It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID Outbreak at Strip Plate Mill Costs Algoma Steel $26 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Our local steel plant that is one of only a few that is capable of making military armour plating in North America is losing money because of Covid policies.

Most of these people would never know they were sick without Algoma's testing policies. In March of 2020 they shut the WHOLE place down to contractors and my job was cancelled. No one was sick. Just cancelled.

They're at it again and it looks like it's going to cost not just us, but the world, in armour steel solutions. All because a cold.

Algoma Steel's cornerstone business asset, its direct strip production complex, was hobbled recently by a COVID outbreak that coughed millions of dollars from the steelmaker's bottom line.

Algoma's renowned DSPC turns liquid steel into finished coil in minutes.

But ravaged by coronavirus, the company had trouble during the past quarter finding enough staff to operate the pride and joy of local steelmaking.

"Our community was not immune to the impacts of COVID," says Michael Garcia, president and chief executive officer.

"During the quarter we experienced a concentrated outbreak, which impacted the DSPC," Garcia told investors during an earnings call last week.

"We're implementing various measures to address labor availability, including cross-training more employees to better handle that absenteeism event."
Link

These policies have to end before we bankrupt the world.

edit on 11/15/2022 by MykeNukem because: title

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Its sad that at this point, shutting down an entire business due to Covid is still happening. It's just being treated like any other illness as far as work goes where I am. One person came down with Covid recently and they were right back at work five-ish days later. No one else got sick, no one else gave a damn. The actual flu is more of an issue right now and people are not batting an eye about that. Flu has taken out several employees in the last few weeks.

But no, Covid is the issue. I can't roll my eyes any harder.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

My wife is from Kewaunee and I hunt up there, we are shocked that a business from that area is acting this way. Most people in that area were skeptical of the virus from the very beginning. Must be a liberal run business.
edit on CST10America/Chicago1020222022111520222022-11-15T10:02:17-06:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Its sad that at this point, shutting down an entire business due to Covid is still happening. It's just being treated like any other illness as far as work goes where I am.

Same here. A bunch of people in the office had Covid over the last 2 weeks, including me. Everyone was coughing, nobody cared. Some people took a sick day or two. Everyone is over it and fine.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Its sad that at this point, shutting down an entire business due to Covid is still happening. It's just being treated like any other illness as far as work goes where I am. One person came down with Covid recently and they were right back at work five-ish days later. No one else got sick, no one else gave a damn. The actual flu is more of an issue right now and people are not batting an eye about that. Flu has taken out several employees in the last few weeks.

But no, Covid is the issue. I can't roll my eyes any harder.

For the most part that's how it is around here too.

But some of these companies have their own "Covid" policies that are draconian in their application.

More to come as our Health Minister is hinting at bringing back mask mandates...argh

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I fixed the headline for you...

COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL OVEREACTION TO COVID POSITIVE TESTS COSTS MILLIONS OF UNNEADED DOLLARS IN SHUTDOWNS

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the sad part is losing the zombies is part of the healing process..

the only way govs will learn is if it costs them elections and/or their political existence..

consider the uk liberal's the main inn power or opposition party for a century until ww1 where everything about their policies was shown as f*cked, it killed liberalism and we sit at the other end of that cycle with global neo liberalism..

Churchill was hated as a liberal minister for his part in Gallipoli so he walked away from liberalism, in doing so he opened the door to to being the conservative PM twice, covid will be Johnson's Gallipoli just as it will be our failure.

the companies about to go down the drain didn't need to but that's decades of failed orthodoxy kickoing the can matched to going self destruct on covid..

i think and hope what it'll do is clear the dead wood orthodoxy and drive real positivity and innovation..
edit on 15-11-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: daboxfan
I fixed the headline for you...

COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL OVEREACTION TO COVID POSITIVE TESTS COSTS MILLIONS OF UNNEADED DOLLARS IN SHUTDOWNS

Thanks! I think that fixed it!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There is a immunological experts debate raging over how Covid affects our immune system and it is alarming, if true. There may be no herd immunity with Covid variants.

“People who have severe disease are likely to end up with a good number of memory cells,” said Dr. Pandurangan Vijayanand at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. “People with milder disease have memory cells, but they seem exhausted and dysfunctional — so they might not be effective for long enough.”

Nobel laureate and Australian immunologist Peter Doherty speculated that these preliminary findings “could reflect a continuing confrontation between persistent virus and immune cells and antibodies that are trying to eliminate it from our bodies, but are not quite succeeding in doing so.”

The drug company Merck now lists COVID as a major cause of lymphocytopenia: the destruction of white blood cells including T cells.

A recent and prominent scientific paper confirmed that the age of 50 is indeed an inflection point for COVID deaths. It posited that the loss or narrowing of T cell diversity in response to infections might explain why.

In one recent tweet Leonardi asked his readers, “Do you all have any idea of what you’ve lost. So goodbye to the golden years…. I told you so.”

There, too, has been an inexplicable rise in brain infections among children. A 2022 survey of 109 U.S. hospitals found a 236 per cent leap in bacterial brain infections since the beginning of the pandemic. Some were treatable with antibiotics while others required surgery. Researchers speculated that bacteria in the mouth and nose might travel to the brain as COVID weakens the immune system.

With reinfections, Leonardi feared that people could prime their body to only recall existing immune memory and mount poor immune responses to new variants. As the Dr. Leonardi translation bot noted: “Dr. AJ has warned that we’re setting people up for organ damage and loss of vital function. The harm could be irreversible.”

and it goes on and on.

thetyee.ca...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

MmmHmm.

That couldn't be caused by the vaccines could it?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

MmmHmm.

Not according to the immunologist experts.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

MmmHmm.

So....we should discount all the research showing the vaccine completely strips the entire immune system of it's ability to fight even minor infections?
Many countries have suspended the use of the C19 vaccine because of alarming facts beginning to emerge, but they're probably not as vested into the financial profits of vaccinating as our western world is.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: quintessentone

MmmHmm.

So....we should discount all the research showing the vaccine completely strips the entire immune system of it's ability to fight even minor infections?
Many countries have suspended the use of the C19 vaccine because of alarming facts beginning to emerge, but they're probably not as vested into the financial profits of vaccinating as our western world is.

We should not discount any research just because it may be an inconvenient truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Could they be preparing for large scale depopulation in the USA?

All the cross training you referenced, made me think of that possibility.

join