It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with ALL Religions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

So it's a people problem, imagine that.

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Religion aside, there is a wealth of information in old religious texts.

I LOVE the Bible as literature.

From Corinthians, this is posted on my frig:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DevotedResearcher

The metaphor that Zeee used came into the discussion at about 23:35. Dr. Ana was talking about quantum potential. She explained that it is part of the quantum field.

She said that ideas exist in quantum potential before they manifest into physical reality.

Zeee responded that as a Christian she understands that principle as tantamount (my paraphrase) to when God "spoke" the world into existence.

I wonder whether ALL the world's organized religions have a comparable thing to say about how the Creator created.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

NOT A CHANCE!!

What's the point?

I love it when the first five recent posts have NOTHING to do with a mudpit.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Religion is the frame that's apparently more valuable than the picture according to many of their ardent followers.

My opinion is they're poorly constructed and showcase a ripped out part of a tapestry that's much more colourful and lively than the dead bits of cloth and wood religions laud over.

The thing is if you ditched the frame you'd still be the cloth that it was showcasing and you could be threaded back into the fold... It's hubris to think 'outsiders' will ever penetrate that holy wooden frame of yours though and that'll go for any conversation a religious person will ever have.

Doesn't matter if we're going to talk about covid, the environment or even how the world ends... As someone who doesn't follow organised religions I'm ok with that, are you?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

Perhaps you have a point.

But organized religion, overall, throughout history, has done more harm than good, in my opinion, because I feel that the organizers of religion throughout history have not done what they did for the good of we the people.

What you "feel" is not in line with historical fact, as regards organized Christianity

- Only organized Christianity is responsible for the establishment of schools for children starting in the middle ages until today
- Only organized Christianity is responsible for the establishment of hospitals ( From Chevaliers hospitalier) that led to modern medicine
- Only organized Christianity is responsible for the establsihement of Universities that led to our modern world
- Only organized Christianty is responsible for the Renaissance, which led to our modern world

NO OTHER RELIGION OR GROUP, ORGANIZED OR NOT has done as much positive for humanity than organized Christianity. Historical FACT !

On the other hand, organized atheism, communism, has led to the greatest human genocide in history, with over 100 million DEAD in just 100 years.
Historical FACT
edit on 30-10-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's very astute.

What I struggle with is NOT dismissing patriotic Americans doing the HARD WORK, of trying to wake up normies, because they have a Christian cross on their logo.

One thing I'd like to point out to everyone is that the U.S. is NOT a Christian nation.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

The Founding Fathers had the benefit of world history as a teacher when they made decisions for a new nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Plenty of other groups did the things you claim they didn't. You're looking at history with a Christian lense.

Did you ever consider that such needs as health, wealth and education didn't need such well defined institutions in the past? The Romans had schools, places of healing, philosophy, it had temples that practiced charity too.

So did the Ottomans, look up their charity stones/pillars which is a marvelous bit of culture they embodied.

You're looking at history as if everyone was primitive beasts before Christianity came around. The reality is Christianity had 1700 years to work it's magic and the things you mention have been accessable for much longer, just not to the masses.

The faith and ideals of mankind towards each other spawns these works you claim are christian and your ideas are borrowed anyways.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

All the accomplishments of humans in history could have been done without religion. Humans are creative and cooperative by nature.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

They won't listen to the content if they detect a Christian overtone, in their mind they've heard it all before.

A little bit like how you mention "normies" when you do that you're building a border yourself isn't it only logical to define the differences after that? Where we focus is really important...

Religious freedom is a gift most won't practice these days, it's also a right though so I don't blame people for getting 'angst' their freedom is being infringed, any religious overtone can have that effect on people really. It's not just religion we're active participants on a whole range of dividing issues.

I'm neither Christian or American btw, I do have a lot of love and respect for people who are those things though. I find if the dogs want to bite then maybe my approach was wrong, sometimes though you're just dealing with rabid dogs

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
They won't listen to the content if they detect a Christian overtone, in their mind they've heard it all before.

Who is "they"?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Anyone you talk to that detect religious overtones in your voice and doesn't want to hear it.

Not saying that's what you do just using 'you' in terms of explaining.

