It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Crisis In Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey Mississippi how you holding up?
We are just hearing about the water crisis.

What is disturbing is there doesn’t seem to be any timeline as to when they WILL have water.
Is this America or a third world nation? For people that don’t realize how dire this is…
No drinking water, no water for fires, no water for flushing the toilets.

Unfortunately I think these kinds are issues are going to be more prevalent for many more areas.
Places out west should take heed and see what is on the way.

www.reuters.com...

'A total crisis': Life in Mississippi's capital disrupted by water loss

Many of the 180,000 people who live in the area served by the treatment plant had no choice on Tuesday but to stockpile water, close their businesses and keep their children home. The state said residents would have to endure life without running water indefinitely as officials scrambled to make repairs.

edit on 30-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Apparently in some parts of Mississippi the absence of water isn't the problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They are really really urging people to NOT drink that water!
I’m not even kidding.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I watched a show on Nostradamus just a while back .
One of the experts on the show stated that the next major wars will be fought over water.
Gave some pretty dang good reasoning behind that.
Show was from the early 2000's

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
One of the experts on the show stated that the next major wars will be fought over water.

There was another lady psychic that said one of the safest places to live in the coming years would be around the Great Lakes. I think this is the reason why.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Flooding and other problems it isn't new for Jackson Ms, it is exasperated by failing infrastructure after all Mississippi is the least wealthy state. That said it's for the 160,000 Jackson residents how does that constitute a crisis for all of Mississippi? Not implying you are wrong but the rest of the state isn't having those problems just Jackson or am I missing something? Mississippi has a population of almost 3 million people

www.clarionledger.com...

For years, Jackson residents have questioned whether their water was safe to drink. In 2015, high levels of lead were found in the city’s drinking water. From June 21, 2015, to May 28, 2021, Jackson sampled its water for lead 1,352 times. Of those samples, 66% contained lead, according to records examined by the Clarion Ledger.

Any amount of lead is harmful.

For years the water treatment plant, and by extension the community, has dealt with everything from bad batch of chemicals, an electrical fire to winter storms crippling the water and sewer systems for a month.

Reeves said until the state sets up base at Curtis he could give no timetable on when the problems may be fixed. Until then MEMA will also be providing bottled water for the city’s roughly 160,000 citizens, as well as those in Byram who depend on Jackson’s water.

edit on 30-8-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

www.abovetopsecret.com...

China is damming rivers in Tibet, which will reduce fresh water into India.
India is not liking this, is close enough and large enough (population) to be a threat.

(somebody blamed Biden. Don't see how we can put this on him.)

anyone remember the documentary 'Koyaanisqatsi'? the title translate to 'life out of balance'. that's what we have today; half the world (it seems) is too dry and parts (East Kentucky, Jackson MS, Pakistan) too wet.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hypothetical - If American History were Somehow Different , would a Then President Donald J. Trump Even Allow such a Situation like this Exist in the Great State of Mississippi ? Would he Not as a Responsible President do Everything in his Power to Prevent of Correct it ASAP ? Well > ? My Point Being , the Nations Present " Woes" are due to VERY POOR Leadership , and the American People are Suffering because of Bad Choices..........

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This is why we don’t arbitrarily decided to spend billions erasing college loans or propping up war torn regimes on a whim. We weight those actions and discuss them to be sure we have enough to solve emergencies as they rise. But if Jackson feels left out, we can give them them Flint’s phone number…

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's not like Jackson shouldn't know how to handle flood situations. Just another democrat run city with property crimes over 50% higher than Chicago, and almost as high for violent crime. The city government does not care about the citizens so long as they get power, corruption deals, and live the good life.
edit on 30-8-2022 by Oouthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oouthere
It's not like Jackson shouldn't know how to handle flood situations. Just another democrat run city with property crimes over 50% higher than Chicago, and almost as high for violent crime. The city government does not care about the citizens so long as they get power, corruption deals, and live the good life.

This. It’s just the democrat capitol. I live in a red county 5 minutes from Jackson. I wouldn’t know about it if it wasn’t in the news.
edit on 31-8-2022 by Notabot12345666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
water and sewage department in Detroit were notoriously corrupt for years.
the system was finally taken over by a multi-county consortium

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Detroit caused the problems Flint had but they didn't go after them. A Benton Harbor MI audit found over 50% of the people weren't paying for over 3 years and hadn't been shut off. And nearly 1500 properties didn't even have a meter.

Dem ran hell holes.

join