It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does one have to become evil to do away with evil in its surroundings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm beginning to feel like the only way to get evil doings among us is to become the same and destroy the living fear of evil that we all have to live with.
Here, we all know the Japanese Yakuza buys up all or most of the food stalls places for the festivals and then the food vendors have to buy the tickets from the Yakuza to put up their stalls and then also pay a percentage of their profits to them.
Luckily now, at least recently the Yakuza in a way is dying out in the smaller cities due to the fact that the numbers of members have just been decreasing and the young realize today you have to have a bank account to get a cell phone with a credit card. The days of paying cash for a cell phone are over at least in this country. Also, in Japan a known gang member CAN NOT OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT AND CAN NOT GET GOVERNMENT HOUSING.

So will evil die out or will the good people have to resort to evil ways to get rid of the evils in the world?

Your thoughts on this.
edit on 1100000006372022-11-15T09:37:06-06:00370611am9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Your title struck me. I have often wondered this as well as perhaps the innocent cannot think of evil long enough to hold the guilty accountable. Someone on here corrected me over this and said they are not innocent, but ignorant. I'm not sure but it sure is an awkward situation with this vast evil in place and the lambs only see a hand feeding them.

I don't have an answer.

Good question, important subject.

originally posted by: musicismagic
I'm beginning to feel like the only way to get evil doings among us is to become the same and destroy the living fear of evil that we all have to live with.
Here, we all know the Japanese Yakuza buys up all or most of the food stalls places for the festivals and then the food vendors have to buy the tickets from the Yakuza to put up their stalls and then also pay a percentage of their profits to them.
Luckily now, at least recently the Yakuza in a way is dying out in the smaller cities due to the fact that the numbers of members have just been decreasing and the young realize today you have to have a bank account to get a cell phone with a credit card. The days of paying cash for a cell phone are over at least in this country. Also, in Japan a known gang member CAN NOT OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT AND CAN NOT GET GOVERNMENT HOUSING.

So will evil die out or will the good people have to resort to evil ways to get rid of the evils in the world?

Your thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sometimes, you have to out monster the monsters.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Times where good men are forced to do bad things are present through history.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Good Question ? It’s probably more about understanding that many evil things exist and how they work, mostly good people often times can’t fathom that others can be so corrupt and “evil” and their ignorance allows this cycle to continue. People are waking up more and more everyday and that’s why we’ve seen such an unprecedented attempt at censorship, lol, but people are resourceful and find a way to get the message out !

So to answer your question, No, we don’t have to become evil to combat evil, we do need to be brave and absolute though. 🦁

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

the living fear of evil that we all have to live with.

I don't .
Read my sig .

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My homeless drug addicted daughter in law who was just arrested for elder abuse against her mother, has been parking her car in my driveway to sleep at night. My disabled son and grandchildren, live in a cabin on my property, so she is trying to sneak her nasty ass back into their lives.

She is just chaos, so I will be taking matters into my own hands, and she will not be on my property. Am I evil? Nope, throwing the mother of my grandchildren out on the Cold streets might seem evil, but believe me she just creates too much drama, and danger from the trash she hangs out with.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

When tyranny becomes law, resistance becomes duty. But I guess the latest mobile is more important.

The story "where the wild things are" by Maurice Sendak comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If you live long enough you become the monster, unless you a rare person who is good.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
If you live long enough you become the monster, unless you a rare person who is good.

I've been blessed with 2 wonderful and loving parents.
My father passed away driving his truck into : www.recreation.gov... He died on his way doing what he taught all 5 of us kids how to fish.
Here is my song for my father: app.box.com...
My loving mother ( 94 years of age ) is in a memory care center. Sadly, she doesn't remember who I am. I have a picture of my mother and I next to my computer. When I look up recipes, I remember my mother teaching me cooking and baking skills.

I believe I am blessed with them 2 rare persons that are good.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

You sound as if you have quite the conundrum here Miss. What does your son think of the situation? Is he swayed to let her back into his life?

