It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Artemis Moon Mission is Just hours from Launch ... Again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In the early hours of tomorrow (Nov 16) Nasa's Artemis 1 SLS is scheduled for lift off to the Moon , astronaut Shaun the Sheep is once again suited and booted and all being well will get to go where no stuffed sheep has gone before.

Good luck Commander Moonikin Campos , Shaun and First Officer Snoopy.

After four postponements, Artemis 1 is scheduled to take off from Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral in the extremely early hours of Wednesday.

The two-hour launch window begins at 1.04am local time (6.04am UK), with managers giving the all-clear after inspecting damage to the Orion spacecraft caused when Florida was hit by Hurricane Nicole last week.

With Orion and its accompanying Space Launch System rocket deemed ready, both have been powered up as the clock ticks down to launch.
news.sky.com...

Hopefully this time we can start going back to the Moon.
🤞
edit on 15-11-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Are we taking bets on whether or not NASA scrubs the launch?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Still betting thet when this one gets off the ground the program is cancelled. (Not in a hopeful way, I don't want all our eggs in one SpaceX basket.)

If this launch is unsuccessful in any major way, from RUD to failing objectives it'll be almost immediate. If it's a success it'll be sometime before the second launch is scheduled to take place (currently May 2024).

Either way, looking forward to seeing it go up tonight.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Fingers crossed we finally get a launch and a flight round the moon.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don’t believe any of this no more.
I did all my life. Watched the first one as a teenager but sadly I think there’s so much proof it didn’t happen.
When you look at the moon lander it’s hard not to laugh.
I think this one will be cancelled or something will put a stop to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Delays because CERN is having some trouble bringing Kubrick back to life for the sequel.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

I don’t believe any of this no more.
I did all my life. Watched the first one as a teenager but sadly I think there’s so much proof it didn’t happen.

Here's a picture of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module Eagle still sat on the Moon as seen by the Indian Space Agency's Lunar orbiter.

It happened mate.
en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Chandrayaan-2_Apollo.jpg

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't have a lot of hope for a total success and doubt it will be a go tonight. No reason in particular just not a warm fuzzy feeling. And I'm pretty good at calling them.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I’m sorry mate but that means nothing.
With today’s technology they should be able to do better.
I told you last time it wouldn’t happen and it didn’t.
I’m not being horrible or anything but I was fooled for all those years before the internet came along and allowed us to dig deep into NASA’s archives and there’s just too much telling me it was fake.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Weather permitting I think they have a good chance.

A Gulf low near Louisiana this morning will progress rapidly northeast into the Deep South by the evening, dragging a decaying cold front drag behind it into Florida. The peninsula will be in the warm sector of the system today and tonight, causing temperatures and humidity values to rise. The front is expected to remain west of the area and too weak to otherwise impact local weather conditions across the Spaceport early Wednesday morning.
As a result, excellent weather is expected during the primary launch window, with the Cumulus Cloud Rule being only
a minor concern.
www.patrick.spaceforce.mil...

edit on 15-11-2022 by gortex because: format

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have been watching the NASA astronauts doing an eva to prepare for upcoming installation of solar panels.

I hope this launch goes off without a hitch. I have been following this program intently for months and months now.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So, if it doesn't go ahead you will claim you were right.

If it does you will claim it's fake?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
If it goes to the moon how can I claim it’s fake?
I don’t think we can go to the moon so I don’t think this rocket will get there.
I’m claiming all the other ones are fake.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Some folk on here will claim it's fake!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Some people make up their minds and live in their own realities. There is little help.

Anyway, I hope the Artemis has a good flight. I've been looking forward to seeing her soar.

Meanwhile, for fun:
An awesome article joyfully smashing some "nasa faked the moon landing" theories to pieces while providing some fun history and facts
Theories Debunked

edit on 11/15/22 by servovenford because: link fix

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's just incredible that after more than 50 years no human being set foot on the moon. There must be something very strange going on there. In 2009 I wrote a lot of things where I believe in. I updated it from time to time. If you don't agree ... I rest my case :-)

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zandra

It's just incredible that after more than 50 years no human being set foot on the moon. There must be something very strange going on there.

I think it's because the public have a short attention span and soon grew tired of the Moon , new technologies meant we could send probes and landers to Mars and beyond at less cost and risk.

I welcome a return to the Moon but for me mismanagement at NASA means we're taking a step back rather than a step forward ... so many wasted years.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
It's just incredible that after more than 50 years no human being set foot on the moon.

Not only has no human been to the moon since the Apollo missions, but no human has even been out of low earth orbit since then either.

It makes sense in a way, since it costs so much and has very little benefit apart from having the bragging rights of being the first to do it… I’d love to see them do it again before I die.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I also think it was cost that killed the moon missions.
BBC- Apollo in 50 numbers: The cost

The total estimated cost of the Apollo programme came to around $25bn, equivalent to $175bn (£140bn) today. In 1965, Nasa funding peaked at some 5% of government spending, today it’s a tenth of that.

Those billions paid for the rockets, spacecraft, computers, ground control and the 400,000 or so people needed to land just 12 men on the Moon.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Anyone making book on odds of success ....

Anything from launch scrub (again) to rocket exploding/crashing into Atlantic to reaching orbit and successful recovery of crew cabin

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join