You might find learning to speak differently changes the harmony of the conversation. Nobody likes being talked at... I hope this better explains what I'm trying to say.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Plenty of other groups did the things you claim they didn't. You're looking at history with a Christian lense.

Did you ever consider that such needs as health, wealth and education didn't need such well defined institutions in the past? The Romans had schools, places of healing, philosophy, it had temples that practiced charity too.

So did the Ottomans, look up their charity stones/pillars which is a marvelous bit of culture they embodied.

You're looking at history as if everyone was primitive beasts before Christianity came around. The reality is Christianity had 1700 years to work it's magic and the things you mention have been accessable for much longer, just not to the masses.

The faith and ideals of mankind towards each other spawns these works you claim are christian and your ideas are borrowed anyways.

What other cultures produced was sporadic.

You can try to deny history as much as you want, but yes, the world WAS primitive before West European Organized Christianity came around.

NO OTHER CULTURE PRODUCED THE MODERN WORLD OF TODAY
NONE !

Open a history book sometime

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All the accomplishments of humans in history could have been done without religion. Humans are creative and cooperative by nature.

Not at all.

Recorded history PROVES this, as no other culture produced the modern world, and the world's only atheist culture, Communism, only managed to produce human misery and 100 million DEAD

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

As I said how long did it take Europeans to discover these things under Christianity? 1500-1700 years?

You should relax a bit and not be so convinced your history books were wholesome with the facts.

You even mentioned the renaissance... It's ironic that Europeans were remembering and what spawned from that awakening, some would say it was illuminating. There's other cultures and beliefs that can 'remember' too not that I expect you to understand or open any books.

Do you think we'd have covid vaccines without all the gifts of western European Christians?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Anyone you talk to that detect religious overtones in your voice and doesn't want to hear it.

That's me—I don't want to hear it—religious talk, that is.

So far I have not been able to TALK to anyone about what's really going on in the world.

The only option for me is WRITING on forums.

edit on 10/30/2022 by DevotedResearcher because: Clarify

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

As I said how long did it take Europeans to discover these things under Christianity? 1500-1700 years?

You should relax a bit and not be so convinced your history books were wholesome with the facts.

You even mentioned the renaissance... It's ironic that Europeans were remembering and what spawned from that awakening, some would say it was illuminating. There's other cultures and beliefs that can 'remember' too not that I expect you to understand or open any books.

Do you think we'd have covid vaccines without all the gifts of western European Christians?

NO OTHER CULTURE PRODUCED THE MODERN WORLD.
FACT

Look at the names of key scientists - ALL European/Western Christians with very few exceptions
Look at the various institutions - ALL of European/Western Christian origin with very few exceptions
Look at all the firsts in Engineering or Science - ALL of European/Western Christian origin with very few exceptions

Yes, you do that, YOU go and open any book and prove the opposite
Good luck !

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

NOT A CHANCE!!

What's the point?I

I love it when the first five recent posts have NOTHING to do with a mudpit.

I understand your reticence.

However....

The Problem with ALL Religions

Zealots aren't doing organized religion any favors, eh?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Conversation is a dance... I have two left feet.

Expression is important to us all, so many things affect social interactions, lighting affects mood for instance.

Coming into a conversation loaded with a mindset will have people unconsciously 'reading the room' and that's never going to give opportune moments for real exchanges of information.

What's important to you isn't important to others. One way to look at it is to say "I'm not their teacher, I'm not their hero. I'm just here for conversation." If you did that people might listen to you, they may feel listened to also.

It releases feel-good endorphins and chemicals, we think better with those in our systems.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Why should I go read your books (that you didn't reference) to defend your POV?

I see how you didn't address at all my alluding to how everything that's wrong with the modern world falls directly at the responsibility of Christianity, going by your way of thinking.

You didn't address the fact that peasants shovelled crap for atleast 1000 years before they got a whiff of a bath... It's a sin to wash you see lol.

I'm glad you found something that tells you how the world works just remember you're the biggest hypocrite of them all to disagree with a single inch of this marvelous Christian world.

Relax a little, things are really good apparently.
edit on 30-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: Tidy

edit on 30-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join