It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premier Doug Ford urges masking - stops short of imposing mandate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

TORONTO — As pediatric hospitals across Ontario deal with an unprecedented surge of very sick children, Premier Doug Ford asked residents to mask up on Sunday but stopped short of mandating the practice.

Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Kieran Moore is set to make an announcement on Monday where he will recommend the public don masks regularly.

At a rare Sunday news conference on an unrelated issue, the premier laid the groundwork for the top doctor's message.

"Wear a mask every time possible," Ford said while speaking at a gas station in west Toronto.

He also urged members of the public to get their flu shots and be up to date on the COVID-19 vaccinations.

Premier Doug Ford urges masking - stops short of imposing mandate

They are hinting at bringing back the mask mandates.

So far they are "just" recommendations, but we all know where that will lead next.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

All these kinds around the world with a mystery respiratory illness and parents STILL don't get it.

Seriously what does it take to wake up?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nirishman
All these kinds around the world with a mystery respiratory illness and parents STILL don't get it.

Lol. I don't know of many covid vaxxed children, but I know of a lot of sick ones right now. What aren't we getting? One of my kids got the covid vax. She's not sick, but two others are.

IT'S FLU SEASON!

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sit your immune system on the bench for years and then act shocked when it can’t keep up. Also, have you tried buying childrens meds? My daughter had a fever of 103.5 a week ago and all I could give her was adult Advil. Luckily she’s 12. The shelves were completely empty. Still are. Everything’s fine tho. Put their masks back on. That will solve it.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I preferred his crack addicted brother. Canada & indeed the world at large is a darker place without him. The world needs more Rob Fords and less Doug Fords. Especially in political office.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KleenX
Sit your immune system on the bench for years and then act shocked when it can’t keep up. Also, have you tried buying childrens meds? My daughter had a fever of 103.5 a week ago and all I could give her was adult Advil. Luckily she’s 12. The shelves were completely empty. Still are. Everything’s fine tho. Put their masks back on. That will solve it.

I've heard of shortages of Children's Tylenol here.

Funny how all of this is "normal" all of a sudden.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Lol. I don't know of many covid vaxxed children, but I know of a lot of sick ones right now. What aren't we getting? One of my kids got the covid vax. She's not sick, but two others are.

IT'S FLU SEASON!

This isn't the pit so I won't get into the whole argument here, but I'd like to know why this has NEVER happened before, until now?

We've never had an issue with "unprecedented surge" of sick kids. NEVER.

It's not the flu.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
really not shocked Canada is heading towards going full wibble again.. strange really as i grew up thinking the canucks where the sane ones in north America it just shows appearances can be as deceptive, as was thinking the antipodeans where too.. covid has certainly straightened out a lot of myths..
edit on 14-11-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
really not shocked Canada is heading towards going full wibble again.. strange really as i grew up thinking the canucks where the sane ones in north America it just shows appearances can be as deceptive, as was thinking the antipodeans where too.. covid has certainly straightened out a lot of myths..

Canada is leading the pack, full charge.

No, we're definitely not the sane ones, lmao.

🍁❤🍁

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

IT'S FLU SEASON!

WOW. You wont even take your own shot and you gave it to your kids?

BTW do you know what unprecedented means?

As pediatric hospitals across Ontario deal with an unprecedented surge of very sick children

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

it is certainly rattling a few stereotypes.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

IT'S FLU SEASON!

You aren't getting that your blind compliance and parroting of the government line has done incalculable damage to the health of others, while mitigating nothing.
And here you are ready to comply to round two.

Who knew that followers of the church of satan were so obedient?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Everyone is sick right now... I got covid for the second time last week, lasted about four days. Bunch of guys off at work, probably with covid.

But there's apparently an RSV going around with children and covid ontop of that, not good for the children. Let's hope it blows over quickly.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

FWIW
My wife manages an ER down in Florida and she says she gets inundated with Nursing applications from Canada.

She has hired several and they all are moving because of how Canada handled the whole Covid thing.

Between the Canadians,new jerkings , and commiefornians Florida is going to have to start to add land. hopefully they don't bring their political ideologies here if they support the idiotic solution of giving a govt riddle with conflict of interest more money and more power to fix the same issues that gov't created and are benefiting from.
edit on 541130America/ChicagoMon, 14 Nov 2022 08:54:50 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Between the Canadians,new jerkings , and commiefornians Florida is going to have to start to add land. hopefully they don't bring their political ideologies here if they support the idiotic solution of giving a govt riddle with conflict of interest more money and more power to fix the same issues that gov't created and are benefiting from.

It's pretty much the same as the U.S. demographically.

If they are coming from our cities, they'll likely be very liberal and fit right in with the other liberals your talking about, unfortunately, lol.

People from rural Canada typically like conservative policies, you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone, sort of idea.

We have highly trained RN's that are considered some of the best in the world, so not all bad if they're moving to Florida.

At least they can have a job there, our government fired those who wouldn't vaccinate, so I don't blame them one bit. So, most of them will be conservatives at least, lol.

edit on 11/14/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Everyone is sick right now... I got covid for the second time last week, lasted about four days. Bunch of guys off at work, probably with covid.

But there's apparently an RSV going around with children and covid ontop of that, not good for the children. Let's hope it blows over quickly.

Nonsense. VAX!

Never mind the CDC has had to add the color purple to their flu maps because we're seeing higher flu cases than what red represents.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Covid 19 and RSV are both variants of the common cold virus. A lab in Boston has recently created a strain of Omicron that has an 80% kill rate.

I'm sure the rapidly rising incidence of upper respiratory infections is just coincidental. The push to line up for the now fully approved C19 vaccine will 'save' us all from this next pandemic.

I bet Pelosi's stock in Pfizer is looking pretty good these days, along with all the other politicians making bank on the FDA approved mRNA vaccine technology.

'Think of the children' doesn't seem to be lengthening the vaccine lines yet; they need to ramp up the fear factor a bit more.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

quote of off topic post removed.

Agreed, but Off-Topic.
edit on 11/14/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Mask is highly unhealthy. Cost benefit analysis. More disease is caused by wearing mask than prevented.

<<   2  3 >>

join