It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rensselaer County's Republican elections commissioner arrested by FBI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Jason T. Schofield, the Republican Rensselaer County Board of Elections commissioner, was arrested outside his residence Tuesday morning by the FBI and charged with fraudulently obtaining and filing absentee ballots last year using the personal information of at least eight voters without their permission, according to an indictment unsealed in U.S. District Court.

Times Union

The indictment accuses Schofield of using an online state Board of Elections portal to request absentee ballots on behalf of eight voters who had no interest in voting, did not request absentee ballots and didn't know that Schofield was using their personal information to obtain the ballots. The indictment alleges the official "falsely certified" that he was the person requesting the ballot when he entered the voters' names and dates of birth in the portal.

It looks like this is not the only issue this NY county has had -- the article goes into detail about other GOP employees at the board of elections also being subpoenaed for a grand jury this summer. Read article for more details.

Jason Schofield is said to have made no comments and thanked the FBI agents when they took his handcuffs off after the court proceeding. He was released but did not go back to his offices and after his arrest workers with the county's information technology department went into his office and confiscated his electronics.

It's good to know that the law enforcement is working on rooting out the few fraudsters that try to meddle in our elections, even when they work in the elections offices themselves. It's important to note that he has not been found guilty and this is just an indictment, but I can't help but get the feeling the next election might be safer with this guy gone!

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

*sighs*

Thank God!

Democracy is saved!

*whew*

We really dodged a bullet there!

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I wonder if he is one of the soft "mama's boy" Republicans who didn't like mean Tweets?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Safe comment!

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That's great! Now they need to do the same for all the fraudulent votes from the DNC operatives! There's more than enough corruption to cover both parties and needs to be stopped.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: DBCowboy
Safe comment!

I don't want to get audited or jacked by the Feds at Hardee's.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Like I've said here before, the only election fraud—that the right loves to scream about—is actually committed by ...Republicans.

Fact.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
Like I've said here before, the only election fraud—that the right loves to scream about—is actually committed by ...Republicans.

Fact.

You really dropped a serious truthbomb there!

I'd hashtag it, on the Twitter!

Good thing democrats are so honest, amirite?

*fistbump*

(don't leave me hangin' brah)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Fact.

So by your own admission Rs are consistent?

As the kids say, odd flex but ok.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
That's great! Now they need to do the same for all the fraudulent votes from the DNC operatives! There's more than enough corruption to cover both parties and needs to be stopped.

AHahahahahhHahahhhAhhahah

Thats great. You joker you!

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That absentee ballot, which was mailed to Ashe-McPherson's residence, was submitted in the Working Families Party primary election that she won a year ago prior to being re-elected to the City Council in the general election.

Ahh the good old WFP. Color me not shocked at all. Maybe people need to actually research them before thinking this is a republican issue. Just a smidgen of knowledge would make you question what is going on.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Fact.

You should respect what President Biden says, since he is THE LEADER of the Democrats. Biden says HIS PARTY (Democrats) are the best and most prolific at committing voter fraud. Joe Biden brags openly about it in this clip.

IS HE LYING? (Wouldn't be out-of-character)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Fact.

Democrats base their entire political careers on cheating.

Fact.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My gawd ...! That almost swung New York for Trump I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My gawd ...! That almost swung New York for Trump I'm sure.

yup!

only needed another 850,000 votes!

he was so close.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is. We don't get many real republican candidates for anything over here. THAT particular county, though, is a giant effing dumpster fire that someone tried to put out with fresh poo. The main city (Troy) is such a dump that they generally don't bother reporting any real crimes short of especially gruesome murders on the local news. It's just kind of expected and no one really cares, to be perfectly frank. I honestly don't even know how there's fake "republicans" there, it's a complete welfare (D) city.

It's actually such a dump that I'm leaving my job over it. They announced about a month ago that they were moving their operations down there. I'm taking a pay cut to move to our main competitor and stay in the same area because A) I'd rather not leave to go home and find that my car has been stolen which 100% WILL happen at one point or another if you drive something nice and park there frequently enough and 2) they're expecting to literally triple their workforce in a matter of weeks. Which would be perfectly doable considering our more than fair pay for entry level and the lack of any real alternatives in this area. Except for the aforementioned welfare status of the city. I've never met anyone from that city that works. If someone there IS employed it is generally only to satisfy their parole and nothing else.

It's also such a waste of space that GODKING SCHUMER took it on as a pet project years ago (repairs, development, tourism as it's only about 10 minutes from Albany) and very quietly began distancing himself less than a month later until it reached the point that no one remembers. Except, of course, Pepperidge Farms.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Woah LOL this just absolutely confirms the steal for me

So absentee ballots were really that easy woooowwww what a circus

The FBI finds 8 fraudulent ballots on a Republican

But not the hundreds of thousands of fraudulent proven in 2000 mules?

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
FYI:

The FBI normally doesn't arrest/raid political or related individuals, less than 60 days before a major election.

The FBI normally doesn't arrest/raid election related people while top U.S. allies are grieving the loss of their President, Queen, King, etc..

MORE SIGNS of how DESPERATE and FEARFUL our Department of Justice is, at the moment.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*sighs*

Thank God!

Democracy is saved!

hehe not yet, buddy. Step by step.

Guys like this are at the bottom of the pyramid. But the walls are closing in on the fraudsters and liars at the top.

Once all the recent seditionists are behind bars -- I think you'll be able to say that again at that time.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Republican votes in New York? Obviously they were fraudulent.

<<   2 >>

join