It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Iran set on fire the ancestral home of the republic's founder Ayatollah Khomeini

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: putnam6

Never in my life did I think I’d be cheering for the people of Iran.

I think the whole world is waking up and realizing people are people. Maybe our “leaders” make a country seem like this or that, but overall we all want the same things.

YES I’m super glad that nuclear ambitions are taking a back row to all of this.

I also hope someday we can cheer the North Korean people on the same way. I hope as they smuggle more and more videos from S Korea and China they realize how brainwashed they are. You know it’s pretty bad when even China has more freedoms!!

Exactly the Iranian Crisis was huge when I was a kid, it absolutely sunk Jimmy Carter's Presidency. Probably the first time I was aware of other party shenanigans was when Reagan's side negotiated them delay of releasing the hostages till after the election. Every night we had Ted Koppel and Nightline about the hostages for the whole duration. A lot of people believe this was the impetus for Ted Turner/ CNN.

Absolutely desperate times below is a video of a modified C 130 where the discarded plan was to break out the hostages and land a jet-assisted C-17 in a stadium nearby to where the hostages were located. The C 130then would have been able to take off, also jet-assisted from inside the football stadium. Can you imagine if that rescue was attempted? No doubt there would have been casualties on both sides and likely from the hostages too.

edit on 19-11-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join