It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Su-34 fighter-bomber Crashes into Apartment Building in western Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The plane is said to have suffered engine failure after taking off and crashed into an apartment building in the city of Yeysk.

The aircraft was identified as a Sukhoi Su-34 fighter jet. The crew managed to eject before the plane crashed, according to the defence ministry.

A large blaze engulfed the building, stoked by jet fuel, and witnesses were quoted by Russia’s Tass news agency as saying it was on fire from the first to the ninth floors. Firefighters were battling the blaze.

“While climbing to perform a training flight from the military airfield of the southern military district, a Su-34 aircraft crashed,” a ministry statement said. “The cause of the crash of the aircraft was a fire in one of the engines during takeoff.”

The Interfax news agency quoted emergency services as saying five floors of the apartment building were on fire, the upper floors had collapsed and about 45 apartments were damaged.
www.aljazeera.com...

Footage from the scene.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Losing an engine on takeoff would definitely do it.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not sure I trust it. An Instagram link.
www.instagram.com...

Looks like a door cam.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Knowing how the Ukrainian sources had lied previously like this.

While using in game footage's or CGi..

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Not sure I trust it. An Instagram link.
www.instagram.com...

Looks like a door cam.

The plane seems added in. Camera fixed in.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That looks frightening.

Hope everyone is ok.

edit on 17-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

In a telegram post (in Russian), the governor of the Krasnodar territory, which Yeysk is part of, said he was on his way to the town and all regional and local fire services were battling the blaze.

The Kremlin has ordered national and regional authorities to provide "all necessary assistance" to victims of the fire in the centre of Yeysk, and senior government officials have been dispatched to co-ordinate a crisis response centre.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Those apartments must be right next to the runway... usually pilots avoid crashing into buildings. 🤪

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

no doubt had to have hand held GPS and weather radar duct tapped to the instrument panel.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

For a better idea.
46.6823052, 38.2295640

May have gone eastward. I don't see an apartment complex in the village just north of the runway.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Based on recent news stories...the Russians sabotaged their own plane.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: vNex92

But but... CGI...

Ive watched to many Flatearth debates that when i hear the 'its CGI' argument all i can do is face palm myself so hard it leaves a mark. When in a corner I guess they just choose to spout utter stupidity to ignore reality.

I guess those Sanctions still arent working... /s

We got ruZZian missiles failing and landing on their own territory or hitting their own civilian structures, this is about the 3rd or 4th ruZZian plane to have fallen out of the sky the last few months after take off... wonder what their never maintained nukes are like.

Yet somehow this is the army thats (still) gonna beat Ukraine... maybe once they start recruiting conscripts from nightclubs it'll turn around for them.
edit on 17-10-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Russian engines have always been problematical. We had a Russian VIP come through back in the early 2000s, and I was talking to one of their pilots. They were scheduled to take delivery of western built engines and couldn’t wait. There was an An-124 that crashed a few years prior due to engine failure. Their solution was to line up on the runway, set the parking brake, and go to takeoff power for two minutes. If all four engines were still in the green, they took off.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
An Su-30 on a test flight crashed into a residential area in Irkutsk today after the crew apparently passed out during the flight.

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Anyway we can grab some of that tech?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

There’s all kinds of interesting stuff in the Petting Zoo and on the NTTR ranges that we’ve bought, bartered for, or outright stolen.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's just a pity it'll be twenty plus years before we find out what a lot of that stuff is, us mere mortals that is...

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: QueensOwnHighlander

Mostly just the aircraft. I’ve got pictures of a lot of the stuff at TTR, and they just had to release a list of what’s in the Petting Zoo, because it’s all being moved.

new topics

top topics

join