It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big airline problems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My daughter had about three flights canceled, so I wondered what was really going on, she said she went to one desk and was just told bruskly there were no flights to her destination. She went to another desk and she said they were training a twelve-year-old girl to check luggage. She was joking I think. The official reason is sickness but this has been going on for many months.
I think there are many reasons which were never considered when you lay up a fleet of aircraft for an expended period. The one that keeps coming into my mind because I don't like them is Rodent infestation. They will get into the smallest space, and if poison is laid they will literally chew the wires and or hydraulic lines while they are dying. There are miles of wiring in an airliner, anyone heard of this? I know that if you even lay a motorbike up in a shed, the mice will make a nice cozy nest in the air box, so the vehicle after a layup would have to be checked repeatedly and there doesn't seem to be anyone to do it. But there will certainly be no motivation to check every inch of wiring. www.bitchute.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Eeeeeww, one of many reasons I will absolutely not get on a plane. Screw that. I'll drive before I fly. Even Amtrak is better than flying anywhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wait, what?

I was really looking forward to a video about ROUS’s chewing the wiring in jetliners.

Instead a got the truth you didn’t imply.

Cheers for making me giggle.

“Never gonna give you up” plays in the background*

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

When aircraft are stored they’re sealed up tightly, and inspected every so often. Long term storage, with aircraft that are returning to service will periodically be started up again to check systems.

The problems airlines are having now are of their own making. At the start of the pandemic they couldn’t ground planes and get rid of staff fast enough. They offered some insane early retirement packages to pilots, while complaining about a pilot shortage just before the pandemic. So now they have a huge chunk of their senior staff that’s retired and not coming back, a lot of people that aren’t interested in their jobs because they aren’t making $200/hr, and huge staff shortages.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Add crippling the airline industry to the ever growing list of biden blunders.

The elites don't want the useless eaters traveling around outside of your metaverse cricket feed pods anyways so I think they're gonna consider that one a win. Besides as long as they've got there own unjabbed pilots to scamper them about in its fine.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starshift

The airlines didn’t need any help from anyone. And this started before Biden. They’ve been screwing themselves for many years all by themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Some airlines used the bailout money they got from the government (which was intended to pay employees to keep them on the payroll) to pay out those retirements Zaph mentioned. Airline execs are very short-term thinkers. On top of that, even if enough qualified people were looking for work, companies don’t have the means to onboard them fast enough. It takes time plus money.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Some airlines used the bailout money they got from the government (which was intended to pay employees to keep them on the payroll) to pay out those retirements Zaph mentioned. Airline execs are very short-term thinkers. On top of that, even if enough qualified people were looking for work, companies don’t have the means to onboard them fast enough. It takes time plus money.

Also the Pilot shortage is BS. If you go the the pilot forums, there’s tons threads on pilots complaining why they didn’t get an interview, nor even a call back. It’s all BS.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

The pilot shortage is the same as the truck driver shortage, and is driven by the companies. The reason for the driver shortage is crap pay. You can’t make real money until you’ve driven for a year or two, but you can’t live on starting pay for that long and make money.

The pilot shortage is being driven because the airlines don’t like the 1500 hour requirement for the ATP license. If they can artificially create a pilot shortage, they can push to reduce that time requirement. They’ve already started trying to have it dropped.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They need to drop that bogus ATP-CTP requirement too. That’s 7 days of nonsensical BS training to get the sign off to take the ATP written test, even if you have two lunar landings, flew F-4’s in Nam and have 10,000 hours of jet time. No CTP class, no written, no ATP checkride.

The ATP-CTP school is between 4 & 6 thousand dollars out of pocket. Some regionals pay it, but after you sign a contract for pay a McDonald’s burger flipper would laugh at.
edit on 16-9-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

" Even Amtrak is better than flying anywhere."

Yes , and there are a Better Class of Rats on Amtrak . They are Courteous Enough to get Off at the Next Stop ...
edit on 16-9-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yes , and there are a Better Class of Rats on Amtrak . They are Courteous Enough to get Off at the Next Stop ...

OMG, that made me laugh! Yeah, I'm sure the rats on Amtrak have more class. I remember one overnight train trip I was on, in First Class roomette, where I had gone to eat dinner. I had gotten a welcome package of a small split of wine and crackers. When I got back to my roomette, some of the crackers had bite marks on them. I was really freaked out. The room attendant said that was an ongoing problem, apologized, and gave me another package. I was looking at the floor the rest of the night.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

OMG, that made me laugh! Yeah, I'm sure the rats on Amtrak have more class. I remember one overnight train trip I was on, in First Class roomette, where I had gone to eat dinner. I had gotten a welcome package of a small split of wine and crackers. When I got back to my roomette, some of the crackers had bite marks on them. I was really freaked out. The room attendant said that was an ongoing problem, apologized, and gave me another package. I was looking at the floor the rest of the night.

Yes , and the Cultured Rats Leave no Crumbs....*)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

They need to leave the hours requirement, but revamp the licensing requirement. We saw what happened with Lion Air and Ethiopian what can happen when you have a low hour pilot in a serious emergency.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree, however that program is a joke. All it does is make the process expensive and a pain in the rear for the person. That price doesn’t include hotels, rental car, and airline ticket. My friends who went through it say it’s worthless.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Airships, blimps, weren't we going back to that concept in travel? Seems I remember something about that.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I know three people who had their flights cancelled in the last three months. It screwed up their plans royally. Airlines are becoming unreliable, it is better to just stay in your area to vacation or to drive where you are planning to go.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I always think it is about the most technical and complex way of getting around it sounds good on paper, super fast, but the added paraphernalia is killing it.
Plus it must be the most technically involved way of getting around with so many essential bits to it, if just one thing goes wrong it ends up worse than having to walk.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: starshift

The airlines didn’t need any help from anyone. And this started before Biden. They’ve been screwing themselves for many years all by themselves.

In April I drove from Chicago to Atlanta and back.

In August I flew from Chicago to Atlanta and back.

Flying was much less annoying.

edit on 9/16/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
My daughter had about three flights canceled, so I wondered what was really going on, she said she went to one desk and was just told bruskly there were no flights to her destination. She went to another desk and she said they were training a twelve-year-old girl to check luggage. She was joking I think. The official reason is sickness but this has been going on for many months.

The airlines could be focusing on transporting illegal aliens. 2 million are being relocated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join