It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cambridge Dictionary updates definition of ‘woman’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Orwellian Newspeak and Huxleyian Brave New World dynamics of removing the terms "Mother and Father" from the Societal Lexicon. Pretty soon we'll just be born in test tubes and the State will oversee our evolutionary mandates. If the direction of the Simulation isn't going in a direction you approve of, now's the perfect time to unplug.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
their plan is working well....sad to see this country fall so quickly

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: azure1121

It seems all bad things come from Britain and spread throughout the globe.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
XX with a uterus and ovaries. Period.

Don't you mean: XX with a uterus, ovaries, and a period?

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I trust the definition for every plant, animal, and object will be updated to include "identifies as" as well. Gee Cambridge, you don't want to disenfranchise those people, er I mean plants/animals/things, do you?

/x sarcasm. When future historians are trying to determine when Western civilization officially fell into the Second Dark Ages, they'll be looking at this.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Genetically speaking here for us meatsack humans, just XX is the baseline. With or without any functioning goods to show for it, is the End Of The Line.

You are either XX, XY, or a variant of the two (but leaning more in one direction genetically than the other still)

XY cannot change their genetics and become XX. That is just NOT how science works, Hosses.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

At least you got the joke.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
This should only be a thing if it also defines black people as anyone who feels like it.

Exactly. Can any Progressive explain how the same principle doesn't apply in that situation? Rachel Dolezal & Shaun King want to know too!

If you, as a "Progressive," can't resolve such a dichotomy then maybe it's a "mirror, mirror on the wall" moment for you if you will but grasp it.
edit on 13-12-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am sure Bostonians are horrified.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I will keep my Oxfords and throw out the junk.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Exactly! I had to suffer for years with really bad menstrual cramps. Actually, until I went through menopause. I do not think it is fair that a "man" should just decide to be a woman without having to go through all the customary female issues i.e. pain. as in cramps, childbirth, etc. If they want to be a woman then I think they should all be required to wear that thing that simulates pain of menstrual cramps, wear it for a whole month non-stop before they can even be allowed to be considered a woman.

Wait!? what the heck did I just say? No man should ever get to be a "woman" under any circumstance!! *sigh it's crazy out there.

No bueno.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Thanks for that. I laughed.

No, people want to make gender into a "choice" because choice of sexuality and sexual expression wasn't convincing enough to satisfy their need to escape from... whatever it is they need to escape from. (Just an opinion ... no need to pillory me.)

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany
There are no such things as chicks with d***s only dudes with titts ... I identify as (one of those terms that makes my skin crawl ) ... No amount of hormones or surgeries will make a man into a woman ..... Look at what has happened to the women's rights movement .. and don't get me started on transgender athletes 🥴

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
In Australia they tried to have the word mother changed to birthing person or birthing people something ridiculous like that... We had a sane politician put a stop to it (Pauline Hanson )

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Soo in other words now by Cambridge definition a man mutilated is now a woman, and a man with a vagina is a man, great.: up:

Cambridge has turn iditot.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

In support of all women I reject this fake ass definition out of hand.

This is just another sick idea sponsored by g̶l̶o̶b̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶ class warfare.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Fo sho.

If I was a chick I would legitimately be out protesting and writing letters at what has been going on the last few years. Hell I would be doing it now no matter what. Part of the solution is first drawing attention to the problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

It is so Orwellian it makes me sick.

Oh the irony.

Orwellian is the dictionary being told what to include. You know, like you're trying to do.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

So wanting to define things based on facts and logic instead of political and social engineering is Orwellian? OK then....
Carry on doubleplus-gooding.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join