It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find 1.1 million acres of dead trees in Oregon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The Anasazi were brought down within a generation by drought in the desert southwest. Droughts that last years ... decades or more ... are not uncommon relatively speaking. We just don't think so because we live such short lives when compared to geologic time.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I fell in love with the Northwest because of the abundance of beautiful trees.

I never felt more safe and secure, camping was rejuvenating and spirtually theraputic.

This is heartbreaking news.

I wish I had a solution to whatever is causing this.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

All things need some balance.

This is true, but the fact is there is as much water on the planet as there was when Noah took his boating trip. It may be polluted in areas, but nature will purify it; that's just what nature does. All we have to do is leave nature alone and let it happen.

It's when people decide they need to "help" nature out that we get these environmental disasters. Just stop hurting nature and everything will be just hunky-dory.

What we have, if indeed water is a culprit, is a change in climate caused by a continual change in weather. That isn't from Global Warming or carbon dioxide, though. Weather is driven by prevailing wind patterns. How many wind power generators do we have now? Every watt of power taken from the prevailing wind patterns is a watt of power less in the wind energy to drive the weather. Where is that tipping point? We don't know... but it is a consideration when one starts talking about droughts.

We're talking about Oregon, West Coast. I know from direct observation that there are wind farms all across the southwest and Great Plains. That has to have some effect on the prevailing wind patterns over the West Coast. I just cannot say how much.

As for CO2, there is no detriment to plant growth from excessive CO2. What doesn't get used just doesn't get used. What does get used becomes oxygen and food.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Well for starters I can point out magnetics and a furious white ball that used to be yellow.

Keep talking; I'm listening.

Furious white/yellow ball? Are you talking about ball lightning?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

N. Cali, the drought here is really really bad. I'm losing trees on my property. Shasta lake, and whiskey lake are mud puddles the Sacramento River is too low to pump water, so our canals were empty all summer. And yes it runs in cycles, and I've seen droughts and then the massive flooding after the drought, when it dumps all at once. So this too shall pass.

However, we are also bombed with chemtrails, daily. And I can't help but wonder if those chems settling over the landscape is also smothering the trees. And making our fires much more volatile.

And we have massive volcanos along the west coast. , we know we have been in a slow slip all along the cascades, these are active volcanos. MT Shasta, and MT Lassen are behind normal blow out times. So, the slow slip can cause underground water sources to change, wells dry up in areas, and heat generated by magma movement can also cause trees to die, natural gas could be the source for our massive wildfires. And we need to consider the perforated fraction zones we pour waste water poop with chems into for oil extraction or steam generation. That can't be good.

Anyway, I'm holding my breath.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

You make way too much sense!, which prolly means it can’t possibly be any of what you suggest. amiright?
Nano particulate aluminum and such released by the “contrails” can’t be bad. All life needs a certain amount of heavy metals in it’s diet. amiright?
I mean, putting fluoride in our drinking water doesn’t cause any issues so pumping high pressure sewer water laden with, who knows what else, under ground in vast quantities only helps the fresh, pure aquifers so many count on for drinking water. amiright?
As far as all those “wild” fires, like the ones that burned entire sub divisions without hurting the trees and shrubs and also all the woods around them.
And those pesky, perfectly straight line, blue and green lightning bolts said be be causing so many of them at the time. I’m glad that natural phenomena passed. amiright?

etc etc etc etc

sarc/

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: sigh……

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Chemtrails?

How about the millions of pounds that rockets dump every week with who knows what in them???

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: vonclod

All things need some balance.

This is true, but the fact is there is as much water on the planet as there was when Noah took his boating trip. It may be polluted in areas, but nature will purify it; that's just what nature does. All we have to do is leave nature alone and let it happen.

It's when people decide they need to "help" nature out that we get these environmental disasters. Just stop hurting nature and everything will be just hunky-dory.

What we have, if indeed water is a culprit, is a change in climate caused by a continual change in weather. That isn't from Global Warming or carbon dioxide, though. Weather is driven by prevailing wind patterns. How many wind power generators do we have now? Every watt of power taken from the prevailing wind patterns is a watt of power less in the wind energy to drive the weather. Where is that tipping point? We don't know... but it is a consideration when one starts talking about droughts.

We're talking about Oregon, West Coast. I know from direct observation that there are wind farms all across the southwest and Great Plains. That has to have some effect on the prevailing wind patterns over the West Coast. I just cannot say how much.

As for CO2, there is no detriment to plant growth from excessive CO2. What doesn't get used just doesn't get used. What does get used becomes oxygen and food.

TheRedneck

I am in agreement with your comments here, but need to say that I never considered what these wind farms could be doing to weather patterns. There must be enough friction from the blades to slow down the speed and force of the prevailing winds (you expressed this as watts of power). What about when they are not turning? Are they wicking moisture from the air or heat from the ground?

