It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can’t People Behave on an Airplane Anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What on earth is going on? Why are people so unhinged.
I hate that word, unhinged, but that is exactly the word for this situation.

I know people say oh’ that just videos. It isn’t I’ve flown and the bad behavior I’ve seen both in the airport and the plane is outrageous.
Shoes off, people not sitting in the right seats and then my personal favorite, people just losing their minds.
I know flying can be stressful, but I don’t ever remember it being this bad.

The airline workers are numb and have become emotionless and completely intolerant to everything and I don’t blame them.

SOOOOOOO.
Where do we go from here because it’s obvious it’s getting worse.
Are airlines going to require a deposit to ensure you behave? Are airlines going to require………………

A certain Social Credit Score….

We’ll see.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A better question: Why can't people behave anymore? It isn't just on air planes. It's everywhere. There is no sense of respect or decorum.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't know, but I remember after 9/11 people didn't act a fool because they'd have a swat team on the plane pronto. I'm not a flyer personally, and seeing how people act in airports and on planes, I figure it's just better to drive if possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
A better question: Why can't people behave anymore? It isn't just on air planes. It's everywhere. There is no sense of respect or decorum.

All I can say is... Rat utopia, its playing out right before our very eyes.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I was shopping in a nicer area. There was a woman that just threw a glass bottle out of her car. I gave her the look that said “you filthy waste of flesh, not even worthy of the liquid at the bottom of a dumpster!”.

edit on 17-11-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

That's what I thought. Over the years, the design of aircraft has progressively reduced the amount of personal space for passengers. In part at least, that contributes to poor behavior.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
people have always acted the fools on planes maybe its being British but there have always bee the bunch of drunk, those on sedatives, couples arguing and a screaming child..

I swear being able to smoke made flying bearable..

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's The "Rats in a Cage" system coming true 😎

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People have stopped taking pride in themselves and their spaces.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's The "Rats in a Cage" system coming true 😎

Despite all of my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe airlines should stop treating passengers like cattle and more like valued customers.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good for them. The guy at the end has been at the airport for 2 days. Another woman doesn't want to wear a mask. Go Rosa Parks!

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I lived outside the US from the early 80s until early 2000s, nearly 25 years. The first thing I noticed on returning was that most all sense of civility and of boundaries had evaporated.

I commented this to a close friend and hevtold me I wasnl nuts. About a year later he apologized and told me I was right.

Add to this the fact that so many Americans are just bat-sh1t crazy. I saw an article recently that claimed that 43% of Gen Z has mental problems.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Last time I saw an incident on a plane, the Flight Attendant provoked it with her "I'm in charge and can have you arrested" attitude. It stopped when several passengers including myself told her if she did have him arrested we'd testify on his behalf.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Maybe airlines should stop treating passengers like cattle and more like valued customers.

That's a given, but it's no excuse for the insanity.

We just don't fly anymore. I'll drive five days before I'll fly. If enough people stopped flying, maybe that would change, but people keep queuing up for the abuse.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I blame rap music.

#ThugLife

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I lived outside the US from the early 80s until early 2000s, nearly 25 years. The first thing I noticed on returning was that most all sense of civility and of boundaries had evaporated.

I commented this to a close friend and hevtold me I wasnl nuts. About a year later he apologized and told me I was right.

Add to this the fact that so many Americans are just bat-sh1t crazy. I saw an article recently that claimed that 43% of Gen Z has mental problems.

Their parents never told them no and disciplined them.

Thus.....

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Garbage population.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There seems to be an increase in tight fisted idiots not wanting to pay to sit their family together. So they just ask some poor person that paid for their seat to move and then harass them when they won’t move. Usually resulting in then shaming that person on social media.

It doesn’t help that anyone travelling on flights for the last 20 or so years has been a terrorist suspect, at least that’s the way you are treated by security from the moment you walk into an airport. They gave imbeciles that choose to sit next to x-ray machines for 8 hours a day a lot more power.

I used to fly a lot for work, all over the world and for a while it was fun. There was a time in the early 2000s when a lot of flights were very quiet and your air miles easily earned upgrades, Then it went to crap and now travelling is tiresome and I dread it.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

Plus flights got cheaper and cheaper. It's not something special anymore for people. Why they bring their bad behavior with them, entitlement.

Imagine operas would be cheap as dirt and plenty around. It's not about the people visiting them but how much respect they have about the event or in this case, mode of travel. Also people are not listening to the flight attendants. On each damn flight they tell the people like five times to NOT open the perfume they just bought from duty free. Because the lower air pressure will make it leak and evaporate, poisoning half of the plane. And every time one idiot will not listen and try out the perfume.

Or screaming at the attendants because they can't get their favorite cigarettes over international areas, when there is no tax. Stuff like that.
edit on 17.11.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join