It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall of Shipping Containers at the Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

SAN RAFAEL VALLEY, Arizona (AP) — Work crews have steadily erected hundreds of double-stacked shipping containers topped by razor wire along Arizona’s remote eastern boundary with Mexico in a bold show of border enforcement by Republican Gov. Doug Ducey even as he prepares to leave office.

Firstly, I think this is SILLY. YES silly, it wouldn’t take much to get over the shipping containers. I think it’s actually much easier than a concrete wall.
I can think of sooo sooo many ways to get over it’s not even funny. Don’t believe me.
Magnets that are used as climbing handles
Holes cut in the sides to climb
Cut through shipping containers enough to slip though - angle grinder anyone?
Rope ladder that hooks to other side
A ladder fashioned from wood
These are just the ones that have popped in my head. People that have nothing to lose will come up with significantly more.

I’ve said it a million times, there is ONLY one way to stop people from coming to our country. GET rid of why they want to come here.
There has been zero done in that regard.
The rich want slave labor.
The drug addicts want drugs.
People want cheap goods, labor, agriculture..

We need to accept what we are. If we can’t be them we should join them. The US and Mexico should join.

edit on 11-12-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.washingtonpost.com...

Trump’s border wall has been breached more than 3,000 times by smugglers, CBP records show

While the agency has acknowledged that smugglers are able to hack through the new barriers built by the Trump administration, the maintenance records show damage has been more widespread than previously known, pointing to the structure’s limitations as an impediment to illegal crossings.

Back to basic wall structure.

Those that know how to build a deer fence know some basics.

It has to be much taller than you think.
You have to have TWO fences. No deer want to be “trapped”.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This Arizona Sheriff says he's going to start arresting those who bring the shipping containers to the border and stack them up.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This Arizona Sheriff says he's going to start arresting those who bring the shipping containers to the border and stack them up.

I don’t live in Arizona so I can’t speak for the people there but I can guess.
They are dealing with this issue more than anyone else. I can’t imagine living on the border.
Obviously, what is being done just isn’t working.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, I am sure it will not take too much longer to make this country worse than a third world country. Allow enough criminals in through the border, along with the other country destroying tactics of our criminal government, and no one will want to live here.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Irony and hypocrisy of the federal government to mention how illegal it is to put containers there, but they (the feds) don't care about illegals being there, going through there, etc.

Lets all the drug runners, terrorists and human trafficker's in, no to anything else. Par for the course with this lawless administration. (Except for enforcing laws that help them maintain the lawlessness).

The containers being put there are intended as an insult to the current administration's lack of border concern for what is legal. I'll bet most border patrol agents think it's a statement to the administration, rather than some half baked solution.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: carewemust

I don’t live in Arizona so I can’t speak for the people there but I can guess.
They are dealing with this issue more than anyone else. I can’t imagine living on the border.
Obviously, what is being done just isn’t working.

I lived in Sierra Vista (and Fort Huachuca) and still have family and friends all around the area between Naco and Nogales, some with ranches.

They leave water and supplies around their properties, to keep the immigrants from coming inside their homes.
edit on 11-12-2022 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My posting format is messed up. Another time.
edit on 11-12-2022 by InwardDiver because: messed up post formatting

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

I’ve said it a million times, there is ONLY one way to stop people from coming to our country. GET rid of why they want to come here.
There has been zero done in that regard.
The rich want slave labor.
The drug addicts want drugs.
People want cheap goods, labor, agriculture..

How do we get rid of these reasons to come here?
edit on 11-12-2022 by InwardDiver because: why is my post looking like this? my question is after the

edit on 11-12-2022 by InwardDiver because: [ / quote ]

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've got shipping containers, you'd need a ladder or something to climb them.
Out here they're some 4 grand a pop, but I suspect that's mostly transport costs

All I can say for sure is any wall is more effective than no wall.
Enforcing the law about not crossing in the first place would work better- the federal government has completely failed in that sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Personally it’s all way to expensive and doesn’t deter anyone.

They should clear cut a 1km swath so it’s a wide open field and erect sniper guard towers all along it. Shoot to kill. Invader treated like invader. Plenty, ample and numerous legal channels to take to immigrate safety. Try and invade catch a bullet.

The human trafficking cartels are ruthless and any idiot Mexican stupid enough to put their life in the hands of the murderous cartel should be treated in kind. So stupid they should be considered dangerous.

BuT tHeY WaNt a BetTeR LiFe….please spare me.

edit on 11-12-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's akin to how the Feds-Twitter cheered the 2020 riots, but were pissed over Americans trashing their own taxpayer-supported Capitol on 1/6/2021.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yep bizarro world, you know the democrat's world, they dictate what is legal or not, what is right or now, which towns burns and who's ideologies are good.

And they are posing themselves to run America for ever one way or the other.

They need fresh meat, they need sex trafficking and drugs in our cities, they need prostitution to run the streets at night, they need illegals that have not clue of America way of life, rights or liberties, they want votes.

They want America screwed as long as they are in power, looting every penny from the tax payer.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Glad I'm old. I hate what is happening to this country. Everything is nuts, people and policies.

Can't wait for the dirt nap.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Other countries have very successful border walls. The only reason we don't is because those in power want our country to fall. Making up excuses why walls don't work is what is silly - and certainly not helping.

For all you self-loathing American hating citizens who support zero border security, congrats - it's working. Human/drug smugglers are becoming billionaires, people are sold into slavery and brought into our lands, people are dying and from fentanyl over-doses...etc - yet in the mind of a leftist keeping our border secure and our country safe is somehow "racist".

I wish people would stop calling America's border wall (what's left of it) "Trump's wall". The wall belongs to all of us.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Mexico and the US should join?

That's like asking for herpes. Mexico, no matter how you chop it up, is up to it's gills in cartel influence and corruption. To say that the US is no better, doesn't negate the fact that a union will only compound the problem.

The US needs Mexico like the desert needs sand. We can't afford the sheer amount of poverty when we can't even deal with our own!!

No, those 4 million+ that are "here" need to make a 180° and GO BACK HOME.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

For all you self-loathing American hating citizens who support zero border security,

I support EFFECTIVE border security, which isn’t what we have.

If we follow other countries we would have armed guards.
These walls and containers are for optics and nothing else. They are NOT effective.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Imagine the government forcing an easement on your property only for them to put some janky shipping containers on that have served zero purpose at all.

I mean, immanent domain should be abolished, but if they're going to take someone's property, at least don't insult the previous owner.
edit on 11-12-2022 by zachsquatch1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

In another 10 years drugs cartel and human traffickers will be running American, oops, sorry I got news, they are in charge of the government already.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's a direct result of the war on drugs.

It's literally empowering gangs, cartels, and human traffickers.
You may not admit that ending the war on drugs and allowing legal sales of most drugs, but you do need to accept that the concept empowers criminality.
Just look at what went down during prohibition.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join