It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The First Thought To Grab A Weapon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ring shows someone fiddling around on the porch playing with the front door. Turns out to be plastic bag with unknown contents. Florida has many different types of poisonous snakes. Floria has lots of crazy people hence the expression “Florida Man…” Florida just had a very life altering event literally blow through a few weeks ago. Although Winter Haven, Lake Wales and the rest of Polk County got off light compared to Gulf Coast cities, there was flooding, wind damage and power outages. And you never know where the people at your door are from. They could have been displaced and quite desperate.

So that is why you answer the door with a gun shortly after a natural disaster. You don’t know what the situation is until you can check it out.

Son fired because he thought father was under attack by car that weighs more than a ton. That puts him on the cusp of the threshold for justified use of force. Why did the lady think she was being carjacked? Was the father brandishing in a threatening manner? Like pointing the gun and ordering her out of the car? Did the father fire at all? Why was the lady sitting in the car checking her phone? Text? Facebook? Did she belong in that neighborhood by living there or visiting someone? Just sitting in a running car in a residential area is suspicious activity. Especially if the area is known for burglary or drug sales.

If burglaries and drug sales are common in your area, you tend to be armed investigating something odd at your door.

So I don’t have a problem with them being armed checking their door because something strange happened. Running around the neighborhood armed like escaped Rottweilers looking to get some is the problem.

It sounds like a bad shoot. But there may be other details left out in order to frame the narrative.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Fine answer and check the item left at your door with a weapon. Don't chase down the first person you see, who was not the person who left the item with a gun. I'm sorry, as a female in my car if a male approaches me with a gun, I'm not thinking it's for a friendly chat.

<< 1  2   >>

join