It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Names Otherwise Known as You Answer To WHAT???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
People name their pets all kinds of ridiculousness.

This isn't about that. It's about your pet deciding it will only respond to some off the wall name. I'm a firm believer that pets pick their own name eventually. Figuring out what that is is just one of many pet adventures your critter is going to drag you into.

So.
Have you ever said something you KNEW would end badly but it was too late?
Long story short. I screwed up royally. My little black feral cat who for lack of inspiration on my part was called Lbk (Little black kitten)
for a year was answering to "beanie" cause I once referred to her as "String bean".

You think I'd remember to never have a thought I didn't blabber.
For whatever reason this year as beanie got her winter fur jam on, her tail fur went ape-crap looking like she's permanently
wigged out. And then it happened. It was too late!

I said it.
"Look at you!! Princess Fuzzy-butt!!"
I can no longer have friends or family over cause I'm NEVER saying her new self-identifier of a idiot name in front of any human
who may have respected me before assuming I purposely picked this insane crazy cat person of a name intentionally. She no longer answers to beanie. She's chosen her ideal moniker. At this point all you have to do is think that name an AUGH!!! She's right there!!
It's like being stalked by a diminutive PeeWee Herman.

Pretty sure other people are in this same boat.
It would greatly cheer me up to know other bizarre pet names that "Stuck".

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

My dog has a name, but I never use it.

She responds to clicks and whistles because that's how I trained her, but really most of the time all I have to do is look at her and she knows what to do.

I think the only real word I use towards her is "get" when she's irritating the hell out of me.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
When my nephew passed, I inherited his goldfish. Long story.

Anyway, I never really thought to name him (or her), but a friend insisted I name it. "You can't just keep calling it The Fish." I never really saw the point, but to keep the peace I thought about it.

Problem is, I'm really bad with remembering names. Someone I've known for decades, if I haven't seen them in a year or two, I could look them dead in the face and not remember their name. It can be really embarrassing at times, but the people who know me let it pass.

I think I've named the fish at least five times, but I always forgot what I named it. It's not like I call the fish, or talk to it.

But a couple of months ago, I came up with the perfect name. I call it The Doctor, after the character in Star Trek Voyager. It's stuck in the aquarium, like The Doctor was stuck in sickbay. And he never came up with a name for himself. It was a name I'll remember.

I still don't call the fish or talk to it, but I do see The Doctor every day.

I apologize to everyone who read that little anecdote. I owe you five minutes of your life back.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

My dog is called Guinness, he thinks his name is no.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Perfect,
Once you forget agian he will become Doctor who?

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A homeless kittie walked up to my husband on the porch, we kept her and named her 'Daisy Mae' -
which my husband promptly changed to 'Stinky'!

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

We have a cat named Catnip Everbean.

True story.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

This is my cat,Mohammad Abdul; he is named in honor of his Persian abcestry. My hubby tells people we use the Arabic pronounciation....which is Smoosh. Then he tells them his nickname for Smoosh- 'Princess Pretty Pants'.

In order for him to agree to me getting a cat was to let him pick the name. I really, really, really wanted this cat.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ah forgot hand signals. Very important when being quiet is important.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
😂😂😂
Laughing like crazy because "Princess fuzzy butt" or "Princess fluffy butt" is the nickname for my dog. Literally call her one or the other daily. Her name is Karma but to me she's just my fluffy little puppy. She doesn't seem to mind as long as I scratch her backside at the same time.😂

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I’ve a cat called Mesayso

Twitchy little rascal

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   

My daughter christened the cat I got for my wife as a surprise Christmas present.

With an air of sophistication she proudly proclaimed the cat's name would be Milla, which I changed to Mielies (Mee-lees) which basically translates to 'corn'.

Now even my daughter calls her Corn.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Outside cats keep disappearing out here in the country, and Ive stopped naming them instead just say "Cat" and more often "Mao" not for any chinese reasons just the sound

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

My cat's name is Little Richard but he answers to Pants, Pantaloons and RIIIIICHAAARD!

He is named after my ex who is a very good friend and the nicknames Pants and Pantaloons comes from his winter coat that looks like he has pants on lol He is a fluffy black kitty.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

HOW CUTE!!!!

Love everyone's nicknames for their cats lol I dont know anyone who calls their cat by their given name except the vet lol

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We have a rotten little kitty cat... he ended up with us, after eating his previous human's fish and birds.

I renamed him "Nibbler". Futurama fans will get it...

We love the little turd

ETA: No, he doesn't poop dark matter... but, he is trying...
edit on 28-10-2022 by madmac5150 because: Reasons

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
We have two Siamese mixes (from the same litter) One presents traditional Seal point colors, the other a Lynx point.

Our Seal point is a squirrely-ass high-energy nutcase (but oh-so-cuddly loveable!) He's been called Fruitcake a lot lately, and Kamikaze (the play fights can get unreal in creativity)

Our Lynx point is a much more mellow guy. Unlike his limber brother, whom often seems to become boneless at will to escape being pinned down, this one is more... A lumbering sumo wrestler. His best defense is his weight & he knows it. He's not fat, they're larger cats, just one is a very limber & slender build, while the other is a muscle mass of Brick #house.

Basically, the only way he can win a play fight, is if he sits on his brother first (not even kidding)

That said, he's affectionately dubbed Buddy, and Fuzz. And Fuzzy Buddy.
Mostly by me.
Because he's my big ol' fuzzy buddy

originally posted by: madmac5150
We have a rotten little kitty cat... he ended up with us, after eating his previous human's fish and birds.

I renamed him "Nibbler". Futurama fans will get it...

We love the little turd

ETA: No, he doesn't poop dark matter... but, he is trying...

Nibbler, lmao, I love that! I wonder if he'd speak in the same kind of deep-toned accent, too

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: collie

Oh Good Lord!!
I haven't laughed this hard in a month!!! I would also be mocking the fish daily.
"Tardis budget cuts?"
"I respected you more with the scarf"
Finding a miniature Dalek for that fishes tank would be my new mission in life.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

We call it "Who wants Puppy-butts!!" cause altho dogs usually can scratch their own itches,but the backside of their rear legs or base of the tail they can't manage. Once the word you have fingernails goes out Pups line up for the scritches.
My Daughter is part of a neighborhood dog group. They all do daily group walks or visits.

If I'm there I can scritch dogs till I develop Carpal Tunnel.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ok give!!
There has to be one heck of a story behind that name.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join