It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next pandemic may come from melting glaciers, new data shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If you thought the possibility of flaming tsunami tidal waves that ignite the upper atmosphere on fire, because of human energy needs, was bad... get a load of this:

Analysis of Arctic lake suggests viruses and bacteria locked in ice could reawaken and infect wildlife

The next pandemic may come not from bats or birds but from matter in melting ice, according to new data.

Genetic analysis of soil and lake sediments from Lake Hazen, the largest high Arctic freshwater lake in the world, suggests the risk of viral spillover – where a virus infects a new host for the first time – may be higher close to melting glaciers.

The findings imply that as global temperatures rise owing to climate change, it becomes more likely that viruses and bacteria locked up in glaciers and permafrost could reawaken and infect local wildlife, particularly as their range also shifts closer to the poles.

Oh no! Damn, they've been running us all on movie tropes such as Contagion (2011), and Outbreak (1995). Oh crappola Dustin Hoffman, its gone AIRBORNE its blasting through the ductwork because somebody breathed! But everything gets old. Sure, they'll do some reboots I guess. But you still gotta one-up the game.

CLIMATE CHANGE! Or is it GLOBAL WARMING? I forget. So now the glaciers are going, because we suck. And deserve it for sure by now.

Damn. There might be insect viruses we dont know about. Imagine the Locust Pox Pandemic. There's no telling. There could be baddies from 68 million years ago that have gene therapy'esque pathways, in mammals, that are released, and cause genetic mutations. No no no no!

The Fly (1986)

Even worse, millions of years of meteorites crashing into the planet. Into the frozen poles. No telling what extraterrestrial dangers lurk on this planet right now. And if specialized locust viruses could mutate our DNA and such, well what might alien microbeasties be able to do mammalian DNA? Okay here you go Hollyweird possessed MSN, I give you John Carpenter's the likewise glacier thawed The Thing (1982):

That kind of reminds me of The Fly actually:

Either way we're screwed and are going to need tons of masks.

Yikes. So then how can they one up all that? Yeah, zombies, but that's too easy. How about the time poor Val Kilmer, he faced a fancy glacier bio nightmare in The Thaw (2009):

That is, prehistoric insects that infect you with their eggs and all that Botfly kind of grossness. Real world, insects carry various pathogens they spread to all forms of creatures from plants to humans. So all of the above could come from a bite from them, perhaps.

Wait, lets slow down here, maybe, just maybe, there could be a life extension outcome here. Like in Fortitude, the 2015 TV series. That one had bugs too. And they tended to make people insane and violent, which it seems like there's something like that going around if you watch the "news". But the bright side was, that there was a way to harness it and live 'forever'.

Or, some might just use actual technology to reach towards those ends, and use paranoia rabblers like COVID to keep us all crazy, perhaps soft kill us in the process, while we're too pre-occupied to pay any attention to 'them'.

That might just be a damn good movie, except for its already on TV everyday.

edit on 24-10-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sounds promising, or not.

🤮 👽

lol in your opening segment you mention bats. It makes me chuckle "All hail Shakaka, the great white bat." I hope you don't eat bat meat in the Chinese wet market.

edit on bSun, 23 Oct 2022 22:52:09 -050020223110America/ChicagoSun, 23 Oct 2022 22:52:09 -050010pm10 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

" Next pandemic may come from melting glaciers, new data shows "

..." may " ............

Yeah , and I may take a Leak in the Next tens minutes , but I just don't know........

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Timely thread.

I was just reading about this subject the other night.

I suspect global warming has to do with the Earth’s magnetosphere, pole wandering, and how that plays into our atmospheric homeostasis (of sorts).

The natural phenomenon that lead to warming will impact some places more than others. North America will be notably impacted.

But, you’ll also get a lot of ice melt should the climate adjust even a bit more over the next decade. Who knows what’s in there…

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Well, if those viruses are from the past, and we are here now, it suggest our ancestors/mammals survived those infections back in the day and therefore so should we.

Nothingburger.

Just dipshyte propaganda to help Al Gore et all sell some of their snake oil climate carbon credits BS

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
they are in the permafrost

most likely.

anyway you slice it it sucks.

hell, a meteor could bring something nasty or already did but it froze.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

" ZHARKOVA, 2020:
“The Sun has entered into the modern Grand Solar Minimum (2020–2053) that will lead to a significant reduction of solar magnetic field and activity like during Maunder minimum leading to noticeable reduction of terrestrial temperature.

“From 1645 to 1710, the temperatures across much of the Northern Hemisphere of the Earth plunged when the Sun entered a quiet phase now called the Maunder Minimum. This likely occurred because the total solar irradiance was reduced by 0.22%. That led to a decrease of the average terrestrial temperature measured mainly in the Northern hemisphere in Europe by 1.0–1.5°C.

“The reduction of a terrestrial temperature during the next 30 years can have important implications for different parts of the planet on growing vegetation, agriculture, food supplies, and heating needs in both Northern and Southern hemispheres.

“This global cooling during the upcoming grand solar minimum (2020–2053) can offset for three decades any signs of global warming and would require inter-government efforts to tackle problems with heat and food supplies for the whole population of the Earth.”

electroverse.co...

I am Sure the Climate Cult on the Left are aware of this SCIENCE , but Choose to Ignore it in Favor of their Political Objective of Conning the Public into Believing their Outright LIES...........

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I got my money on our Next Pandemic coming from a lab.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Next pandemic is already on the schedule by fauci and Billy gates.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Well, if those viruses are from the past, and we are here now, it suggest our ancestors/mammals survived those infections back in the day and therefore so should we.

Nothingburger.

