It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak: New mystery illness infects, kills multiple people in Argentina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Man tries to assassinate Argentinian Vice President.

Was the VP standing in the way of allowing this new pandemic so they tried to assassinate her?

Good post! One never knows... but worth looking into and recognizing, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sounds s serious question to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
Thanks for pointing that out. USAF Veteran,

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

The timing of the new mystery illness is amusing.
Can Argentina's new president save the country's economy?
edit on 4-9-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Was the VP standing in the way of allowing this new pandemic so they tried to assassinate her?

This could have been a serious discussion, but along you came...

Anyhoo... Here's the BBC angle with some insightful comments, but basically - let's wait and see while they work out what it is...

source

Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, told the BBC that at this stage, it was "pretty much impossible" to say what the impact might be.

"These things happen from time to time. Often they just fizzle out, but not always.

What site are you posting on again ? What? It's not BBC forums where you can all echochamber mainstream media narratives?

Gtfo

The BBC isn't always wrong. 99 percent of the time things have a completely prosaic answer that has nothing to do with conspiracies or politics, and in those cases the BBC is usually right on the mark.

In this case, it's just been independently verified as being legionella by a body that you've never expressed any problems with Link

The fact that even after 2 years you're still jumping on every single story like this as being some kind of depopulation despite having been debunked 100 percent of the time without exception, suggests that you're simply paranoid.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You better be the first in line for the new experimental vaccine for whatever this is, or shut up forever.

No need. Antibiotics work well for this one, and it's not contagious.

1 year and 6 months since my 1st covid shot. How much longer do I have left to live? I had blood work done in January, and all was well, and I haven't been sick other than a 3 day bout with covid in July. I thought my immune system was supposed to be destroyed or something?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The OP genuinely believes that we're knee deep in dead right now, but that millions of deaths are being covered up, possibly hundreds of millions if you take things globally.

Just look at their other posts. Every time a celebrity or an athlete dies in some way that's not immediately obvious as an auto wreck or a plane crash, or a Clinton foundation sanctioned drone strike, they're looking for a vax angle.

Tell them that tens of thousands of young athletes die of heart attacks die in the average year, and that this was happening pre-covid, and they start telling you that the numbers are up, and then fail to provide a source and then babble on about VAIDS, with the only source that they can find being a homeopath in Australia who claims that pyramid power can reserve autism in children.

Provide a source to debunk them, and their typical answer is something along the lines of "Well, they would say that, wouldn't they".

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: paraphi

This could have been a serious discussion, but along you came...

Anyhoo... Here's the BBC angle with some insightful comments, but basically - let's wait and see while they work out what it is...

source

Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, told the BBC that at this stage, it was "pretty much impossible" to say what the impact might be.

"These things happen from time to time. Often they just fizzle out, but not always.

What site are you posting on again ? What? It's not BBC forums where you can all echochamber mainstream media narratives?

Gtfo

The BBC isn't always wrong. 99 percent of the time things have a completely prosaic answer that has nothing to do with conspiracies or politics, and in those cases the BBC is usually right on the mark.

In this case, it's just been independently verified as being legionella by a body that you've never expressed any problems with Link

The fact that even after 2 years you're still jumping on every single story like this as being some kind of depopulation despite having been debunked 100 percent of the time without exception, suggests that you're simply paranoid.

I thought possible legionella but in the OP it was claimed legionella had been ruled out. Embarrassing for the Argentinians for PAHO to then find to be legionella. It must have been the air conditioning system for the clinic or theatre air handling unit.
edit on 4-9-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Accurate. They'll never admit that they've been wrong about absolutely everything covid related, other than it may have been created in a lab.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm seeing a whole bunch of red flags popping up here...

The NZ Herald reported from the link on the OP, this statement:

Authorities say they have ruled out Covid, flu, influenza types A and B, the legionella bacterial disease and the hantavirus spread by rodents.