I have a wind speed device on my weather station, however, down here in the woods, the wind speed is reduced more than 5x what's going on above tree top level. Those turrets are way up there cutting into the wind stream, not like trees that are no taller than around 100 ft at best. This must have it's effect on weather down wind from the big wind farms.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So, you're suggesting that the massive tree die-off in OR could be related to volcanic gassing and could be an indicator of an imminent eruption?

That's an interesting and somewhat disturbing idea.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When ever you take down a forest the water table drops and it becomes desert. About 3,000 or so years ago Turkey to Egypt from Israel and Lebanon to India was all Lush thick Forrest with threes hundreds of years old.

Where are they now?

They were burned down and used and ramparts to expand Nebuchadnezzars Kingdom from the Iranian Iraqi area often just called the Kingdom of Babylon.

So is climate Change global Warming man made the answer is, Yes. Men known as globalist have been taking over the world on forest at a time until they achieve global warming that will scorch their skin so bad they dare go out a night.

edit on 12/12/2022 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

drought, invasive species, logging, pollution...not a good time to be a tree

I don't think it is drought in OR/WA. I been here for 14 years and it has never stopped raining...lol

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sorry for the late reply, I thought this would be interesting... (as like I was saying on page one)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can't recall where I read this, but, recent archaeological digs at Anasazi ruins uncovered evidence of cannibalism. It is quite possible they resorted to drastic measures before the end. [I wonder if they had any water storage at all?]

The drought during that time is also thought to have affected the people living in Central America.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Sorry, but... this is simply not true. Controlled burning of forests is a common practice, and it is even intended by nature as a means to recycle energy.

Some trees actually rely on being burned in order to have their seeds be exposed enough to germinate and sprout! Most forests, given a stable climate, will always grow back after a burn - Or even after a clearing by machines. I have seen it with my own eyes.

The creation of a desert is much more complicated than simply removing trees.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the globalists too, but... what you are proposing is absurd.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

We are in a severe drought, but with the ring of fire producing major earthquakes, and volcanos becoming more active, like Hi, I suspect there are other factors besides climate warming and drought.

I live in the Juan De fuca fracture zone. Shasta is a little to my north, Lassen is a little to my east. Lessen is the last volcano, in the cascade range, a small gap then the Sierras start. Between them is the fracture zone that pushes on S. California.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My daughter lives in eugene, her little apple orchard normally produces 200 gals of cider, this year she got 20 gals, so the drought is effecting her. Also California's rice crop is down 50%. Other crops down by 30%, I simply can't wait until the starving masses jumping the border, find out we don't have anything to feed them. Jolly good future I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

Or, it got washed clean by a massive flood. When the planets rotation gets wonky like during the 9+ Japan Quake,
which moved the island 8 feet, the entire crust jerked.
Imagine the tsunami that could roar over entire continents if the crust took a big enough jerk.
Imagine the tree loss then.
Is that why Central America seems to be more like a big weed and brush tangle with narrow trees rather than actual forest?
Much of it’s tropical right? Besides the question of drought at one time why is it so different than the tropical forests of South America? Hmmm?

There is, hotly debated evidence of just this….

The Sahara was green, probably more than once over the eons. Picture that tree loss.
They find fossilized Whales there. What about the surface glass also found there and in other deserts? It takes a LOT of heat to make glass!

Whoever cut, with fantastic precision, 1000+ ton blocks of stone and in some cases hauled them up thousands of feet on the shear slopes of mountains and elsewhere had more than bronze chisels to work with. I’ve been looking at that stuff for years and years. Long before Hancock found Netflix, that’s for sure.
Stuff changes, people AND trees come and go……everything, and I mean everything is cyclical.
Getting the gen sets on the tugs running at the right rpms for the correct cycles in AC power was a never ending chore.
What drives our entire Solar system? It ain’t Pluto!

I could go on and on and on……but, you know, academia, politics, $$$, power and ###t.

Can I please go back to 20? That was a great Summer!!!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: more rant….

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

“ Keep talking; I'm listening.

Furious white/yellow ball? Are you talking about ball lightning?

TheRedneck”

I see what you did there……ha ha.

Your wish is my command. See above.
I’m tryin real, real hard to keep it simple, I don’t feel like having my ears burn, again…..

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We are in a severe drought

No, we are not. See recent past for what a serious one looks like.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

My daughter lives in eugene, her little apple orchard normally produces 200 gals of cider, this year she got 20 gals, so the drought is effecting her. Also California's rice crop is down 50%. Other crops down by 30%, I simply can't wait until the starving masses jumping the border, find out we don't have anything to feed them. Jolly good future I'm sure.

The drought is more south I agree. Near Portland we have as much water as ever. What is a norm here is that for summer months it doesn't rain much, just the way it is, but it dumps all winter, so not sure why she got less cider.

Eugene is about 38 inches per year normal average. looking at the last 6 years it has been about 3 inches per year below average.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join