It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers find section of space shuttle Challenger

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My understanding of this event is that it was staged. All those onboard are alive and went on to have quite public careers.

To me it seems that they have staged this event to put an end to the fake space program. They could no longer keep up with progressing any further with their lame technology an the public was losing interest. A few people remained fixated and watching every live launch however the majority’s interest had waned.

Kill off a teacher and a few scientists and now we have a reason to rapidly reduce the charade.

NASA is a farce.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Good news! No one died in that blowed up prop.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UsualSuspect
My understanding of this event is that it was staged. All those onboard are alive and went on to have quite public careers.

To me it seems that they have staged this event to put an end to the fake space program. They could no longer keep up with progressing any further with their lame technology an the public was losing interest. A few people remained fixated and watching every live launch however the majority’s interest had waned.

Kill off a teacher and a few scientists and now we have a reason to rapidly reduce the charade.

NASA is a farce.

Flat Earth much?

There’s high res photos that some were were released that show what happened and the photos of the cockpit still intact free falling to the water. Sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Also there are many high res photos and also video footage about the lives lived after the event of the victims from the event.

No mention of a flat earth, simply a disbelief in evidence that relates to NASA or is promoted by a government agency.

“Trust the science” “Don’t question the government”

Please remember this is a website to CHALLENGE ideas of the norm and not parrot the narrative.

If you want to support the NASA narrative please provide a link to a continuous video, that does not change camera angles, of a rocket leaving the earths atmosphere and entering earth orbit.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UsualSuspect
a reply to: 38181

Also there are many high res photos and also video footage about the lives lived after the event of the victims from the event.

No mention of a flat earth, simply a disbelief in evidence that relates to NASA or is promoted by a government agency.

“Trust the science” “Don’t question the government”

Please remember this is a website to CHALLENGE ideas of the norm and not parrot the narrative.

If you want to support the NASA narrative please provide a link to a continuous video, that does not change camera angles, of a rocket leaving the earths atmosphere and entering earth orbit.

Where are these videos, pics etc of survivors?

Utter nonsense, you should be ashamed of yourself ridiculing a terrible accident that affected many peoples lives.

Deny ignorance does NOT mean act like a tw#t

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

I read this book years ago and the book is full of surprises about what caused the explosion.
Written by people on the ground working on the shuttle and is and eye-opening read.
If you read this be prepared to be a little upset about what really happened.

www.amazon.com...=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1668181285&sr=1-1

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bob350

The MT engineers practically demanded they not launch, but management was put under pressure because it had already been scrubbed twice. NASA had the mentality of "Nothing has happened before, so it'll be fine" so pushed to launch. Pressure came from on high to get the shuttle up, which made things worse. Space has become mostly politics, and not exploration.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UsualSuspect

IF you haven't noticed this can be taken too far, especially with the type of people that frequent this site. If everything is fake then nothing is real and you can create your own truth.

You see it here daily -

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So they release photos and videos of the crew prior to the launch, announce they were all killed in the accident, and then let them walk around living normal lives? And then allow pictures to be spread around of them living those normal lives?

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
In the book I posted in my reply there is a phone call discussed, between NASA and MT.
In that phone call MT recommended not to launch that the solid rocked boosters were not built to withstand the temps on that day.
The phone call was paused and they then discussed it further and when NASA came back online they agreed to launch.
There was alot more to it then that it is just what I recall from reading.
The shuttle should never have been launched that day and it had nothing to do with Pres Reagan. It was about embarrassment to NASA for scrubbing the launch again.
The NASA leadership did not want to disappoint the Pres not that Reagan was pressuring them.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Seconded.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It basically came down to engineers vs managers. The engineers knew it was incredibly dangerous to launch, while the managers were all about covering their ass. NASA held something over their head and pressured them into launching. Most likely they threatened their future contract possibilities. Management has done more harm to companies like Morton Thiokol than anything else. Just look at Boeing today. When engineers moved up to management, they were a great company. After the McDonnel Douglas merger, when bean counters were put in charge, it became all about saving money, and their product quality and reputation have tanked.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Your understanding is as wrong as it is offensive.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

"Understanding"!!!!

Lack of, more like.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is quite a detailed summary book created by the Challenger review commission. Every library that is a federal repository library will have a copy in their government publications section. There's about 20 federal repositories, and I read most of that commission summary at the University of Iowa library. Very detailed, and the back of the book is a catalog of every part of Challenger they found up until that point. Many hi-res pictures as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ah yes, the name calling argument.Thanks for admitting defeat.

a reply to: expatwhite

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It basically came down to engineers vs managers. The engineers knew it was incredibly dangerous to launch, while the managers were all about covering their ass. NASA held something over their head and pressured them into launching. Most likely they threatened their future contract possibilities. Management has done more harm to companies like Morton Thiokol than anything else. Just look at Boeing today. When engineers moved up to management, they were a great company. After the McDonnel Douglas merger, when bean counters were put in charge, it became all about saving money, and their product quality and reputation have tanked.

It’s too bad they merged. Competition is a good thing. Cutting corners not so much, the 37 Max is a perfect example. Airbus seems to be doing it right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

More than two were alive until impact.

!986 I was stationed at NAS Jacksonville. We'd always fly a couple of helicopters down with as many people who wanted to go to watch a launch. We were on the ramp at Patrick AFB for the launch. When Challenger exploded we were the first aircraft to respond. We'd just taken off when we were called to come back until they were sure that all of the debris had fallen. We later went out and recovered some of the first pieces.
I lived on Jacksonville Beach at the time. A few days later some pieces washed up on the beach near my house.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Yeah, I was fairly certain it was, but was going from memory. I remembered that at least two of the bottles were activated, and the type of switch can’t be moved by impact forces.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
I grew up in the Apollo age and the Mercury explosion both the shuttle catastrophes. I watched in tears also when the last retirement flight of the shuttle on the back of a 747 to it final destination.

I hope they find many answers with this wreckage. Thanks for posting.

And R.I.P. to all the hero's that have perished through the years of the Space programs in the pursuit of Space Exploration.

Mercury explosion?

Are you referring to one of the MR-1 or MA-1 unmanned rocket explosions or to the Apollo 1 fire that took the lives of

Grissom, Chaffee, and White?

I assume the latter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join