It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overexertion is More Dangerous than I Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that physical overexertion in times of stress can be dangerous to such a level, last week I was caught in a twist of being dehydrated and also with a lack of sleep, then I had to pick up my car from being towed, I then got lost on my bicycle in a crazy turn of events that became resolved by the end of the day.

The outcome and impact was so much more than I expected. I was in bed for 5 days. All the pain was geared around my head from a stress headache sitting right beneath the skin, and my throat pain, every muscle in my face seemed to hurt at different times - it was moving in different places. Day 6 I could spend time not laying down. Day 7 I can do more and recovery should be after this weekend.

In the positive, it really forced me to do a vision quest. I am normally not strong enough to do a vision quest because I have trouble fasting after day 2, but I always want to do a vision quest and that forced me to.

What I saw of the vision quest stood out, I am normally always learning about psychology and ancient history so besides the norm I saw a difficult thing for every human being in my opinion - I am adopted but, my mom sister and their friends do not like me for things I did as a teen growing up, although I am changed they have continued to treat me apparently distasteful. It is a realization that any person is better off alone than with hurtful and negative treatment being encountered repeatedly. I saw the realization that I am disliked by my remaining family because of my personality - it is this understanding that not everyone in the world can like us, but we all know having zero family can suck. It is when I trusted them every time I was hurt. Learning and understanding where I stand in their eyes no matter what I acheive, no matter how good I do, will allow me to keep my trust away from energies that end up harming me. We cannot change what people choose to say, and I need to choose what to say and do because if I communicate then I am obligated to follow through and fulfill that communication which of course has went the wrong way every time. It took years and years to learn the ways of actions and things routinely said - the vision quest really helps with clearing out those false understandings that we develop over long periods of being manipulated by all untruth. It reminds me that I want to learn self hypnosis as if that is similar, lol I guess you aren't as vulnerable that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MatterIsLight
I wasn't aware that physical overexertion in times of stress can be dangerous to such a level, last week I was caught in a twist of being dehydrated and also with a lack of sleep, then I had to pick up my car from being towed, I then got lost on my bicycle in a crazy turn of events that became resolved by the end of the day.

The outcome and impact was so much more than I expected. I was in bed for 5 days. All the pain was geared around my head from a stress headache sitting right beneath the skin, and my throat pain, every muscle in my face seemed to hurt at different times - it was moving in different places. Day 6 I could spend time not laying down. Day 7 I can do more and recovery should be after this weekend.

In the positive, it really forced me to do a vision quest. I am normally not strong enough to do a vision quest because I have trouble fasting after day 2, but I always want to do a vision quest and that forced me to.

What I saw of the vision quest stood out, I am normally always learning about psychology and ancient history so besides the norm I saw a difficult thing for every human being in my opinion - I am adopted but, my mom sister and their friends do not like me for things I did as a teen growing up, although I am changed they have continued to treat me apparently distasteful. It is a realization that any person is better off alone than with hurtful and negative treatment being encountered repeatedly. I saw the realization that I am disliked by my remaining family because of my personality - it is this understanding that not everyone in the world can like us, but we all know having zero family can suck. It is when I trusted them every time I was hurt. Learning and understanding where I stand in their eyes no matter what I acheive, no matter how good I do, will allow me to keep my trust away from energies that end up harming me. We cannot change what people choose to say, and I need to choose what to say and do because if I communicate then I am obligated to follow through and fulfill that communication which of course has went the wrong way every time. It took years and years to learn the ways of actions and things routinely said - the vision quest really helps with clearing out those false understandings that we develop over long periods of being manipulated by all untruth. It reminds me that I want to learn self hypnosis as if that is similar, lol I guess you aren't as vulnerable that way.

Why do you need to fast to do a vision quest? Just wondering... I do them a couple of times a week without putting restriction up on myself.

I can relate to the feeling of sickness after overdoing yourself, especially the dehydration makes everything worse, faster.

As for what you wrote about your family, can relate to that one as well. The most important thing I have learned from it is that I am not all the things they say I am (and neither are you!) and you just need to keep reminding yourself of that. It's not true just because others say it, you know exactly who you are, what kind of person you are... their opinion really doesn't matter all that much.

edit on 26-8-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight

When fasting don't forget that you need electrolytes, especially if excessive heat, older, have chronic illness and throwing in any exercise/vigorious labor.

Electrolytes are essential.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Overexertion on an unprepared body can set you back. You need to stay fit for this reason. It helps to keep your mind and body prepared for higher levels of exertion.

top topics

join