It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can’t People Behave on an Airplane Anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

There seems to be an increase in tight fisted idiots not wanting to pay to sit their family together.

This is what actually made me make this thread. I saw a video several days ago in which a woman that paid extra for her window seat was asked to switch. She said no. There was backlash, but then, people are tired of this and now they are all for the woman standing her ground. She paid extra. It's not her fault that the family didn't, or they didn't plan ahead.

I personally think assigned seating for everything NO exception, NO moving period.
It wouldn't be hard to do. Movie theaters do it now and it hasn't been a problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you are so right. I was raised with good manners, no matter who...even if they are rude. Someone says hello to you ; you greet them too.

You run into someone you know and you greet each other you should also introduce them to your friends.

Riding on an airline should be a good experience; not one where people are afraid of being in a physical fight.
edit on 17-11-2022 by alexandrae because: more to say

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Why Can’t People Behave on an Airplane Anymore?

Why limit that question to one minor subset ?

Why Can’t People Behave Anymore?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its not just the heart which is showing up with micro clotting, the brains are as well. So it is inevitable that if an area of the brain is hit that exercises control gets impacted you will see more anti-social behavior. It is like a partial lobotomy and it all depends on the severity.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The human race is becoming full of violent beings that are psychotic. It is something to do with drugs, ultraMK, continual brainwashing of playing and watching violent games and movies from early years and God knows what else they are throwing at us.
The Z generation is particularly full of this.
The world is going to crap and it will get worse.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
A better question: Why can't people behave anymore? It isn't just on air planes. It's everywhere. There is no sense of respect or decorum.

Obviously it is because of the massive cognitive dissonance between what we are all told by the MSM, and what the reality actually is. Everything from 'you should be so deathly afraid of a bad cold virus' that you should be willing to triple mask up while driving alone in your car/jogging outside by yourself and destroy the world economy while you're at it, to in-your-face election fraud, the 'climate change is caused by man' big lie. and we should trust Fauci.

I have to admit, I'm about done being nice to insane people who want to convince our kids they can change from a boy to a girl at will, render them permanently infertile through both the use of hormones before they have reached sexual maturity, and worst of all, and then mutilating their bodies.

They asked for this. I'm actually surprised their haven't been any school board shootings yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I can count on one hand how much times I’ve flown on a commercial plane, but if I had to do it all the time I could really see myself inevitably having a total melt down.

It’s just an unbearable experience! It’s like cattle to the slaughter… your shoulder to shoulder with complete strangers all crammed into a tin can.

Only one time I found flying bearable was coming home from Thailand and that’s just because I was highly medicated on Valium and slept the entire time.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Cell towers send signal/ RF

Humans did not evolve with the type and frequencys there is now everywhere.

Part of human itself workd with electro

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Maybe airlines should stop treating passengers like cattle and more like valued customers.

Totally agree with that. Service and transportation venues have become completely anal lately and need to get back to the quality standards we held them to before the pandemic. This is a management issue and they must be held accountable lest we just ignore their businesses as consumers.

This will not solve the problem with assholes fighting on planes or picking fights in stores. That needs correction. Police can give them a ticket with a mandatory $1000 fine for any kind of public ruckus. Once these idiots see that happen every time they pull that crap, it will calm down, but it need enforcement with no idle threats.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People used to dress up like going to church to fly on the airlines. Now, the airlines have made it cheap enough to allow trailer trash to fly. Seriously who wears crocs, wife beaters, and no shower in public?

I love it when everyone keeps the shades pulled down, during taxi and takeoff and landing, nothing like the feeling of being in a windowless tube not having situational awareness in case something were to happen. Morons!

I despise flying airlines, after 911, it’s been nothing but a huge hassle and a waste of a full day to get anywhere. That’s why we saw a huge influx of private jets.

The TSA treats people like scum, and when people are treated that way, they get pissed off with bad attitudes, mix that with taking your shoes, belt, jacket, etc. then rushed through a cattle line, with your arms up like your some sort of convict.

Southwest is the worst for seating, first come first serve so everyone is pushing and shoving to get a window or isle seat, and on other airlines people carry so much crap they cram their luggage in the wrong bin screwing everyone else in those bins assigned to those seats.

How many classes do they have besides first class boarding now? 10? Makes no sense.

Pilots used to say good byes or greetings from the cockpit. No longer, they don’t give a crap anymore and are the first to leave the aircraft. So long cattle.

I hate flying. And I do a lot of it.

Edit to add, the new scam on Southwest Airlines is people requesting a wheel chair, they get front loaded in front of business class, them and their family members. I’ve literally saw a line of 10 wheel chairs being front loaded. I’ve seen the same people walk off the plane when it arrived at the destination. Makes my blood boil.
edit on 18-11-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: eXia7

That's what I thought. Over the years, the design of aircraft has progressively reduced the amount of personal space for passengers. In part at least, that contributes to poor behavior.

Cheers

I absolutely agree about the reduced amount of personal space may be a contributor. The last time I took a plane I sat in between two big men who decided all the armrests were for them. I not only felt like a sardine in a can, but a squished one. I vowed never to fly again, so driving or cruising it is.
edit on 18-11-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But..

But...

They're keepin' it real, didn't you know that??

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Sorry, but that's not an excuse for that sort of behavior.

Yeah, flying sucks--it sucks equally for everyone. I, personally, hate aisle seats, and a bit more legroom for me would be appreciated greatly, one of the reasons I ask for the emergency exit row...more leg room.

I, and the vast majority of travelers, deal with it. I pop out a book, and read. Or sleep.

As for interaction with airline employees? Never had a cross word with one, and I used to travel a lot. I can see, though, where some of them would be a tad bit over the top--dealing with constant rudeness would be tough for me, too...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JAGStorm

Garbage population.

I think this is too harsh. Let's blame the airline industry and their continual taking away of our comfort, space and dignity in those sardine cans. And if people can't go a few hours to a day without alcohol then look to yourself - I'd like to see no alcohol served on planes.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Too harsh? Have you looked around lately?

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: quintessentone

Too harsh? Have you looked around lately?

Yea, the new generation planes are still the sardine layout with more comfortable leather seats, still the same 'old problems. People on planes having too much alcohol and being obnoxious, to me, is harsh on everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Lucky enough to have flown from ORD to LaGuardia before 9/11, and it was a wonderful trip. Even had real food on the plane, and it was a direct flight.

TSA changed all of that. Cattle indeed. Come on now, taking off shoes is stupid and it's all just a jobs program at the end of the day. Oh, and the dehumanization they've been gunning for. It's all control. People behave the way they've been treated and after over 20 years of people seeing inept people scanning their bodies and belongings, it's actually pretty easy to get to the point of snapping. I've been to Mexico three times and each time it's been a real downer on each trip just because of the wasted time queueing up for a shakedown.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

I can't even sit in the lotus position in those seats...it's unhealthy and my legs go numb. If I owned an airline company I'd have a separate area where people could stretch, yoga and work that body for health. The bathrooms don't allow for much. Also I'd like an armrest parttion so my neighbours don't think they own my armrest. Maybe an area above our heads where we can go for a walk?
edit on 22-11-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join