Samples have been sent to the Malbran Institute in the capital Buenos Aires for further investigation.
So legionella had been ruled out as of

3 Sep, 2022 01:50 AM

But wait! AaarghZombies made a claim as well:

That link is to the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), which appears to be connected with the World Health Organization. And it does indeed confirm what AaarghZombies says:

Washington, D.C., 3 September 2022 (PAHO) - The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) has been informed by the Argentina Ministry of Health that legionella has been confirmed as the cause of a cluster of pneumonia cases associated with a health clinic in the province of Tucuman, Argentina.
So either Argentina lied about ruling out legionella, or Argentina got false negatives, or PAHO is wrong. Since they are connected with the WHO, that is a possibility I suppose. But something else caught my eye... the date on the article. In the text it says September 3, but the article is dated

2 Sep 2022

Wait... I just looked and the date is now 3 Sep 2022. I guess they changed it while I was typing. You'll have to take my word for that, I suppose... didn't feel the need for a screenshot.

Anyway, the timing also sounds a bit suspicious on the testing. The OP article said that tests had been sent out as of September 1 for additional testing. I looked up to see how long tests took! I mean, I have had to wait for weeks for blood tests to come back before, so a day or two looked like something that needed verified.

According to Testing.com, a site that performs medical tests for various pathogens and components, on a page which states

Medically Reviewed by Expert Board
there are four basic tests for legionella:

• Legionella pneumophila antigen — this is the preferred initial test for Legionnaires disease. It detects one of the bacterium’s proteins. It is performed on urine and occasionally on another body fluid. It is a rapid way to detect an infection, but it will only detect Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1. Since this is the most common cause of Legionnaires disease in the U.S., it will detect most infections in adults.

• Legionella culture — this type of culture may be performed along with a routine sputum culture because special nutrient media is required to encourage the growth of Legionella and discourage the growth of other bacteria. This test is considered the “gold standard” for diagnosing an infection caused by Legionella bacteria. A positive culture may be determined in about 48 to 72 hours. Negative cultures are held for at least 7 days before a final result is reported. A culture will identify multiple Legionella species and is used both to confirm that a person has a legionella infection and to help identify the source of an outbreak.

• Direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) staining for Legionella species — this is a rapid test that can be performed on respiratory samples and tissue and requires only 2 to 4 hours for results.

• Legionella species by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) — this test detects bacterial genetic material, primarily in respiratory secretions but sometimes in other body fluids. It can detect several species of Legionella but is not widely used.
Further down, the page explains that DFA is rarely used... so that would indicate that the tests used were either Legionella pneumophila antigen or Legionella culture. Judging by the descriptions, the most likely way to get an initial negative followed by a positive would be for the first test to be Legionella pneumophila antigen and the second to be Legionella culture. But Legionella culture requires 2 to 3 days to do the test! Add in transportation time, sample handling time... that seems like a very short time period to get back a positive Legionella culture test.

But I suppose it is possible.

Then I looked up Legionnaire's Disease. Turns out, that legionella bacteria is all around us. It's in swimming pools, water supplies, evaporative cooling units, about anywhere there is fresh water. From what I read, which covered several different medical sources, legionella is endemic: it exists all around us, but we don't normally even think about it because it normally doesn't bother us. When it does the result is more often Pontiac fever (mild, flu-like symptoms without pneumonia) than Legionnaire's disease (serious symptoms plus pneumonia).

So why would there be an outbreak that affected 11 people, killed four, in one medical clinic? Well, I can only think of one reason... and Lord Ahriman is going to hate me for this... and that is the vaccines. Argentina reports 83.2% of their population is fully vaccinated and 90.9 percent have had at least one jab as of Friday. This was a medical clinic, so I can only assume the people there were approaching 100% fully vaccinated. Perhaps, just perhaps, this is a different strain of legionella that has mutated to take advantage of any weakness in the immunity that the vaccine left?

Many people have reported mild, flu-like symptoms after taking the vaccinations... could that be legionella bacteria able to generate a mild form of Pontiac fever? It is endemic. If legionella bacteria were able to mildly infect people who were vaccinated, is it that far-fetched to wonder if the bacteria could mutate to take advantage of immunity deficiencies?

