It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall of Shipping Containers at the Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's all a red herring to keep people from knowing too much about the constant streams of smuggling happening hundreds of times every day. ☠️

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: zachsquatch1
a reply to: marg6043

It's a direct result of the war on drugs.

It's literally empowering gangs, cartels, and human traffickers.
You may not admit that ending the war on drugs and allowing legal sales of most drugs, but you do need to accept that the concept empowers criminality.
Just look at what went down during prohibition.

! 100% agree with this !

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We need to accept what we are. If we can’t be them we should join them. The US and Mexico should join.

That could have been done at the end of the Mexican War. There was nothing to stop the US from annexing the whole of Mexico. (Sorry, Ukraine) It was actively discussed at the time. There were two major reasons why that didn't happen. 1.) They were a Catholic country, and 2) The Mexican states would have come in as slave states. Those two issues would have changed the balance of power too much, so it never happened.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
All I can say for sure is any wall is more effective than no wall.
Enforcing the law about not crossing in the first place would work better- the federal government has completely failed in that sense.

My thoughts exactly.

Remember this Kubiko theater last year? Migrants wear Biden T-shirts at US-Mexico border

This administration has encouraged illegal crossings and prior to that said the previous administration's Wall initiative and other immigration policies were "racist"...

The citizens are the ones who have to pay the cost for all the influx of border crossings, what does the g0v expect people to do at this point?

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

For all you self-loathing American hating citizens who support zero border security,

I support EFFECTIVE border security, which isn’t what we have.

If we follow other countries we would have armed guards.
These walls and containers are for optics and nothing else. They are NOT effective.

they are doing something as opposed to nothing. Currently, the administration is doing NOTHING.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We need to reform immigration.

Get other countries sign in on a system to share police records for easier identification. When immigrants come over they sign a paper saying that they can't get government assistance for a period of 10 years. When they pay into the system long enough they get benefit eligibility. There's plenty of good people out there will come and work hard and get ahead.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What a picture of all those shipping containers. Is that what you see? What I see is a city. I have a friend who built a very luxurious holiday villa in Cyprus with 2 shipping containers, 12 feet between them. 1 container kitchen/dinning room, the other on suite bedroom with the room between a lounge area. Clad the outsides, put a roof on and heh presto living accommodation. A lot better than a tent or living out the back of a vehicle. You see containers, I see rooms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join