It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heretical Musings: The Lucifer Trigger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Off the bat, you're likely going to scoff. But hear it out.

If one were to boil down the crux of that bit of mythos into a single point of motivation it's this; Lucifer committed self-immolation over a prideful opposition to something he didn't like being unfairly forced on him.  Strip it of everything but the defiant impulse and there it is.

That flaming sword does more to shape society than anything else, especially if you consider it's nuanced and amoral manifestation.  It speaks to the master and slave more than the righteousness of any explicit morality.

In the bible it affirms that for you, what is good and evil is set, the sheppard and flock are known.

But when you slide that into 30 CE Jerusalem... The master is most assuredly the Empire of Rome revitalized by Caesar Augustus and continued by his step son. Reflected in biblical terms Rome was the tyrant. Rome was evil.

You know that among the Gentiles (that is, the Romans) those whom they recognize as their rulers lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. It must not be so among you” (Mark 10:42)

peacetheology.net...

Jesus' rise was antinomian. Against the status quo. Against unnecessary payment to Imperialist Rome that Jesus saw having no right to levy in the first place.

He taught defiance in line with the teachings of the Torah, but he taught defiance none the less.  And I think it was a fire inside that couldn't let the hypocrisy stand.

And that  hypocrisy was the annexation of Judea in 6 CE and subsequent census and taxation by Rome. Their own forced inclusion in Augustus Caesar's NWO. Some things don't change. People don't like changes in the ideology of their power structure.

In the minds of Judean this was occupation, yet again. For all Rome preached religious tolerance so much for anyone's autonomy. Jesus pretty much was born into this.

It was a world rife for a defiant martyr.

The Trigger Today:

You can find it by following unwanted authority.  Let's say the status quo says; "All 8-12 year olds will be indoctrinated with pronouns and confusing identity pablum in line with our utopic vision for tomorrow."

Here the trigger is still defiance against that unnecessary or rejected status quo. It would be whatever inside the person says, "This will get back at them for all their worthless authoritative bulls#. F# their pronouns, I'll teach my child of animallian dichotomies instead. And I'll teach my child to defy them."

That's the impulse to oppose. That is the firey response to unwanted dictates. Same as Lucifer towards god, same as Jesus towards Rome. And perhaps most uncomfortable of all, same as Osama Bin Laden towards the Great Satan of Western Culture. It gets especially trying when the violence is justified by morality. But nothing new. On culture's evil is another's righteous hand.

The impulse is beyond of the reach of explicit morality. In the end it gets either called a sacrifice for the good of mankind or angry jihadist Saudi rich kid s#.  This depends mostly on the moral status quo of the culture viewing it.

Is there a natural way of morality? A master programmed way to it all?

Don't know. Can't answer that. All I can say for sure is compassion (empathy) is generally beneficial to an intelligent and social amimal's survival.
edit on 14-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: I officially misspelled compassion. I swear I'm getting dumber as I age.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
No responses? Curious. Thanks for the read. I enjoyed it.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lucifer an Satan are two completely different characters or figures that ended melding with each other. Satan had many a different interpretations, where as he was subservient to God only, and the later Christian an Islamic that he reveled against his maker.

There was an actual Lucifer even though not directly called Lucifer(which is Latin), and it was Nebuchnezzar the 2nd, and that was when he was over thrown. He called himself King of Kings, Lord of Lords, or even the Morning star while he himself was fallible. There is also the mention of him being a Cherub, which is something like that of town guard or a sentry bot with nuclear capabilities. Meanwhile Jesus calls himself Lucifer, by using the Morning Star.

new topics

join