It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers find section of space shuttle Challenger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I lived on the west coast of Florida in 1986, I remember that day was so cold the freeze plugs had popped out of my cars engine as I didnt have enough antifreeze in it. The cold weather that day was a contributing factor to the accident. I remember I was at work in Tampa at a machine shop when the accident happened, we heard it on the radio, ran outside, and you could see from the shape of the contrail of the rocket that something had gone very wrong. I will never forget that image as long as I live. A very sad day.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I remember that, too.

Horrifying to think that those two astronauts were alive during that fall--for however long was too long.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Horrifying yea but I doubt they even considered it, they were running checklists and trying to get a system to respond.

Thats the way it was for many cockpit voice recorders I heard, and those people were the best of the best, I would wager my last paycheck that they might have said we are F'd and then gotten right back to trying anything they could think of.

I was in middle school on the gulf coast of florida, back then we still brought all the students to the cafeteria so we could watch the shuttle launches.

When it exploded me and a couple hundred others rushed outside and we could see the contrails as the parts separated and trail off down to the ocean.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I live in Orlando, Florida and saw the ‘86 Shuttle Explosion from my High School Parking lot Live and thought, Hmmm that doesn’t look right! I was devastated when I heard the Shuttle exploded…. Because I THOUGHT the astronauts died. But DID THEY?!?!?! Watch the video link below! You might be surprised! I was Red Pilled until 2002, when 9/11 didn’t make sense. Then I started go back over every other big events.

www.bitchute.com...

edit on 13-11-2022 by PMNOrlando because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PMNOrlando

'When you heard"?

There's me thinking you actually saw it, what with you saying you had just a sentence or two before.

People died. You falling for dumb conspiracy lies isn't going to change that.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
Anyone seen this? youtu.be...

Incredible likeness on the 2nd and 3rd guys.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

Three years or so after we started living together, my other half almost walked up to a total stranger in Walmart to ask me if I’d gotten off work early for some reason. Until she stopped and watched him for a minute, she would have sworn under oath it was me.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I remember hearing something about communications for that timeframe, was a rumor that somehow there were goodbyes..You ever hear anything about that? Serious and with as much respect as possible.

a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I didn't hear that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all, also would have no trouble believing nasa scrubbed every known copy of said messages.

Much the way the soviets tried to scrub every catastrophic failure they had early in the space race, its a nicer cleaner story if everyone died suddenly. Once they found the capsule and saw switches from checklist had been moved they had to stop the nice clean story and hope our 15 second attention span took over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join