Just dipshyte propaganda to help Al Gore et all sell some of their snake oil climate carbon credits BS

What a short sighted thing to say. This is "blue sky" paranoia grade potential. The entire planet might just be strip-mined for the resources required to construct all of the masks and toilet paper required to survive it. Then we run out. Suddenly theres no more stray cats around...

...you think this is a joke?!?

Manatees WILL go extinct choking on masks by the time it "ends".

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Glad you posted this 👍🏼

It would be a perfect excuse for a plandemic, the sheep would suck this up in a heartbeat.
Also, it's even a real possibility. Scientists have already discovered organisms that can survive in the harshest conditions.

Snf

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Oh well, sorry can't come into work today:

"i''ve got the Neanderthal #s.

You what, sorry - oh you've got the Homo Erectus sniffles?

Well let's pray for Mke, he's got Australopithecus crotch"!

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Next pandemic is already on the schedule by fauci and Billy gates.

Perhaps they can do mammalian chimera variants like in The Island of Doctor Moreau. At least it isn't phylumaracist! Not so much anyways. There's room for debate. Maybe even, enough seeds for infighting!

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
At the seemingly exponential rate that the human race is expanding numerically, there will undoubtably be a biological check to the total population of the planet and it's going to come in this form. It's simply a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Lol the neanderflu

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein

If you thought the possibility of flaming tsunami tidal waves that ignite the upper atmosphere on fire, because of human energy needs, was bad... get a load of this:

Analysis of Arctic lake suggests viruses and bacteria locked in ice could reawaken and infect wildlife

The next pandemic may come not from bats or birds but from matter in melting ice, according to new data.

Genetic analysis of soil and lake sediments from Lake Hazen, the largest high Arctic freshwater lake in the world, suggests the risk of viral spillover – where a virus infects a new host for the first time – may be higher close to melting glaciers.

The findings imply that as global temperatures rise owing to climate change, it becomes more likely that viruses and bacteria locked up in glaciers and permafrost could reawaken and infect local wildlife, particularly as their range also shifts closer to the poles.

Oh no! Damn, they've been running us all on movie tropes such as Contagion (2011), and Outbreak (1995). Oh crappola Dustin Hoffman, its gone AIRBORNE its blasting through the ductwork because somebody breathed! But everything gets old. Sure, they'll do some reboots I guess. But you still gotta one-up the game.

CLIMATE CHANGE! Or is it GLOBAL WARMING? I forget. So now the glaciers are going, because we suck. And deserve it for sure by now.

Damn. There might be insect viruses we dont know about. Imagine the Locust Pox Pandemic. There's no telling. There could be baddies from 68 million years ago that have gene therapy'esque pathways, in mammals, that are released, and cause genetic mutations. No no no no!

The Fly (1986)

Even worse, millions of years of meteorites crashing into the planet. Into the frozen poles. No telling what extraterrestrial dangers lurk on this planet right now. And if specialized locust viruses could mutate our DNA and such, well what might alien microbeasties be able to do mammalian DNA? Okay here you go Hollyweird possessed MSN, I give you John Carpenter's the likewise glacier thawed The Thing (1982):

That kind of reminds me of The Fly actually:

Either way we're screwed and are going to need tons of masks.

Yikes. So then how can they one up all that? Yeah, zombies, but that's too easy. How about the time poor Val Kilmer, he faced a fancy glacier bio nightmare in The Thaw (2009):

That is, prehistoric insects that infect you with their eggs and all that Botfly kind of grossness. Real world, insects carry various pathogens they spread to all forms of creatures from plants to humans. So all of the above could come from a bite from them, perhaps.

Wait, lets slow down here, maybe, just maybe, there could be a life extension outcome here. Like in Fortitude, the 2015 TV series. That one had bugs too. And they tended to make people insane and violent, which it seems like there's something like that going around if you watch the "news". But the bright side was, that there was a way to harness it and live 'forever'.

Or, some might just use actual technology to reach towards those ends, and use paranoia rabblers like COVID to keep us all crazy, perhaps soft kill us in the process, while we're too pre-occupied to pay any attention to 'them'.

That might just be a damn good movie, except for its already on TV everyday.

We already know that pandemics are highly associated with global warming. Furthermore what else could it be? If it's not the virus it must global warming and climate change. If it's not global warming and climate change it must be the virus.

Stop eating meat and start eating insects otherwise humanity is doomed. Replace all fossil fuels right now! We have better sources of energy, peanut butter and nutella. And remember that a woman is one who identifies as a woman! Society has finally become genderless.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Next pandemic may come from melting glaciers, new data shows

Never waste an opportunity to prey on people's fears in the name of climate change...

Have you heard How Toxic Masculinity Contributes To Climate Change or Why climate change is inherently racist?

Then, if you really are up to speed on all that, then let me tell you How Preventing Unwanted Pregnancies Can Help on Climate ...

edit on 24-10-2022 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999
Glad you posted this 👍🏼

It would be a perfect excuse for a plandemic, the sheep would suck this up in a heartbeat.
Also, it's even a real possibility. Scientists have already discovered organisms that can survive in the harshest conditions.

Snf

Yeah, once the ice thins enough, or maybe drill down into an untouched arctic lake like the Russians did at the south pole, they'll be out there collecting samples and sending them straight to the labs for some research and development. Got to get there before anyone else does and do some tweaking with CRISPR and some GOF studies on anything they can find before it can emerge on it's own.

"Opps! Looks like we were right and it's a doozy this go around! Good thing we got started before this one escaped, ah, from the melting ice."
edit on 24-10-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am fairly certain they uncovered SOMETHING in Antarctica in the early 2000s

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Definitely not from China though

<<   2 >>

join