It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s Declare a Pandemic Amnesty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Oster was an advocate for opening schools during the coronavirus epidemic, spearheading a project to collect data on the spread of coronavirus in schools,[29] and appearing frequently in media discussing why schools should open. In early October 2020 she wrote an influential and much cited article in The Atlantic entitled "Schools Aren't Super-Spreaders" which inspired numerous articles.[30][31][32] Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and the CDC cited Oster's work as a reason to open schools during the pandemic.[33][34] In August 2020, Oster launched a dashboard compiling information on the spread of COVID-19 in schools. Critics of Oster's dashboard said it had methodological problems that they believe undermine its usefulness.[35]

In September 2021, Oster launched the Covid-19 School Data Hub which includes information on virtual and in person status of schools across 31 states. According to The New York Times, the data hub is "one of the most comprehensive efforts yet to document how schools operated during the pandemic."

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

interesting concept being floated that vibe matters more than content..

Times: It’s vibes not policy that decides our votes

these theory focuses on Jeremy Clarkson and as a remain voter he gives of Brexit vibes so most assume he is a brexiteer..

apply that to this media outlet and even if the writer isn't the vibe becomes pro lockdown..

reading between the lines it looks like this theory is fast becoming one of the strategies being deployed to craft the propaganda..

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yet she still brainwashed her 4 year old into shouting at other kids to social distance.

The number of times i was approached by libtards telling me to wear a mask was countless. Just like the number of times they got told to fluck right off before they get flattened.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Yet she still brainwashed her 4 year old into shouting at other kids to social distance.

The number of times i was approached by libtards telling me to wear a mask was countless. Just like the number of times they got told to fluck right off before they get flattened.

I don't see why an amnesty can exist for those who may have committed serious crimes.

In relation to your encounters, we all know what happens when the left is trying to influence common sense and science. You get weird results such as a genderless society, climate change doom and gloom scenarios, and left wing epidemiology.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Forgiveness.

Emily Oster asks for forgiveness.

OK, I can do that. You're forgiven. I wish you no ill will, Emily. Jesus tells me to forgive, so I will forgive. You asked for it, and you got it. Feel better?

Oh, wait... you still want me to wear face masks? You want to keep injecting that poison you call a "vaccine" into my blood? You want my grandchild to get that poison injected into her bloodstream? That's not how this works.

Forgiveness is a hard thing to master, but the dynamics are not that complicated. If you do something to me, and then realize you were wrong, it is entirely appropriate for me to forgive you if you ask. Even if what you did to me was horrible, I can still forgive you. But take a close look at that quick explanation of the process: first, before your request can even be considered, you have to stop what you know was wrong!

If you know something is wrong and you do it anyway, that cannot be forgiven. It's just not how forgiveness works. A bank robber cannot legitimately ask for forgiveness for robbing a bank while he is throwing stolen money into his sack. A murderer cannot legitimately ask for forgiveness from his victim as he chokes the life from them. In both cases, there is no regret for one's actions, no admission that what they were doing was wrong. There is only a fake attempt to avoid responsibility for one's actions while continuing those actions. Asking for forgiveness in such a case is just another crime against the victim.

You're not asking for forgiveness... just stop with that nonsense. You're asking for leniency while in the middle of your crime. Leniency does not work the same way forgiveness works. Leniency requires compassion, while forgiveness requires a belief in the inefficiency and inappropriateness of punishing one who is already punishing themselves for something they know was wrong. So let's look at what compassion you deserve.

We don't have to look far. Like this excerpt:

Obviously some people intended to mislead and made wildly irresponsible claims. Remember when the public-health community had to spend a lot of time and resources urging Americans not to inject themselves with bleach? That was bad.
So you want me to grant leniency to you, because you were wrong, but you will not grant leniency to me when I was right? Doesn't work that way, Emily. That is the basic problem still surfacing its ugly head. You thought you were so much smarter than everyone else, and that your and only your "solutions" should be considered. That was your sin: arrogance. And you still display that exact same sin by wanting not just leniency but conditional leniency... leniency for yourself and none for anyone else.

And you use the most ridiculous example! I'm sure there are a few people who actually thought of filling a syringe with Clorox and giving themselves a shot... there are people who think it is cool to eat Tide Pods, too. Do we close down the entire country, put millions of people out of work, destroy thousands of small businesses, deprive children of their education, endanger the lives of people by forcing them to inject a different poison, and create widespread fear and panic every time some fool on YouTube eats a Tide Pod? No, we don't. Why? Because, as horrible as this may sound, they are doing it to themselves. We try to educate them to the fact that what they are doing might kill them and hope they will figure it out before they assume room temperature, but that's as far as we can legitimately go. So to use that example, an example that probably involved tens of people worldwide, to justify what you did to billions of people worldwide, is beyond arrogant... it is literally insane!

Strike one.

Treating pandemic choices as a scorecard on which some people racked up more points than others is preventing us from moving forward.

No, Emily. The thing that is preventing us from moving forward is how you tried to change scientific understanding. You have not only harmed billions of people, but in your haste to do so, you destroyed the one thing, science, that could correct your errors. That is what is preventing us from moving forward, the fact that most people do not know who to believe. You and your intentional actions are preventing us from moving forward and I see no indication you intend to stop the easily predictable results of those actions.

Strike two.

We have to put these fights aside and declare a pandemic amnesty. We can leave out the willful purveyors of actual misinformation while forgiving the hard calls that people had no choice but to make with imperfect knowledge.

Leniency for me, none for thee, Emily?