Not saying any of this is true... hell, I might be just blowing smoke here. But it does make some sense to me, and hopefully if I really am off the mark, someone on this site will correct me. If I'm right... well, we need to know about it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

BBC world service announced that it was in the ventilation system. Which probably means a centralized AC unit.

The World service where I live uses local sources so I trust it quite a bit.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

All reputable theatres have air handling units to keep a positive pressure within the theatre, so if a door is opened air flows outward, if these haven't been looked after then that could be the culprit. Each patient would recieve a "dose" whilst everbody else working inside is masked and gowned up so has less chance of catching it.
edit on 4-9-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We will wish it was legionella or the vaccines when we find its actually a henipah virus.
edit on 4-9-2022 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

i would think that the FIRST patient to die,
would be patient zero... not the 3rd,
unless a testable value of toxin was
higher in those first 2 deaths

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappie
a reply to: infolurker

i would think that the FIRST patient to die,
would be patient zero... not the 3rd,
unless a testable value of toxin was
higher in those first 2 deaths

If it was the air handling unit like I suspect, then you need to know the health of the patients. The 3rd patient may have been a 80 year old with serious health issues whilst the first patient may have been a healthy 20 year old having a few stiches.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
So far, 30% mortality rate. Definitely something to watch out for if it spreads further. It is long past time to prepare for an eventual "real" pandemic as it is just a matter of time. Some fools are going to let out a lab made super infections killer sooner or later.

Definitely one to watch.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

A person believed to be "patient zero" has become the third person to die in Argentina this week from a mystery illness that has so far affected at least nine people.

Health authorities have stated it is "very similar" to but not Covid-19.

The World Health Organisation has said it is monitoring a "pneumonia of unknown origin" in the nation.

All cases of the unexplained type of pneumonia have been linked to a private medical clinic in the northwestern Tucuman province.

The symptoms include fever, body aches, vomiting, diarrhoea, and shortness of breath.

Authorities say they have ruled out Covid, flu, influenza types A and B, the legionella bacterial disease and the hantavirus spread by rodents.

www.voanews.com...

Tests for known respiratory viruses and other viral, bacterial and fungal agents were all negative, PAHO said. Biological samples have been sent to Argentina's National Administration of Laboratories and Health Institutes for additional testing, which will include an analysis for the presence of toxins.

Dr. Michael Osterholm, an infectious disease expert at the University of Minnesota, said given that the lungs are heavily involved, the cause is likely something the patients inhaled.

He first suspected Legionnaires' disease, which is caused by inhaling droplets of water containing Legionella bacteria, but tests have ruled that out.

PAHO and the WHO are monitoring the outbreak and assisting local health officials with the investigation.

I have been expecting some strange and lethal things to pop up sometime soon. I am guessing that the original corona weapon strain was designed to be bad, die down and then mutate with over viruses over time. That or the vaccinations would cause some normally benign viruses to mutate based on something in the mixture.

I dont think for a second that they are done with their depopulation agenda. If anything they have accelerated it to account for the upcoming 2022 midterms and high likelihood of 2024 putting Trump back in place - which means the jig is up so to speak for them. No way to accomplish their goals by 2030 if he's in power from 2025 to 2029.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Madonna: Don't cry for me anymore Argentina because I ain't coming back to your now diseased county ever again for your delicious tac-os and burri-toes! 📌🌮🌯👣

edit on 8-9-2022 by DoomsdayDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Imperator2

I have been expecting some strange and lethal things to pop up sometime soon. I am guessing that the original corona weapon strain was designed to be bad, die down and then mutate with over viruses over time. That or the vaccinations would cause some normally benign viruses to mutate based on something in the mixture.

I dont think for a second that they are done with their depopulation agenda. If anything they have accelerated it to account for the upcoming 2022 midterms and high likelihood of 2024 putting Trump back in place - which means the jig is up so to speak for them. No way to accomplish their goals by 2030 if he's in power from 2025 to 2029.

It was proven to be legionella and not some fictious sci-fi mutant virus. A small number of people died and others were taken ill from well known symptoms of legionella, this has nothing to do with Trump or midterms.......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join