I personally object to the use of the term evil. It sounds so absolute. You know, ''good and evil'' or ''good or evil''. Thinking like that to me is way to much '' one or the other'' when in reality it's not that way. There is a whole spectrum of choices and actions to be made in between the two, know what I mean? In life we are tossed any number of ''hard choices'' and working them out within ourselves on a ''good or evil'' scale can make them even harder.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
you only have to look at western world and see they've become everything they claim to hate, they look and smell the very corruption they want to root out..

i tend to think if you hate long enough and you become the thing you hate...

what the world is lacking (especially the west) is positivity, its in the kind of self flagellation last seen worn by the puritans (not sure if Japan has a mirror of it)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
It wasn't an easy decision. My son doesn't want her there, but doesn't have the heart to make her leave. She stayed the night and yesterday when I went over to check on him, his blood pressure was way high, and he just broke down, so I'm not going to tell him,. I'm just going to get rid of her.
When she had options, she rejected her family. Now her family has rejected her back. You reap what you sow. Even her teenage son does not want her there.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The first thing to remember about defeating evil, is that evil is never defeated, only deterred. Desperation and opportunity are infinite resources.

The second thing to remember about defeating evil, is that once upon a time, evil was just like you and me. A door was opened on a dark moonless night and a partnership was formed because hogwash is better than dying of thirst. Not everyone is fortunate enough to find milk and honey on the first, second, third try. Habits die hard when equity ranks lower than "clout" in most business.

The third thing to remember about defeating evil, is that when one does eventually succeed in doing so, they learn after the fact that 90% of crime was actually enabled by heroes pretending to be protectors but secretly profiting from the chaos and suffering.

Keeping all of this in mind, the short answer to your question is the best weapon to counter a bear attack is, in fact, another bear. But ultimately you have to be prepared for the possibility that bear decides you are more dangerous or inconvenient than the bears you are sending it to fight.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If I look at the WEF and all other globalists and evil 'elites' , you know , 'royality', the Vatican, politicians, etc.
Then yes, I think we will have to become as evil as them to fight them. The alternative would be for everyone (both 'left' and 'right' ) to wake up and unite against this evil, but that has a low chance of happening.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1Without getting into it I can tell you I faced a very similar situation years ago. That choice was probably the hardest choice I have ever made and dealing with it within a ''good or evil'' perspective was making it impossible to choose. However the more pragmatic perspective of ''worst, bad, good, better and hopefully best choices available offered my best way forward without becoming a more fractured person myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think it is possible to recognise evil and know how it operates without becoming evil.

I think it’s possible to defeat evil without becoming evil.

I think it’s possible to be redeemed no matter your transgressions.

It’s what Jesus Christ knew. Nelson Mandela was an evil little bastard in his early years, his willingness to find the right way to suffer for his convictions moved the Earth.

edit on 15-11-2022 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2022 by Dalamax because: It’s happened before

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

If I look at the WEF and all other globalists and evil 'elites' , you know , 'royality', the Vatican, politicians, etc.
Then yes, I think we will have to become as evil as them to fight them. The alternative would be for everyone (both 'left' and 'right' ) to wake up and unite against this evil, but that has a low chance of happening.

Evil fears a righteous man

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Pain and suffering is the only way to control humans.

Using love and affection doesnt work, humans take advantage of these weak emotions.

Control includes prison, torture and killing, not love and understanding.

Wars are not won with love.
Control requires evil, hate and murder.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't think so. The kind of evil we are talking about is control right? Control of one group over another. Ironically evil controls with evil, the participants of a system become corrupt and then it's much easier for the controllers to control people who've been corrupted.

So what does a righteous person do in a system that has become so corrupted? Personally, I think the only thing that person can do is withdraw and attempt to become as self-sufficient as they can. That might not be possible. But if it is, then the self-sufficient person can attempt to befriend other self-sufficient people and then build a community.

Sadly evil exists in this world and good people get hurt by the evil but you can't conquer evil with evil you can only conquer evil with good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join