Worse, you ask for leniency for those who were wrong, including those who continued to maintain their errors in the face of actual science, preferring to destroy the integrity of science rather than listen to what it was saying, and who even now are still busily engaged in continuing their nefarious agendas, while still wanting prosecution for those who fought against your nefarious agendas. That's akin to a bank robber who tripped and hurt his back as he tried to escape asking for leniency while filing a civil suit for injuries!

Just how arrogant can one person be?

Strike three. You're out. Go sit down in the dugout and shut up.

You hurt people, Emily. You seriously hurt people in a way that cannot be undone. How many people died alone and terrified, because in their last few precious moments of life they could not even see their family and loved ones? How many of those family and loved ones were stripped of the one chance they had to say goodbye top someone they loved? How many will spend the rest of their lives in slow grief because they were denied the chance to grieve properly?

How many people have died as a direct result of your so-called "vaccines"? You know, the ones that were so terrible at every metric that you had to change the literal definition of "vaccine" to classify them as such? Sure, not everyone did... only a few scant percent so far... but likely more than would have died from the virus they were supposed to prevent.

How many people were denied the simplest things in life? Going to a store to get supplies? Seeing a concert? Seeing friends in church? Medical care? All because they were medically unable to wear that face diaper you pushed for so hard. Sure, you put in medical exemptions, but more often than not they were ignored because of the panic you created.

How many people lost everything they had worked a lifetime for? How many small businesses did you shut down? How many entire families will spend generations now trying to recover form the abject poverty you forced them into?

No, Emily, I cannot forgive someone who has not demonstrated some indication that they actually regret their mistakes. I cannot grant amnesty if I cannot forgive. I cannot grant leniency to someone who is still doing the same thing that caused them to need leniency. You did your crimes, and you still try to do your crimes. Your request is the height of insincerity and worth far, far less than the paper it is written on, even though that paper itself is virtual.

I will, however, in the interest of humanity, grant this: I do not wish to see you hang from a noose. Throughout most of history, that would be the minimum price for the crimes against humanity you have committed. Life in prison is sufficient.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Are you commenting on the topic in question here or just spamming anywhere you can with your left wing/transgender hating?

THe second sentence in your post is nothing to do with the topic, you should have stopped after the first one.

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

I don't see why an amnesty can exist for those who may have committed serious crimes.

In relation to your encounters, we all know what happens when the left is trying to influence common sense and science. You get weird results such as a genderless society, climate change doom and gloom scenarios, and left wing epidemiology.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was neither promoting or criticising her mate.

Someone asked a question and I copied a section of her wikipedia entry to try and answer it.

I'd never heard of her until it cropped up here.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Same.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well said, Red.

I think Emily has an integrity problem that apologies won't fix, ever.

I'll forgive, but only so far as next time.

edit on 11/1/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Forgiveness ?

Does that mean they are offering to pay-back every cent lost, by everyone, everywhere, plus financial damages for psychological harm and denial of our pursuit of happiness, bankruptcy for all Vaxx™ makers, firing of all Health-Officials™, resignation of Governments™, and full and complete restitution ?

Didn't think so ...

Ever catch somebody stealing from you ?

That's what they do : break down into tears, and use their whiney voice to give a gazillion excuses for themselves.

The gig is up.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The problem with that is, "next time" is still happening.

If everyone who pushed for the face masks, lockdowns, and vaccines were to come right out and say, "We were wrong. We are reversing our narrative and we ask for forgiveness," maybe I could forgive. But that's not happening, and I don't see it ever happening now. The same people who did this to us are doubling down even in the face of irrefutable evidence.

There's also a world of difference between forgiving and forgetting. Even if I forgive, I will not forget. That means their reputation is shot forever and they will never again have my trust. Real life does not always come with "do-overs."

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The problem with that is, "next time" is still happening.

If everyone who pushed for the face masks, lockdowns, and vaccines were to come right out and say, "We were wrong. We are reversing our narrative and we ask for forgiveness," maybe I could forgive. But that's not happening, and I don't see it ever happening now. The same people who did this to us are doubling down even in the face of irrefutable evidence.

There's also a world of difference between forgiving and forgetting. Even if I forgive, I will not forget. That means their reputation is shot forever and they will never again have my trust. Real life does not always come with "do-overs."

TheRedneck

"I will" 👈 future tense.

I've been SCREAMING everything you just posted.

NEVER FORGET!!!

edit on 11/1/2022 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I know you have.

Normal people do not forget. Forgetting is the exact opposite of learning, and leads to an inability to function. You've been screaming; the rest of us are just waiting on that opportunity to escape the tyranny. We're not forgetting; we're learning.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I know you have.

Normal people do not forget. Forgetting is the exact opposite of learning, and leads to an inability to function. You've been screaming; the rest of us are just waiting on that opportunity to escape the tyranny. We're not forgetting; we're learning.

TheRedneck

Well, if anyone is learning anything from anyone, it's me learning from you.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Excellent post. Redneck!

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

At least we in the UK are getting an open Public Inquiry into all this.

You might be interested in following it?

covid19.public-inquiry.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

At least we in the UK are getting an open Public Inquiry into all this.

You might be interested in following it?

covid19.public-inquiry.uk...

It's very different to what many would like to see happening i.e Nuremberg 2.0

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I seen that, chances of UK government officials handing over their Whatsapp chat logs unredacted?

My guess is a snowballs chance in hell.

I'd assume anything nefarious would be discussed on a more secure platform, probably before or after a masked orgy. Still, there could be some slips.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Not a bad start, though?

It's all open.

Hence "Public Inquiry".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join