It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Students Faint and Fall Sick at Choir Practice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Here's the story from the original reporting radio station:

MUKWONAGO, Wis. — Students of Park View Middle School fell ill and fainted while rehearsing for their choir performance at Mukwonago High School, numerous sources confirmed to WTMJ on Thursday.

A group of middle school choir students suddenly displayed symptoms of illness during their practice session on Dec. 15, 2022. An email sent to families by Park View Principal Luke Spielman, which WTMJ later confirmed with the Mukwonago Police Chief, states that some of the students began to faint.

Immediately, nurses and other faculty from the Mukwonago Area School District began to help the sickly children while others offered emotional support for their classmates, many of whom were under duress.

Parents of the students who fell ill were contacted to bring their children home for the rest of the day. Everyone else was brought back to the middle school campus. Due to the stressful and traumatizing nature of the incident, Mukwonago school leaders decided to delay Park View Middle School’s concert.

Mukwonago Police Chief told WTMJ’s John Mercure that authorities were informed by a school resource officer, but police were not called back to the scene as it was handled internally by school officials. Police haven’t found any reason to believe carbon monoxide was a factor in this incident.

LINK
edit on 16-12-2022 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

That would have been me
on the way home I also vomited in the German teachers car. I didn't like her anyway...
Good times

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

What about botulinum poisoning, it's the bacteria that creates botox. it can, when ingested, partly paralyze your lungs.
it can grow in certain canned foods and especially well under oil.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Maybe those students were standing lock kneed. ThT would cause fainting. It does seem unlikely that several of them would be doing that all at once though.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
It sounds like a mass hysteria event. It's happened before, oftentimes in school events, usually affecting mostly teenage females.

Most likely, I remember a couple of mass fainting events at school where one kid would genuinely faint from being stood still too long then others would pretend to for attention.

If it had been a suspected illness, drug or poisoning they'd have been sent to hospital rather than sent home and major incident would be declared.

This is nothing but a really slow news day and journalists scraping the barrel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join