee. I was never up North. I did experience part of Oktoberfest with the om pa pa bands.

It was like a time warp. Intimidating like 1929.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

The price of natural gas is at a yearly low, so maybe its like the neighborhood gas station waiting to fill their tanks when the wholesale price bottoms out. Cold wave increases demand so they can't wait for the lower price January contract?

<< 1   >>

join