It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You want to Round up to Donate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: VierEyes
a reply to: JAGStorm

Really sick of being asked this. I always say no except for one time when it was an animal rescue charity.

I’d be leery of any of these places.
I once donated to a local charity through work and they never got it. I know because I know the person that ran it.

Definitely involves a level of trust I don't normally afford people.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: oddscreenname
a reply to: TzarChasm

When you round up, that donation is counts as a write off for the company. Nevermind the low percent that actually reaches charity, you're giving those companies a tax break by paying extra.

I find it funny these companies barely want to pay their employees, yet are begging us for some obscure charity.

personally i was always annoyed when i worked for one of those companies that barely pays their employees, and every time we turned around the company was trying to con us out of even more money for this charity or other, really leaning hard about it many times. and i twas all about making the company look good as they would go on about all the money they the company were giving to "help the community", all on the backs of their already underpaid employees.

Boeing did all of that to employees back in the late '80's and '90's when I worked there. They leaned hard as well. I forget the main charities they promoted, but about a year or so later, it was in the news that the biggest charity's leader was busted for embezzling millions, and that put a quick end to donations. I think it was "United Way" if I remember right.

Sadly, a lot of charities are being abused today, with even our top politicians having their own tax exempt charities set up so they too can abuse the concept and deceive people.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join