It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Colorado police officers charged after train hit patrol car with handcuffed woman inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Appears the cops who put a young girl in their vehicle "parked on the train tracks" are going to face some charges. For those who didn't know, these geniuses parked their LE vehicle on the train tracks and then placed their "detainee" inside of it. Then they go search her truck. You can then hear a train horn in the background and they seem to ignore it until it is too late.

www.cbsnews.com...

Two police officers have been charged with multiple felony and misdemeanor counts stemming from an incident in which they allegedly placed a handcuffed female suspect in a patrol car that was then hit by a train.

Sgt. Pablo Vazquez from the Platteville Police Department is charged with five counts of reckless endangerment and one count each of obstructing highway or other passageway, careless driving and parking where prohibited, the Weld County District Attorney's Office announced Monday. Officer Jordan Steinke of the Fort Lupton Police Department is charged with second degree assault, criminal attempt to commit manslaughter and reckless endangerment.

On September 16, officers from both the Platteville Police Department and Fort Lupton Police Department responded to a reported road rage incident on Highway 85, CBS Colorado reported. Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, 20, was accused of threatening another with a gun, according to CBS Colorado.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Here's how it will play out...

The officers will be fired, but keep their law enforcement certification so they can just move to another town and get jobs. Due to their "past dedication to the community" they won't face any jail time.

She will get a big chunk of money.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

We have seriously got to Train these Cops better and have a minimum IQ standard that must be met.

These are all normal things in the Military , There are IQ cuts offs and consistent training .

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Ummmm.. yeah, about that.

There is / was a reason the Army had oral boards for promotion. I once had am E-7 Platoon Sergeant who could barely read an a complete idiot E6 who reclassified to our MOS from combat arms.

There are PLENTY of idiots in the military. At least in the Army.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Exactly, except:
She will get a big chunk of taxpayer money while the police department won't have to justify any of it except with higher insurance payments also paid by the taxpayer.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If I recall correctly this is the second time the same situation has occurred in recent times.
Found it, here.

This is negligence pure and simple. How do people of such (Clearly) low IQ get into places of power where people are literally at their mercy.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Stupid is stupid. Wow!
Did you see all the tattoos on the police officer's arm.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Done judge a person on their choice of art. They shall be judged on their merits solely.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta
This is the same incident as OP but it takes a special kinda of stupid to park on tracks.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Either I made a mistake or I have entered a different dimension. I swear that I read the older one was a man and it was a different police department.

Please forgive me, I have had some FourLoko and may be getting slightly twisted and crossed some wires somewhere.

I give you a star for keeping me honest and accountable.
edit on 11/8/2022 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

We have seriously got to Train these Cops better and have a minimum IQ standard that must be met.

These are all normal things in the Military , There are IQ cuts offs and consistent training .

Just watched a video of two cops that arrested a man for walking with….. a foldable cane.
He was walking to go to jury duty and is legally blind. After he asked for their names and badge numbers they arrested him. Easiest lawsuit ever!! Hope he wins a lot.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Saw the video footage. This was a really stupid move on the part of the cops.

I'd sue too.
edit on 11/8/2022 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

OMG I saw this on the news not far back. I could not believe my eyes. I was mortified at what I saw.

I was so relieved when it was reported the lady survived. Was confused as to where the officer was, but was in the back

Hope both recover

She may have just won the Lottery..

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That case is disgusting because the female cop claims she saw something she thought was a gun in his back pocket and when he proved it was a cane she should have ended contact right there. He had also already said he was walking back from Jury Duty and usually people who have criminal records or warrants don't get Jury Duty so she knew he probably wasn't a criminal even if she lawfully and constitutionally had the authority to continue contact with him at this point, which she did not have.

Then for the male cop to insist on an arrest because of "contempt of cop" bogus charges was icing on the cake for this lawsuit.

The female cop also lied on her report and said she had stopped him because he was jaywalking. She needs to be also charged with making a false report and perjury.

It always amazes me that police can't admit they were mistaken, apologize, say "have a great day" and walk away. Instead they have to escalate and get their back up when someone knows their rights and points out the police are wrong.

edit on 8-11-2022 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

No problem. I wasn't sure until I saw the Ft Lupton PD sign on your video link.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I watched the video a couple of days after it happened. Another case of "I know better than you" idiot police officers who should have never been allowed out of the station let alone being behind the wheel of a patrol car.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was curious as to what they figured out about what the woman was accused of doing. She was a TSA agent.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

She will get a big chunk of money.
Which the taxpayer will be forced to pay

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Ummmm.. yeah, about that.

There is / was a reason the Army had oral boards for promotion. I once had am E-7 Platoon Sergeant who could barely read an a complete idiot E6 who reclassified to our MOS from combat arms.

There are PLENTY of idiots in the military. At least in the Army.

No doubt the dumbest people I ever met were in the military but also The smartest people I ever met were in the military.

None the less there is a Scale and a cutoff point in the military how ever low the bar may be.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
If I recall correctly this is the second time the same situation has occurred in recent times.
Found it, here.

This is negligence pure and simple. How do people of such (Clearly) low IQ get into places of power where people are literally at their mercy.

They just apply for the #ty job..seems to be anyway.

I know a young guy up here in Canada, who was turned down..we all were pleasantly surprised, and thought that was a good thing. Kid had a terrible attitude.

<<   2 >>

join